November 2018 Moms
Options

Father's Day suggestions

Hello ladies, 

This Sunday will be my DH's first Father's Day as a father, so I would like to do a little something special to celebrate. I have a few ideas, but I'm curious to know what you are all doing for your SO....if you are doing something! Do you do a celebration, give him gifts...?

I thought we might share our ideas and so give new ones to each other :smile:
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Father's Day suggestions

• Options
    i will try to write out a long card that reminisces on special memories of him and dd from this past year, and tell him that he’s an awesome father. i may attempt to frame a recent photo of dd1 and him for his desk at work.

we weren’t pregnant during father’s day before, but for his bday when i was pregnant with dd1, i got him a copy of the baby owner’s manual by borgenicht and borgenicht which he really enjoyed and appreciated.
  • Options
    I am not sure if you’re an FTM or not so this may not apply to you, but for Mother’s Day this year H and I decided that even though I’m a mom to be, my “first” Mother’s Day would be next year. We thought it would be a lot more special if the baby was able to celebrate with us too :) he still got me a card and coffee, and was great all day, which I’ll do for him as well, but no big gift or anything - saving that for next year :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We didn't do anything for Mother's/Father's Day when I was pregnant the first time around.  Also, I have two stepkids so DH had already been a father for several years already :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think I'm just going to get him a card this year and write something sappy in it.. He'll probably cry. Plus his birthday's in July and I don't even know what to get him for that lol. 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland what a great idea! 

DH is easy. He always tells me what he wants, and it’s usually golf stuff. He’s actually playing in a golf tournament Sunday so I guess that’s his celebration. 

My dad is the one impossible to shop for!!! Anyone got good ideas for grandpa? 

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 This isn't anything special in regards to first time dads, but I picked out a few "man gifts" for my FIL which could count as grandpa gifts? I'm going to give him some giant whiskey ball/cube molds, bourbon-infused coffee, and just for fun, a specialty bar of soap called "Everyday Gentleman." I literally had no idea what to get him, so I figured these would do!
  • Options
    @offtoneverland I made my husband desserts every year for his birthday when we were broke in grad school. His favorite was cherry cheesecake pie. He still talks about it, lol. 
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14
    BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
    BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

• Options
    @offtoneverland : oooh...slutty brownies look so yummy.

I will wait to try them, I don't think I'll be able to resist if DH eats them in front of me. GD is a b*tch!

Thank you ladies for your input!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EvilRaccoon Oh no! Maybe you can try them after you have the baby. :) 
    @josie12367 Let us know if you end up going to a brewery! That sounds like a ton of fun. 
    @lifesabeach85 I pretty much always get my dad a Starbucks gift card. What about a gift card to a movie theater? It can feel less personal to do gift cards, but sometimes that's all that really works! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3