Infertility
Options

Hi

I'm not sure if this is the right place. This seems like a supportive group.  I received lab results last week with a post menopausal FSH (27). Apparently labs completed in November 2017 that I was told were normal at that time that I'm finding out now also showed the same (FSH 39).  Neither was a day 3 lab.  I'm 38. I have an appointment scheduled at the end of next month with an RE.  I am devastated.  

Re: Hi

• Options
    Hi @ah80 I would see what your labs are like on cycle day 3 I know some can be ran at any point during your cycle( like your AMH)  but certain ones they take between CD2 and CD4 for a reason. Did you get any other results or just the FSH?  The RE will run a ton more tests to rule out or find out what exactly is going on. I know how disappointing these results seem right now but there are a ton of other tests to run ...try and keep your head up doll! I’m sorry you’re here on these boards with us but you’re in the right place. I’m about the same age as you, I’ll be 38 in Oct, and we have MFI. One step at a time sweetie. FX that your CD 3 results are better.
  • Options
    Hi @ah80 - welcome, I'm sorry you find yourself here. 

It's my understanding that FSH levels may vary throughout a cycle. Like PP mentioned, FSH levels are usually measured on day 3. 

Are you having any other symptoms? Are you menstruating regularly? Are you TTC?

Good luck!