Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 6/11

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.** 
**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood TV show? Have you watched it again as adult and what did you think of it now? 

*TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

Re: TFAS w/o 6/11

• Options

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO CD 1  :'(

Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5 yrs

Any thoughts about this cycle? My LP actually did turn out to be longer this past month, so that gives me a little bit more hope. No one has any trips, so we don't have anything impeding our timing for this month. I'm grateful MH is generally compliant with the * <3 appointments* I put on his calendar. 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: DH and I have been trying really hard with our weight watchers diet, and I'm now two pounds lighter than when I conceived my daughter! Granted, we had just decided to start losing weight again when I got KU with her and was not at an ideal weight, but it still feels like a win to me! Ideally I would like to lose about 4 more pounds for my wardrobe to really fit me well again, but I think that weight might be unrealistic for me to maintain long term. If I could lose just 2 more lbs, I'll be really happy. I know the last 5 are the hardest to get rid of, but I'm optimistic. 

GTKY: I really loved Rugrats, Doug, and The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I did decide to try to watch some of them recently and the animation is horrible. The stories are so silly. But Doug actually was still good, surprisingly. 

*TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

• Options
    @general_organa Rugrats was one of my favorites as well as Doug. I still think Rugrats is cute, the stories are silly and senseless but I still enjoy the silliness. I am a big kid really though.

Cycle/Month? 1/1 this go around, a year in all counting my benched cycles.

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? DS-3 DSS-19 DSD-16

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just ready to get FW here. Happy my temps are pretty consistent this cycle.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I just want today to be over

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood TV show? Have you watched it again as adult and what did you think of it now? See above Rugrats, Doug, The Wild Thornberrys, and Rockos Modern Life were my most consistent watches. Oh and Clarissa. 

Rugrats and Doug have been fun to rewatch, Rockos is so weird I can’t watch it, and Thornberries I haven’t caught. Clarissa is a fun watch but I evaluate it so different as a parent.

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat I think I rewatched Rugrats so many times while I was growing up that they were just exactly the same as I remember them! I need to rewatch Clarissa after your description. DH and I read something about Rocko that said it was actually a pretty intense commentary about consumerism. I need to watch it again!
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

• Options

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 3/3, soon to be 4/4

WTO/TWW? TWW, but expecting AF tomorrow.

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I was really hopeful, but my temp started dropping this morning.

Any questions? Have any of you noticed you don't get as much CM as you did when TTC your first? I feel like I can barely tell now, whereas for my first it was very obvious. I'm 2yrs PP and stopped nursing 6 months ago, so I wouldn't think that would be a factor.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant: I almost teared up yesterday reading a book to DD. That should have been my clue that AF is coming. I wasn't overly emotional during pregnancy, but pre-AF? I'm a mess.

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood TV show? Have you watched it again as adult and what did you think of it now?  I was apparently a big fan of Raffi. My mom keeps threatening to send me my old tapes (not that I have a way to play them.) I'm also a fan of the classic Nickelodeon.

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @general_organa congrats on your weight loss!
  • Options
    @general_organa Great job with the weight loss! I know how hard it can be sometimes, so you are doing fantastic!

@kindbytealikat Rocko's was always weird to me as a kid watching it - not sure I would like it now, lol!

@meggyme I LOVE Raffi!! I didn't know it existed as a kid, but I listen to Raffi so much now. I'm not sure if DS likes it, but I sure as heck play a lot for him. Baby Beluga has saved me a few times in the car when he was super young. Also - I am still BF'ing so CM is non-existent in my world, sorry I can't help more!

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nope, we're just waiting and seeing. 

Any questions? When did your kids start saying words and they knew what they meant? DS definitely talks all the time, but I'm just not sure yet if he knows what he is saying. Lots of Dadadada, Mamama, and maybe an All Done and Yeah, but he's not really connecting them to anything. 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Blaaah. I have to go get an appraisal today for my car. We are looking into buying a new one so now I need to see if the dealer will give us more money or if Car Max will. 

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood TV show? Have you watched it again as adult and what did you think of it now? I really liked Sabrina the Teenage Witch.  I remember how fun the TGIF programming was when I was in elementary/middle school. I actually watched it recently (yay for Amazon Prime while pumping!), and I personally think it held up.  There's just something magical about magic for me, lol!

• Options
    @meggyme thank you! I'm sorry you had a temp drop this morning. I'm actually having the opposite CM as I had when we TTC'd the first time. I hardly had any when I TTC'd my daughter and I actually started taking evening primrose oil from CD 1 to O (and then you stop) and it made a huge difference. I was also drinking green tea daily during FW. I think both of those things helped a lot for EWCM.

@lilly91613 thank you! I love your avatar - my daughter is obsessed with Alice in Wonderland right now! As far as your question, DD was/is a little early talking freak, but she said "dog" around 9.5 months. I think by the time she was 12 or 13 months she had 10-15 words that had consistent meaning. I think the pediatricians only expect 2 words with meaning at 12 months old and 4 words at the 15 month appointment. But if you're really concerned, it wouldn't hurt to talk to the advice nurse at your pedi's office and see what they think. 
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

• Options
    @meggyme  I am having the ax act same problem with CM? Just curious, did you get an IUD after you had number 1? I’ve wondered if it was the pregnancy or the IUD that changed my body. Because I used to get loads of it now none and it’s left me cluecless in this round of TTC. @general_organa I am going to have to try the evening primrose oil. Where would you find such a thing? Whole Foods store? Also so why do you stop using at O? (And as others mentioned kudos on the weight loss!)

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 6/6

WTO/TWW? WTO CD 1or 2??? (Light before bed last night and full on when I woke up- what you you call it?) 

Ages of other child. 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? Had lots but hey are over in WTO 

Rant/Rave/Brag: Put CD 1 dates into EDD calculator and EDD for this cycle would be March 18 and DD bday is March 16. I don’t love this.... at all but don’t want to sit this cycle out. Also, sad/frustrated/annoyed about hitting half year mark. 

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood TV show? Have you watched it again as adult and what did you think of it now? 

@rugrat lovers I feel like my childhood was deprived becuase I wasn’t allowed to watch it. My little sister would take on the personality of the snobby characters so my mom would ban them from us. (Land Before Time was another one due to Sara.)

Doug was a fav, Tom and Jerry, Tweety, Bugs Bunny etc. when I was a bit older we loved Zoom on PBS. 

• Options
    @JLaVO888 I got my EPO at Sprouts, but I don't think it's a national chain. I would assume Whole Foods would carry it, too? Apparently it can cause uterine contractions - people often take it at the end of pregnancy to try to bring on labor, so it's not good to keep taking after O as people assume it could interfere with implantation should conception occur. I have no idea if any of that is real scientific fact, but there's honestly no reason to keep taking after O so it doesn't hurt to just stop it at that point. 
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

• Options
    @general_organa We do have sprouts in this area. But I’m in a smaller town and all we actually have is a Natural Grociers but they should do. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 I had the pill pre-DD and nexplanon postpartum and my cycle seems to be doing the same thing as yours: not much CM, O around CD17-19 and this last cycle on CD15. Still waiting to see if my LP gets longer but it has been around 10-11.
  • Options
    @general_organa how many mg of evening primrose oil do you take?
  • Options
    @meggyme I really want to punch all those people who are like “IUD out and BFP two weeks later”. Like no, you are a fucking unicorn. That shit doesn’t happen. 
  • Options
    @meggyme the internet says to take 1500-2000mg for ewcm, but I'm pretty sensitive to supplements, so I just started on the lowest dose I could find and decided if I didn't see a difference, I'd increase the dose the next cycle. I can't remember what dosage I was able to find, but it looks like Target carries 1000 mg tabs and Sprouts has 1,300 mg tabs (that's probably the one I took since I got mine at Sprouts). I just took one per day at bedtime. I don't think time of day matters though, I just take all my vitamins and bedtime because they make me nauseous in the morning. 
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

• Options

What number are you trying for?  2

Cycle/Month? 

WTO/TWW?  TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling hopeful

Any questions? Anyone have a placental  abruption before? My son was delivered via emergency c section one month early. I'm scared there is damage to my uterus. I'd be heartbroken if my body fails me.

Rant/Rave/Brag:

It was so easy to conceive our son. I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself. What if it doesn't happen so quickly this time? I'm so damn impatient.

I loved cartoons and Pee Wee's Playhouse. My son watches it on Netflix now :) 

• Options

@general_organa green tea does wonders for my EWCM too. 

@meggyme I think I had little less CM now than before DS. However, I'm still BF, but drinking green tea helps. And @lilly91613 I also loved Raffi as a kid! 

@JLaVO888 I did the EDD calculator too for this cycle and it would be the beginning of March. I probably shouldn't have done that though because it makes the TWW seem even longer.

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW I think, waiting for temp rises tomorrow to hopefully confirm

Ages of other child(ren)? 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not too hopeful due to DH being a drag and not wanting to BD the days I wanted. I'm confused about why my temp didn't rise this morning (it went down slightly) when all the physical signs and OPKs pointed to O day being 2 days ago.

Any questions? I had one earlier today but forgot what it was...

Rant/Rave/Brag: On the bright side, DH was around for FW (we previously thought he was going to be out of town for work during FW). On the down side our timing was bad. I hate the TWW. I'm going to be obsessing over everything my body does until AF arrives. Ugh! Also, when we did BD this week, I could tell DH wasn't enjoying it fully because he knew it was baby making sex.

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood TV show? Have you watched it again as adult and what did you think of it now

I liked Recess. I haven't seen it in years, but I'm sure there is a lot of content I would pick up on now that I didn't understand as a kid.

• Options
    @luckywife10 Yes I hate hate hate the TWW. WTO always goes smoothly and quickly for me but the TWW is just a killer. And although I obviously don’t want AF to show each month, when it does it’s a much needed mental break from the crazies. 

@mdmommymegs
     TW*** babies and talk of TTC successfulness**
    *I am in the same boat as far as the first go around being easy and now this time has proven to not be the same. When trying for DD I went in with the mindset of knowing it would take a while and then it didn’t. So this time even though I knew I should have the same mindset it was really hard not to be hopeful that it would happen he same way again. Even my OB told me “It can happen the first time again! Maybe I’ll see you next month!” I really hate her for saying that becuase hearing the words from a doctor made it feel highly likely that it would happen quickly again. So anyways now I’m feeling like a total noob to all this even though I read and read and read last time and did tons of other things to prep for TTC. I’m also kicking myself for waiting so long to try for number two but my PPD was so so bad for a while and I was not ready. I’m still on my meds now but it’s under control and tapering off a bit but it makes me angry that I feel like I was forced to postpone TTC. All my close BMB moms have their second babies in arms or coming this summer and it makes me so impatient.
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 I'm the same way, on both TWW and trying for 1st vs 2nd. I feel helpless during TWW because at least in WTO I have "work" to do toward my goal. Which bmb were you in? I was June 2016.
  • Options
    March 16 and it was a great group. I lurk my possible new BMB every month (I’m a masochist I know) and I’ve got to say they seem way to anal and organized now. How they assign a weekly post to a specific person feels like overkill. We did just fine letting anyone post it each day and then we were all equals. I feel like the first ten to the board end up being the “royal family” of the BMB. 
  • Options
    Me too, but mostly because I like reading the drama of a new bmb.
  • Options
    I’ve been meaning to ask if you guys get this horrible sense of guilt for wishing away TTC time becuase you know that means you are wishing away your 1st kiddos littleness and I’m already having a hard enough time with how fast she is growing. It’s such a conundrum.
  • Options

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 2/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 year old baby and a daughter in heaven

Any thoughts about this cycle? I hate this cycle.  I think maybe I finally did O, but havent slept well lately, which throws my temps off.  Also, my son woke up last night and wouldn't go back to sleep, so I wasn't able to take my temp this morning to either confirm O or to figure out I didn't actually O.  So annoying.  And I'm tired now!

Any questions? Not right now.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Mine is more of a question.  I have mentioned before that I am training to become a doula.  Would any of you be willing to take a survey for me about it?  If not, no worries!

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood TV show? Have you watched it again as adult and what did you think of it now?  Power Rangers.  Yes and it was so cheesy and corny haha.

• Options
    @sparklingdiamond I'd take your survey. PM it to me.
  • Options
    @meggyme Thank you!  Sorry if you just got it more than once...it was being weird.
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond That is the number one reason I have out of temping. With DD being unpredictable about her sleep and waking patters I think it’s going to be a cluster f***.

I would do the survey as well. 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @JLaVO888 guilty, that's exactly what I do monthly. 
    @sparklingdiamond I can do your survey too if you need more people :smile:

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? This time around 4. We've been trying off and on for almost three years.

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? About 4, 5.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? It had better not suck like last months lol.

Any questions? I'm sure I will after I post.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Definite rant, not only did my period come four days early, but it lasted for seven days instead of three.

I basically loved all of the previously mentioned. I also loved BraceFace, As told by ginger, and PepperAnn big time. Still watch them occasionally with just as much of a mind numb

Darn typos

• Options
    @JLaVO888 He usually sleeps pretty well and it's only occasionally we have nights like this, but of course its ALWAYS an important night where I really need a good temp!
  • Options
    Ugh DD has never been a great sleeper. She does STTN most nights now but she still wakes at odd times about once or twice a week. 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 and @third_time_round I sent you guys a PM!
  • Options
    @general_organa At DS's 1 year appointment the Dr. mentioned that they wanted 1 word with meaning, but she really wasn't too concerned. I am just a wee bit analytical/type A/crazy, so I obsess over what he is not hitting milestone-wise. I have been feeding him "Mama", "Dada", "Bye-Bye" and "Hi" repeatedly when such a situation arises, so I am hoping those are going to stick soon.

@JLaVO888, @meggyme  I feel the same about the stalking BMB's. I wasn't really active on mine (May '17), but I am lurking all the new boards now. I feel like a creeper. LOL!

@sparklingdiamond Is it too late for me to also take your survey?

• Options
    @lilly91613 I will send you a PM With the link!
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond happy to take the survey too if you still want more people!
  • Options
    @LElkCot Sending you a PM!
  • Options
    @lilly91613 Missed your question about talking milestones. I completely understand where you are coming from with the worry but it sounds like he is within the range of “normal”. DD has never really been behind with her speech but I feel like maybe exactly right on track but never ahead of the curve for sure. I’ve found just about the time I really start to obsesses about her speech progression she dives into a leap and I get the results I’ve been hoping for. I think around a year most of DD speech was still playing with sounds and getting a handle on a few words. Learning not to compare her speech to the kids in her BMB has been one of the hardest but best things I’ve done. I just have to keep reminding myself there will always be some ahead of her and some behind her but as long as she’s roughly where she is supposed to be there isn’t much reason to worry. It will only drive you batty. My competitive nature makes that really really hard to do though. I always just try to focus on her strengths where she is maybe a tad ahead knowing we all are good at different things. 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 Same here!
     TW*** babies and talk of TTC successfulness**
    How long have you been trying? I wanted to wait so that was able to soak up all that toddler time with my son.  I am also a teacher, so I am selfishly trying to plan and end-of-school-year delivery.  I literally just bought 6 pregnancy tests on my lunch break.  I want to surprise my hubs with a BFP on Father's Day so badly.  We just can't beat ourselves up. It will happen when it's time and I think you are very wise to take your own health into consideration before trying for another.  I had PPA so badly - I thought I was going nuts.  It took a while for it go back to normal.  I hope to hear a success story from you soon! Big hugs! 
  • Options
    @mdmommymegs IUD was removed 6 months ago but we’ve had a few months that timing was way off so not too long in the grand scheme of things. I’m also a teacher and was really wanting a Jan or feb baby becuase I already have a March. March was the dream month to deliver for a teacher. Maybe I’m just destined to have two Marchies. My year back from mat leave was by far the hardest class I’ll probably ever have so that played a huge part in my PPD I think. Between pumping on a teacher schedule, 4 mega hard students, being team lead for the first year and having a baby that hateed sleep I almost lost my mind. For a long time I was sure one kid was going to be enough. 
  • Options

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)?  7 and 4 year old boys

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not yet

Any questions? Who has an extremely spirited child with big emotions?  Our youngest cries about everything!  I feel like he should have outgrown that reaction by now but it’s his default.  Am I supposed to help him regulate his emotions by getting him to stop crying?  Or am I supposed to let him cry if he wants so that I don’t “break his spirit” as I always see parenting blogs warn not to do?

Rant/Rave/Brag:  not today!

GTKY: What was your favorite childhood TV show? Have you watched it again as adult and what did you think of it now? Full House!  I have.  As well as Fuller House.  It’s way more lame than I remember!

• Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 we do!
    First of all, I love your name :smile:
    Second of all, my son has always been like that. He was born crying and hasn't stopped since. He's a "sensitive" there's whole parenting styles for dealing with those types of kids. Some have been very helpful. I basically have to decide why he's crying and act accordingly. If he's crying because I asked him to leave the kitchen and he has no reason for wanted to stay then I have him go cry it out in his bedroom then go talk to him when he's calm and can explain himself. If I'm rushing him to much, or I can't understand him and he gets frustrated and feels like he's not being listened to he'll also have a meltdown. Then I have to basically force hug him until he's calm. I find he tends to be more hungry than other kids and feeding him grazing style has helped a lot. Also fish oil supplements help because boys need a lot of fats for their brains. Children like that just feel everything much more intensely. It tends to make them very sweet and understanding, but also feel all negative emotions way harder as well. It's an ongoing battle but having a solid way of responding and always making sure I was taking time to really figure out why he was crying has helped so much this past couple of years. It's so hard and so time consuming. I do not envy you the journey.
  • Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 I get a lot of my parenting techniques from the Janet Lansbury books/podcast.
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 Thank you for your response! I wish I could give you a hug IRL, lol. I am also uber competitive (former HS/College runner) so it is hard to not compare him with other kids!