Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 6/13

darkstar42darkstar42 member
edited June 2018 in February 2019 Moms
How many weeks? 

How big is the baby?

Symptoms?

R/R/Q?

GTKY: Where would you go if you could travel anywhere in the world?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 6/13

• Options
    How many weeks? 5

How big is the baby? The size of a dot snail (whatever that is...)

Symptoms? Not much yet. Some insomnia and fatigue, but no MS yet.

R/R/Q? Just trying to stay calm for the next two and half weeks until my first u/s appointment! No real questions right now.

GTKY: Where would you go if you could travel anywhere in the world? I'd love to visit New Zealand and Australia!
  • Options
    How many weeks? 5

How big is the baby? As big as an appleseed!

Symptoms? Just sore boobs and feeling bloated/gassy.

R/R/Q? I don't know what the R's stand for, but I assume Q is questions... My question is: For those of you who have been pregnant before, when did you tell your parents and in-laws you were expecting?? If this is your first, when do you plan to tell them, or have you told them already?

This is our first, and our plan is to tell them around 6 wks! My parents are already grandparents, but this will be my in-law's first grandbaby! (Lord-Willing!)

GTKY: Where would you go if you could travel anywhere in the world? I wanna go to Greece and Italy!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @eliseirene31613 This is my first as well, but we’ve been dealing with infertility issues for a year, so we told our families right away. Basically, we’re ok with telling anyone who we’d also want to tell if we experienced a loss. The Rs are rant/rave. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    How many weeks? 5, 6 tomorrow 

How big is the baby? Weighs as much as a grain of rice. Explain why I feel 500 lbs then please  :D (bloating)

Symptoms? The fatigue hit me HARD today. My dogs are exhausted, too, because it's 105°. Ha! And GOOD GOD my boobs hurt. 

R/R/Q? I'm living on smoothies full of spinach and cherries and mango and... etc. 
    Q: who else is cramping like I am in the middle of the night?

GTKY: Japan

@eliseirene31613 We're telling my parents not this weekend but next. ILs, we're not sure. They live out of state and we want to tell them in person. This is the first baby on both sides. Our grandparents are gonna be thrilled too! I'm SO excited to tell everyone. 
  • Options
    @saraloveschunk Me too with the middle of the night cramping! I’ve been keeping a heating pad by the bed to put on my belly when I get cramps.
  • Options
    @eliseirene31613 This is my 3rd.

** TW ** We lost our first at 10 weeks so I am very hesitant to tell anyone during the first trimester. But only because I feel like I am jinxing it if I say anything before the 10 weeks mark. Not logical, I know.  **End TW**

With DS and DD we waited until around 12 weeks to tell family, which wasn't bad because they only had six months to wait.  I should add that our families live a few hours away, so it's pretty easy to hide!
  • Options
    Not a Wednesday person, but I’m also having cramps. I couldn’t fall asleep bc of them last night. They’re just normal menstrual cramp feelings, but I haven’t had cramps since having DD (lucky, right?!) so I’m not used to it and it kept bothering me. Also cramping just makes me nervous even though I KNOW it’s normal. 
  • Options
    Also not a Wednesday ticker change person but figured I'd crash in too to share. 

I've also been having some cramping at night. I know it's normal and they aren't to the point that I am concerned but I was having serious PGAL brain last night.  
  • Options
    How many weeks: 6 weeks

How big is the baby?: the size of a sweet pea

Symptoms: sore boobs, exhaustion, nausea has just started

R/R/Q: I tried going camping earlier this week, and I am glad it was only for a couple of days, because, for me at least, it’s really not fun when you’re pregnant. Having to get up in the middle of the night 2-3 times to pee and having to walk out in the cold to get to the bathroom wasn’t fun. There was no air conditioning, so that was difficult. I also didn’t get nearly enough sleep. And all the bug spray I had to wear to keep the mosquitos away was also annoying. Definitely not something I’ll be trying again soon.

GTKY: I think either Brazil or Australia are next on my dream list of places to go. I’ve always wanted to see both places.
  • Options
    I've been cramping a little as well, but it's very mild and it comes and goes. I think I am starting to get pregnancy brain and having mood swings too! lol I am also a little restless at night and have been having weird dreams!  :D

Yesterday, we decided that we're going to go ahead and tell our parents on Father's Day! (I'll be 5w4d) We are sending my father-in-law a t-shirt that says "The Grandfather" (styled like "The Godfather") from Amazon. He's gonna love it! And we'll probably just call my parents and tell them (we don't live near either of our parents). I would definitely want them to know and need their support if we experienced a loss, but @ruby696 I kinda irrationally fear I'll jinx it as well, even though I know it doesn't work that way! I just pray for this baby every day and leave it in God's hands and try not to worry!  <3
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    I don’t want to tell anyone until the second trimester due to my current spotting and previous CP, especially not this early on. Unfortunately I’ll have to tell both my parents and inlaws at the end of next week since we’re going on a two week vacation with them all. At that point I’ll be just over 5 weeks. My mom is already planning to serve us sangria, and we all like our wine, so it’ll be impossible to avoid keeping it from them. I’m really uncomfortable about it though!

It’ll be the first grandchild for both sets of parents, and especially my inlaws have been pining for a grandchild for years (my husband is an only child). My mom is extremely worried for me at all times for no good reason, if I experience another loss she’ll get incredible overbearing and I just can’t deal with that. No one knows about the previous loss or that we were even TTC. I wish our vacation was in a couple months! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso I know what you mean.  My dad arrives tomorrow And my mom on Monday.  Non stop family who all know I love to drink. Not sure if I’m going to tell them yet.  Basically when people ask why I’m not drinking I tell them I had a MC and that I just made the decision to quit drinking all together.  It’s a good way to stop the speculation.  Don’t feel like it’s not something you can talk about.  They are sad for sure.  People totally understand that.  I’ve been surprised by the awesome support I recieved.  
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    @denma2015 Ha, exactly. My love for booze will definitely tip everyone off! I can do a weekend of no drinking without raising suspicion, but a two week long vacation? No dice.

I shouldn’t be so worried about telling them, but I just feel a lot of pressure since it’ll be the first baby of the next generation in both our families. My husband is a 42 year old childless single child, so my MIL is especially baby crazy and have been for years.

I think I’m mostly worried they won’t understand how common CP’s are if I do have one and I’m forced to tell them. My mom had four healthy pregnancies and no losses, and my MIL was past the first trimester before she found out she was pregnant with my husband, so I’m scared they’ll start walking on eggshells around me if it happens again and I have to tell them. I do NOT want that.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso I get the concern, my mom pretty much blamed me for my MC and was constantly telling me what to do when I got pregnant with DD. I used to get really irritated, now it doesn’t even phase me.
    Consider it prep for when the baby gets here, the unsolicited advice and unwanted comments get way worse. Use this trip as an opportunity to practice ignoring all of that, and you’ll be a pro by the time baby gets here ;)
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    That’s a good way to think of it, @conchita1619! And wow, I can’t believe your mom blamed you. I know no one will blame me for anything, but I can do without my uterus being the main focus of my entire family.

If this is a CP, I hope it happens before I leave. That’s probably a cynical thing to say but I’d rather lose this sooner rather than later if it’s predestined anyway.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso Good luck! I hope things go well with your family and that you enjoy your time with them! Try not to stress! Have a wonderful vacation!  <3 
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    Thank you @eliseirene31613!! No matter what’s going on it’ll be great to get out of the usual daily rut!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024