August 2018 Moms
Options

High Risk Pregnancy Check In 6/12

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What movie/TV show could you watch over and over?
Me: 39  DH: 30
Married 1/28/17
TW:
BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

Re: High Risk Pregnancy Check In 6/12

• Options
    How far along are you?
    30w3d

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, RPL, Marginal Placenta Previa, GD, monitoring blood pressure

Friday we have a growth scan and BPP followed by an OB appointment. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I cannot stay hydrated, and I think it's impacting my blood sugars.  I am really working hard at hydration today and turns out I'm running low on my blood sugars again.  I feel like I could make monitoring this pregnancy and all the blood sugars, hydration, blood pressure, etc a full time job. 

Rave: I've planned a surprise  long weekend away (semi close to home) for DH and I on the 22nd.  I'm super excited.  He still doesn't know.  He's irritated because the doctor scheduled us for a morning appointment that day because I asked them to so we could head out on our trip.  He thinks it's just making his work day harder.  He works for his Dad's company so I was able to get him off work without him knowing (yay family business perks).  I think I'm going to wait for that morning and tell him when he wakes up :-)

Sweet Home Alabama, I can quote the whole thing and still would watch it over and over.
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    edited June 2018
    How far along are you?
    28 + 5

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, Diabetes, IC

regular OB appointment on thursday 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Rant:  my fasting blood sugar was so high this morning... 114, the highest i've seen it all pregnancy... it was 86 yesterday so i think it's just stress, it was back at 90 30 minutes later...... i'll watch it the next couple of days and if it doesnt seem to get back under control i will have to talk to my dr about it on Thursday 

Rave:  DH & I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so we have been looking for a larger place (that's the stress mentioned above lol) ... i got the call this morning that we got accepted into a 2 bedroom rental and i am so excited.... it's smaller than i would like in an ideal world but we are buying a house next year so we can make it work by being smart with the space. It also forces us to do a big purge on all our stuff which is something i've wanted to do for awhile

Question: this is the first time i've gotten this far.... and i'm not sure what is normal with movement at this stage... yesterday she moved all day a ton- today i've felt some light movement but nothing like yesterday.... when is it worth a call to the dr?

Show : game of thrones
    movie: any disney movie 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@harleyquinn0621 we love Game of Thrones too, but there are some scenes I probably couldn't watch over again (red wedding I'm looking at you).  And I'm a Disney fanatic too.  Lion King is one I could watch over and over

Hopefully the stress will even out.  Moving and house stuff is hard.  We own a house but it's still not ideal, making it work is the name of the game. Congrats on the new place!

This is the first time I've made it this far as well so I can't actually say what's normal movement.  My doctor has not officially asked me to do kick counts.  But she says if I don't feel the baby all day I have to call.  I think she's afraid if she has me do actual kick counts I'll become obsessive, and she might be right.  My baby still moves differently depending on the day, what I eat, when I eat, and what I do.  I feel more movement when I'm sitting for long periods of time.  Less if I'm up and active.  Things like that. 

Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    How far along are you? Will be 31w on Friday!

Why are you high-risk? Diabetes and AMA

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Nothing besides sending my numbers in and getting adjusted yet again. I've been getting some high readings after meals so I think they'll bring up my fast-acting dose. They've been trying to manage with the NPH because I have a pretty significant reaction to the fast acting but all my pre-meal numbers have been fine. Oh and total bratty rant - I started doing my injections in my arms because the skin on my stomach has gotten so tight and sensitive and now I have these huge ugly bruises on my arms. I bruise like a peach but it looks like I'm spending my 3rd tri in a fight club or something. Wah.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Is it August yet?

GTKY: What movie/TV show could you watch over and over? Friends, Leverage, The Closer, Monk... I have a bunch lol!

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Stac928 - that weekend away sounds lovely! And what a cool surprise! Good for you for being such a sneaky wife ;)

@harleyquinn0621 - So sorry about stress causing you some high readings! I hope getting approved for your new rental (congratulations!!!) will ease your worry!

About the movement - I'll start by saying that anything that is not normal for you and your pregnancy is worth a call to your doctor. You know your body and your baby the best, never feel bad for calling, that's what they're there for! For me though, what you describe sounds totally within my normal. This baby will spend 2 days being a kung fu master in there then will have a 'rest day'.

My doctor wanted me to start doing kick counts at 28 weeks. You should get some kind of movement / kick 10 times in 2 hours. If you haven't felt baby in a while go somewhere quiet and prop your feet up if possible. Drink something ice cold (they say sugary for the non-diabetic) and count kicks. If you're still not getting anything lie on your left side and drink some juice (keep an eye on the amount and your numbers) and count kicks. Still getting nothing then it's definitely time to call or go in. Don't count hiccups, they're involuntary movements and won't tell you much. We're hitting the gestational age where baby is having sleep / wake cycles so it's totally expected to not have a lot for hours then baby dance party when they wake up.

I will say that my instructions could be totally different than what your Dr. wants you to do. It wouldn't hurt to put the call in to your OB's or MFM's office to see what they want you to do <3

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@mrsbubbles-2 I feel you on the bruising.  I'm on baby aspirin (for a possible pregnancy related clotting disorder that may have caused previous loses) so I bruise super easy and look like I'm being beat up.  I work in mental health so I got some interesting questions from co-workers trying to assess my safety lol

I hope they can get your numbers under control, this is such a difficult dance. 

DH and I were just talking this morning about how it feels so close and so far away at the same time, and that's looking at a 36/37 week C-section.  I don't know if I could handle pregnancy all the way until my actual due date lol

How's the weather where you guys are?  It's stupid hot and humid here and that makes it so much more miserable.

Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 - I'm so over the heat! First it was the never ending winter and now the summer came too soon.

I'm on baby asprin as well! I didn't even think that was making the bruising worse, lightbulb moment lol! Omg you're getting so close! I feel like these last few weeks will fly / crawl by. Like the days are long but the weeks are short if that makes any sense at all?

How are you ladies doing with the baby prep? We put a changing table together but I have sooooo much tiny laundry to do. Plus we're dragging all the stuff from DS out of the basement and getting it washed and ready. I feel like we don't have anything we need for a new baby yet but there's baby stuff everywhere!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Yes we had the second coldest April on record followed by the hottest May on record.  It went straight from winter to summer and June isn't shaping up to be any better than May.

Baby prep hasn't been good lol.  This is our first.  I'm dying to buy everything and DH wants to wait until after showers (which is kinda reasonable I guess).  Our showers are June 30 and July 7.  As soon as our completion discount kicks in for Amazon (June 19) I'm ordering my rocker and I think the dresser, showers be damned.  I don't think anyone would buy us those anyway.  Fingers crossed someone in the family buys the crib so we will wait on that.  I do have money saved up to buy all the things we don't get at the showers because we set aside the cost of daycare every week already and will use all that money to outfit baby. 

We do have a bassinet/cosleeper, a swing, and a rock and play already that I got used.  We've painted and re-carpeted the nursery.  Hung curtains and blinds in the nursery.  But now the room sits virtually empty waiting for the big stuff to go in.  I'm dying to get the closet and dresser organization started though and waiting is tough lol

Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    Question: how bad is it that I frequently forget my fast acting insulin until like halfway (or almost done) with my meal.  It's prescribed as with first bite and I just am awful at remembering.
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 - your showers are getting so close! How fun! I think you have a good plan to buy some of the stuff yourself - besides you're going to want that dresser first before the showers so you have a place to put all the stuff and I'm assuming it will have to be assembled! I loved doing the closet organization when I was pregnant with DS - I would re-do it every 2 weeks and call DH up and be like 'so I changed this and that and moved this...' He finally just said that if he couldn't find something he'd ask :)

I'm just as bad with the fast acting. It should be fine but if you start to see lows in your post-meal numbers (because the fast acting kicks in late) I've eaten a snack about 20 min after I finish my meal just so the insulin doesn't cause a false low. Then I'll take my post-meal number an hour after I finish my snack and usually get a pretty steady number from that.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    29+4

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, GD, blah blah blah

Off week, next week is a growth ultrasound and routine OB visit, then on to the bi-weekly visits.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: I am SO over this weather. We went from winter straight into the dog days of summer. May was the hottest on record for us as well, but we've had 19" of rain since the beginning of June. I live in Indiana, not the bloody Amazon! Everything is mud. Our road is mud, our yard is mud, muddy dog prints on the floor, my truck is covered in mud...mud, mud, mud! It's so hot, humid, and stuffy out that I'm finding it hard to breathe let alone do anything useful outside, like mowing the yard. And we're going to be moving houses in a couple of weeks. Bleh.

Rave: I finally found a homemade whole grain sourdough bread recipe I can eat that doesn't screw up my blood sugar numbers. So yay, peanut butter jelly time!

Question: Is it worth talking to a lactation consultant before you give birth? To sort out things you think might be a problem? I'm not sure if what I've going on is normal or not, and I'd like to figure it out before the big day. 

Aliens. I actually watched the VHS copy I had so much, it broke. Thank goodness DVD's seem invincible so far. Otherwise I stream all of the various Star Treks on Netflix as background noise daily. 

First thing in our new house, after ripping carpet out of the laundry room and putting down some linoleum (srsly..), is the nursery. My husband is starting to feel rushed by everything and is wanting to start nesting as well, which I find adorable. So I need to get some sort of quick flooring figured out for that room as well, because the carpet in there is in terrible shape (loose with big wrinkles, stains, etc), new paint picked out, some sort of curtains, and I still need to purchase a dresser that I'll put a changing pad on top of. I'm trying to save up money to just order a Hemnes from Ikea, none of the used furniture sites or stores around here have remotely what I'm looking for. Otherwise I think most of our big stuff is purchased and ready to go, it's all in boxes waiting to be assembled whenever we land at our new home. 

I've got an entire box of gently used baby clothes from newborn to 12mo, mostly gender neutral stuff. But otherwise I'm feeling rather unprepared on the whole. After being harassed, I sent out my Amazon and Target registries to out-of-state family last week, but even so I still feel unprepared. Does that feeling ever subside? I just continually feel like we're missing something big and obvious, but I can't think of anything it might be. Maybe it's just the limbo of moving, I don't know. 

@Stac928 I often forget to take my insulin out with me if we're going out to eat. Going out is such a rare treat I think I get too excited to remember the important stuff before I walk out the door. So I got in trouble for that from my NP. But at home, I've gotten in the habit of laying my insulin pen out on the counter every time I get in the fridge to prepare a meal. It's the first thing I grab and put down, that way it's there to visibly remind me to do it right before I walk by it to go to the table to eat. Now remembering my long-acting before I crawl in bed and get comfy is another story. :P

@stac928 & @mrsbubbles-2 I've found that injecting the insulin into the stretch marks on my lower belly, I have less pain and less bruising, rather than just jabbing wherever. I lightly poke the area, if it hurts, I move the needle slightly and try again. If I feel no twinge, I push it in and hit the plunger. I'm also on baby aspirin.
  • Options

@neeraja_k I can't imagine moving in the midst of all this. 

Oh and we will take some of your rain, we haven't had any!  It's so stinking icky. 

Funny, I laid my syringe out this morning for breakfast while I was making it....then left it on the counter while I ate.  Oh well, it is what it is I guess.  I'll keep trying.

I'm sure the lactation consultant wouldn't mind talking to you.  It can't hurt.

Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    had my regular OB appointment today- i asked her about baby girl's short long bones and she said it isnt anything to worry about- they are just going to watch and make sure she continues growing... even if her long bones stay on the short side it just means she's a short baby ... so i feel much better about that

our baby shower is next weekend (the 23rd) so between that and packing up to move i think the rest of June and July is going to fly by pretty quickly! 

she did let me know cerclage will be removed around 36 weeks and she has seen women go into labor pretty quickly after removal, so i want to be as ready as possible by then just in case 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621 glad the news is just a short baby! 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    Appointment update. 

Apparently I was wrong. No growth scan today. Just a BPP. Everything was good. Placenta still stubbornly marginal previa so still looking at 36/37 week csection. Overall doing well. 

She was fine wirh ny blood sugars even though they’ve creeped up a bit. So stay the course with the insulin. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    How far along are you? 30w+6d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, 2 losses, repaired uterine septum, cerclage

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? I had a 30 week appointment on Tuesday. My next one is in 3 weeks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My OB check up went well - she didn't mention anything about my weight or diet, even though I'm on track to gain more than the magical 35 lbs. I'm pretty anxious to get my cerclage out (MFM said at 35 weeks) so I asked her about scheduling that and she threw me a curveball by saying it may not need to come out at all. I just about passed out. I told her my MFM had put me on restrictions (no sex, no swimming, no bathing) with the cerclage in and she kind of smiled and shook her head like she thought all of that was a bit unnecessary. She said if I'm planning to have another kid, since I'm having a c-section, it may be easier to just leave it in - which would mean I wouldn't get to have sex or swim or bathe until after the baby. Which is NOT what I wanted/anticipated. I almost started crying but she said she'd talk to my MFM and see what needs to be done. Luckily, I emailed her MA about some other issue and when the MA emailed me back, she said the paperwork had been processed for my c-section and cerclage removal - so YAY! I AM getting it out - I'm just wondering now if she plans on waiting til the c-section anyway....? That's at 38 weeks on 8/6.

GTKY: What movie/TV show could you watch over and over? Movies: Star Wars (original trilogy), Breakfast at Tiffany's
    TV Show: X-files

@stac928 Ooo - look at you being sneaky! That weekend sounds super sweet - you have to make sure you tell us how it goes :) And you sound so much more prepared in your nursery than me.. we have all of the big stuff furniture wise, just half of it isn't put together. Also, my friends gave me a bunchof baby stuff and it's kind of just thrown in the room in boxes. It's tough to walk through there, but i've been trying to tackle a little each day. Once the rest of the furniture gets assembled, it'll be easier because there will be places to put stuff.  Happy baby shower to you and @harleyquinn0621 

@neeraja_k It wouldn't hurt to talk to a LC if you ahve questions. Or is there a La Leche League in your area? The one near me has monthly meetings - you could go to one of those too?