Infertility

Interesting article on IUI timing

i had my second IUI (2.3 million, 90% forward motility) this morning and was worried it was too late bc it was 42.5 hours post trigger. Then I come across this article/ thoughts? Do other people’s REs think this way? Mine does not.
https://www.acfs2000.com/intrauterine-insemination-iui.html

Re: Interesting article on IUI timing

• They only offer iui 24 hours after trigger at my RE. The studies seem to have conflicting data about pregnancy rates and iui timing. If you get multiple mature follicles, I wonder if they release at different times.. 
  • That was very interesting to read. They seemed really determined that anything less than 42-43 hours after HCG has a low probability of success but yet my OBGyn and RE have both done within 24hrs. I really have always wondered about the timing and if that is why I have had 2 failed IUI's thus far..hm. I'm very interested to see if you get a BFP! Keep us posted :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, what was your outcome? I had my second IUI  with frozen sperm yesterday, 48 hours after positive OPK and 16 hours after ovulation pain. This gives me hope I still have a chance, thank you!