October 2018 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 6/12

Stolen from Monday 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What Is you favorite guilty pleasure movie? That one you know is awful, but you just love it!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 6/12

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

21, endive

2. How are you feeling?

Fine today.

Nope

I’m in a rough phase right now where I really missy bodily autonomy. I mean, I miss being able to lift, eat a salad without worrying, drink a third cup of coffee, or house a sushi boat without any lingering mom guilt. I’m so excited to meet this guy and be a mom again but I had just settled into feeling really strong and comfortable with myself when we got our surprise bfp and I really want to get back to that place.

5. GTKY: What Is you favorite guilty pleasure movie? That one you know is awful, but you just love it!

I’ll defend this movie, so I’m not sure it falls into the awful category but I do know how it was reviewed so I think it qualifies. Your Highness is among my favorites. Great for when you just need stupid laughs. H and I both love it.

BabyFruit Ticker
    23 / Grapefruit 

2. How are you feeling?
    Very “normal” but love that I’m feeling this little one move all the time. Daddy felt her kick for the first time last week and was totally weirded out lol. 

My “24” week appointment is Friday, just the normal stuff. 

Now that I feel her a lot, I get really nervous when I don’t feel her for a couple hours but I know it’s still early! 

Definitely not “awful” but also super ridiculous... I love Pretty Woman... I watch it every time it’s on TV, I can’t help myself. 
  • Loading the player...

24/cantaloupe

2. How are you feeling?

Good, have some stretching pains. missing the gym this week b/c DS is home :(

Nope, next week

Annoyed at waking everyday to pee at 5am. 

BabyFruit TickerYes, love Pretty woman! Beaches, I am not sure I really like anything that is awful! lol 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    23 weeks 

2. How are you feeling?

So much pain. Is it October yet?

Sitting in the waiting room now.

H is still beating himself up about hurting me. I don’t know what to say to make him stop. We came up with a safe word that means “I am NOT playing, I’m not in the mood for sex” but he’s still mad at himself that he misread the situation 

Bride & Prejudice. Bollywood Jane Austen! So bad but so fun.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @krzyriver - Give him some time.  He isn’t going to be okay until after you have talked to the doctor anyway.  

Also- I would suggest setting aside some time in a day or two for just the two of you- no other distractions.  Ask him to drop it until then, and then sit down and talk through all the things, start to finish.  Let him know that once you’ve had that discussion, you consider the matter closed as long as everything goes as you’ve agreed going forward (e.g. honoring the safeword).
  • @knottieamusements Yeah, not knowing if he hurt me or the baby is definitely not helping. Z is at my parents tonight, so I'll sit him down to talk tonight. Thanks.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• I agree with @knottieamusements, but I can see where DH is coming from. I know my DH would be super worried and feel bad. It doesn't help that our normal moods and hormones are so out of whack. I've told DH I'd love kinky sex, but when we start I get super worried and out of the mood. I've learned some things are a no-go until post-baby.
  • I’ve actually been on both sides of this conversation.  It really sucks to have to have the conversation, but if everyone can be adult, listen, and be open, things can move forward.  

It’s when you let it become a niggling little itch that shit gets progressively worse.  
  •  How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    24 weeks Catalope 

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good. Stomach gets sour sometimes and I’m super sore.

3. Any appointments this week? Had one today!

Rave!!! 3 more school days with students and 3  without! 

5. GTKY: What Is you favorite guilty pleasure movie? That one you know is awful, but you just love it.

So I live under a movie rock. I like never watch movies. I watch a lot of Dateline...

24 weeks, cantaloupe. Happy Viability day to me!

2. How are you feeling?

Good, tired. I was a little discouraged last week after learning my OB was not in agreement with my Keto eating so I needed to add back carbs. Oh well, healthy baby is my main goal but I was feeling really great with that WOE.

On a separate note, I'm feeling super distant from our board and it makes me a little sad. I had such amazing experiences with my other BMBs but I'm just not feeling the connection this time around. 

Last week was my checkup. Measuring FL of 24 weeks and HB sounded great.

I love The Village. It's my favorite movie ever. 

BabyFruit Ticker  
  • @gizmo1231 I'm sorry you're not feeling as much of a connection to the group :(
  • @Gizmo1231 for me our last BMB was not as organized but it also allowed people to post questions/rants/raves and I didn't have to look into other threads to see things so I feel like I got to know people better faster. I don't want to bring up a debate but we also started a FB group pretty quickly. That then separated and now we have one with 19 people from my dec 13 BMB and I have met several of them in person. But I feel ya, I like how organized and nice everyone is but don't feel a "connection" per say. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah debate tends to breed cameraderie, and also helps us get to know one another better. Short of shit stirring though I don’t feel like there’s really any way to manufacture that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Gizmo1231 I'm sorry to hear that, but I get it. I had difficulty connecting with this group compared to my last BMB as well. I almost left at one point and eventually it happened.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• I think there's some I've connected with more than others, but this group is a huge support system for me and I'm thankful it's here. 

I think if people have ideas of ways to make it better, please feel free to do so. I don't mind random threads :)