TTC after 35

TTCA35 Week of June 11, 2018

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Waiting for ERA results ~ FET cycle starting in a week or so

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):
CD 3 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): 
ERA biopsy, PNV, probiotic, 

Rants/Raves: 
This AF is the worst, but probably the most normal since starting IVF. Hoping it's over soon! DH is out of town for a week...so bright side...I can get the house back in order :) 

GTKY: Where do you plan to go on for a Baby moon when you the time comes? 
We've been looking into Hawaii, but also researching to see the islands that are now Zika free. Nothing else....these ideas keep my mind occupied <3
TTC #1 since April 2015
June 2016 - CP
2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
ERA Cycle May / June 2018
ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
EDD March 28, 2019
Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

Re: TTCA35 Week of June 11, 2018

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW pretty sure I’m just waiting for AF.  Temp drop this morning 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 29 DPO either 12 or 15 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Pre natals dhea and coq10 

Rants/Raves: I had so many symptoms this month I just knew I was KU but not I’m pretty sure AF will be here within the day

GTKY: Where do you plan to go on for a Baby moon when you the time comes? We probably will not take one.  We went to Chicago when I was pregnant with DS 
  • @Mack2342 FX you're wrong and AF isn't coming! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Loading the player...
  • sejicasejica member
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): finally back to WTO again! Though I'm a huge ball of emotions since af returned sat. Yea, for af, boo for out of control hormone fueled emotions.

CD 3 

PNV, when I remember
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • sejicasejica member
    @kristimh80 , tb deleted half my post! I said we are twins, on CD and on DH being out of town this week. Mine is fishing in Canada, I assume yours is away on work?

As to baby moon, we currently have a family vaca planned for Feb to Aruba, so I suppose if I'm ku, but not from this cycle, and zika is under control, we'll probably just count that. If I do manage to get ku this cycle, then I would have to cancel the second family vaca in a row, as last time we tried to go to fl, but it ended up being the week before my due date.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @sejica Ugh...it did that to me as well the other day when trying to comment from my phone! Yay CD buddies!! My CD is worthless since on birth control right now. Yes, DH is away for work in ATL, then work conference in San Diego. I'm kind of excited just for the fact of having my house to myself! My mom just left after being here for 2 weeks...so it felt like chaos city lol Aruba sounds like fun! My gf's parents have a house there, so we are hoping to visit there eventually! If my body could get it's act together and no Zika. I did read that a lot of the Caribbean has been cleared :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited June 2018
    Hi everyone, I’m new to the Bump & looking for a group of moms closer to my age. (Sorry for all the bold text, I can’t edit it.)

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW—we’ve just embarked on this very purposeful mission of TTC. 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): Not sure, just learning and beginning to chart. 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): I thought I wasn’t doing much but actually I’ve always been on Rainbow Light prenatal & other iron & adrenal support vitamins. Just stocked up on OPKs, ordered the cheapie pregnancy test strips on amazon yesterday, bought a basal thermometer today—truly just starting on the journey. 

Rants/Raves: My husband is the worst when we grocery shop! This morning he didn’t help with food or with watching the toddler run rampant through the store. But my rave is that I finally have a husband after being single until 38 years old. So, I’m grateful, even if annoyed, lol. 

GTKY: Where do you plan to go on for a Baby moon when you the time comes? We just got married last year. Hoping the delayed honeymoon will also be a baby moon to Italy in September. 
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW

CD 26 

PNV; I'd sorta/kinda tried OPKs but got negatives that didn't match up with my EWCM (next time I'll test 2x/day), so then (belatedly) began temp tracking, but not soon enough to confirm if I did/did not actually ovulate. 

Rants/Raves:
    Preparing for a two-week writing workshop that I'll leave for on June 17. Means I'll likely miss a cycle for TTC, though there's a chance hubby might be able to drive up over the weekend of 23-24 which *might* be part of my fertile period, but I dunno.

If we have one, it'll likely be a short weekend thing--maybe in the mountains if the weather's good--as we're buying a new house and money needs to go toward the down payment.
  • @keikilove @amandahwrites @Mack2342 good luck with the TWW!!  @amandahwrites what BBT thermometer did you get? I have a CVS one that works great and a fancy Japanese one from Amazon that i am starting to doubt...

@kristimh80 exciting  - when do you find out the exact timing of the FET?

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW, no symptoms, wonky cycle (hopefully due to meds from last month), so I'm pretty sure I'm out. I'm expecting it to be a longish cycle. On CD 25 today (my cycles are usually around 26 but I bet this one will be 30+).

CD 25

Temping and taking SmartyPants prenatal plus some extra vitamin D and occasional baby aspirin (when I remember)

Rants/Raves:
    Work is busy right now, but I have this Friday off. I've also booked a week off in July and can't wait...

A weekend on a lake would be nice, but I'm a bit superstitious about even thinking about this before getting pregnant / making it to 20ish weeks! Nice to read everyone's ideas, though!

• I got a 2nd BFN yesterday at CD28.  Temp dropped but still above coverline.  Pretty sure AF will arrive in day or so.  DH and I have decided to continue trying on our own for a few months before hanging up the towel 
  • @marijaa333 It's a fancy Japanese one from Amazon. :) I got it because it has a backlight, and I'm an early riser and my husband is not. It's seemed OK so far. Hope your cycle wonkiness de-wonks!

@Mack2342 Sorry. :(

I had a temp drop this morning, plus some super light spotting yesterday afternoon and again this a.m., so I'm likely out. Oh well. I guess this means my husband and I can use the wine tasting Groupon I bought a while back. 
  • @marijaa333 Hi there! I am still waiting on my ERA biopsy results, as soon as they are back I can stop birth control and have a plan. Typically, my clinic does a 21 day cycle of meds. You upcoming time off sounds fun! Are you going anywhere in July for your week off?

@Mack2342 @amandahwrites Sorry about your temp drops this week! Wine tasting sounds like fun!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• I’m def out.  AF arrived this afternoon 
  • @amandahwrites Thanks! I hope my cycle de-wonks too! Your thermometer must be a fancier Japanese one, mine doesn't have a back light. Hopefully that means it's more accurate too. @kristimh80 oooh, the suspense with your results! keep us posted. Yes, we are going to Canada in July, renting a condo on a lake... I can't wait.  @Mack2342 I got a BFN this morning, CD 26, so I'm just waiting to join you...  I'm supposed to have my labs on CD3 of next cycle, but if I don't get a temp drop and period by Saturday, I'll have to wait until next cycle because I am traveling on Monday for 12 days for work.... Man, this stuff is complicated. :)
  • @marijaa333 sorry for the BFN.  I hate how we have to plan everything around TTC or put off TTC have a life.  Annoying! Maybe it’s just too early for you! 
  • @Mack2342 and @amandahwrites sorry for your updates but here’s to the next try! Sounds like you have a plan though which will be good, at least thinking through next steps always helps me cope with each next cycle. This really does take over our lives! I dream of a year I can relax and not have the ttc struggle on my mind!

@marijaa333 I’m sorry for your BFN, it’s never easy. I know sometimes people get later positives though, so you never know quite yet. This IF is a roller coaster.

Ok you’re cracking me up with your “fancy” Japanese OPKs! With a backlight? You all or just too cool for school! B)

@PoeMasque @keikilove just saying hi and how’s it going getting more into (or @PoeMasque, back into) this?
  • I agree! Some days I'm over TTC at times too because it makes me bitter because I can't do things because of appointments, etc. My friends don't get that I can't travel to a wedding in Mexico due to Zika because I'd have to put everything on hold for months if I went. Praying the craziness is over soon!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• GL to all of you going thru treatments - I can't imagine how that would take over your life but will hopefully be worth it and all the agony that goes with it :)

I've been doing a lot better.  I've had a slight increase on my zoloft and started to slowly cut out the ativan.  Feeling more myself lately and therapy has been great.  I've talked to my therapist that i just really want to enjoy my life right now.  DH and I have talked and while we are preventing right now at some point I see us just having sex and not preventing.  I'm about to start AF in the next day or 2 and last night I told DH he could leave it in cause I know there's not an egg in there so we are only doing pull out when I'm unsure  and not pull out at the very beginning and very ending of a cycle. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @vlagrl29 yeah! that sounds like great progress! @Momifbysea yes, these are very cool temping gadgets
    :D:D
  • @marijaa333 @Momifbysea The major problem with my thermometer is that the backlight means it has a gigantic bulb and is kinda heavy. Luckily if I lay on my side I can help prop it up with my pillow. Almost fell back asleep like that this morning; the beep from it finishing woke me up again. :) 

But it can also keep up to 100 measurements in its memory, plus time taken and all that, which I like because I don't feel obligated to log everything before I forget. Next best would be one of those super expensive ones that logs directly to its associated app, but, expensive, and I like the app I'm already using.

AF arrived yesterday, so I'm definitely out. It's weird because I temp tracked prior to going on BC (due to some period weirdness where I didn't get one for several months when I knew I couldn't be PG, which sent me on a Learn WTF Goes On With My Body journey) and my period always started day of the temp drop, not day after. Maybe I'm not wholly back to my normal after BC. *shrug*  

GL to all going through treatments and who are still in the TWW!
  • PoeMasquePoeMasque member
    edited June 2018
    Eep, I started a post here about 3 times and kept getting interrupted, but honestly not much to post about since I am still waiting for AF to return. I thought for sure it was coming two weeks ago due to super obvious O pain prior, but still nothing. I am going to get some OPKs from amazon just to keep from going bonkers until AF returns 

We have a lot of hot springs in Oregon, I would love to do a babymoon at one of those. There are a few where you can rent a smal cabin with your own private “hot tub” of spring water. (Sorry, I should clarify that most of the hot springs here have cooler options, so it’s more of a really nice warm bath vs hot tub)
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque Same here girl! Waiting for AF to show up. They just had me quit BCP's, so waiting for her to come for the 2nd time.  :# Are you planning on transferring again or doing the natural route this month? Your hot springs sounds fun! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• vlagrl29 said:
    GL to all of you going thru treatments - I can't imagine how that would take over your life but will hopefully be worth it and all the agony that goes with it :)

I've been doing a lot better.  I've had a slight increase on my zoloft and started to slowly cut out the ativan.  Feeling more myself lately and therapy has been great.  I've talked to my therapist that i just really want to enjoy my life right now.  DH and I have talked and while we are preventing right now at some point I see us just having sex and not preventing.  I'm about to start AF in the next day or 2 and last night I told DH he could leave it in cause I know there's not an egg in there so we are only doing pull out when I'm unsure  and not pull out at the very beginning and very ending of a cycle. 
    Glad you are doing better.
  • @kristimh80 we have decided not to go the IVF route again (plus we had no embryos to freeze after our first cycle), so we will be trying for a spontaneous pregnancy until I’m no longer breastfeeding and will do clomid or femara after that. 

I’m pretty sure AF will be here tomorrow though! I’ve had spotting and cramps this evening. Put in my order for OPKs on amazon today! Haha

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque That makes sense! Hopefully, you'll be one of those that gets pregnant while still doing the baby stuff! I saw your spoiler, so why I asked. We only have 1 embryo left, so if it works...I will probably be in the same boat as you!! :blush: I found after IVF craziness, on off cycles...OPK's were actually fun to do again! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• keikilovekeikilove member
    edited June 2018
    Hey ladies, I’m still in the TWW & AF is late but tests are negative. Is there a more appropriate group for me to check out wth is going on? I’m new to the app & still figuring out how the different groups, threads, etc, work. 
  • Never mind. I found the thread titled “You’re Not Pregnant. Calm Down” in the Trying To Get Pregnant group. Somewhat funny. No answers. And then AF arrived, a few days late. I’m never late, always annoyingly early. 
  • pegs007pegs007 member
    edited June 2018
    Hello Lovely Ladies,
    Gl to y’all on your TTC journey! I have been MIA lately owing to some travel and visiting family around. Truly a much needed break :).  

I was prepping myself for an IUI this month but we had to reschedule it as DH wasn’t ready. Nonetheless,  we did our ultrasound on CD 9 and RE told us if IUI would have happened this cycle, he would have done it on CD 12.However, my OPK showed me ovulating on CD11. I am confused as, there seems a conflict bw prediction of ovulation day by OPK and doctors analysis.

I am wondering why is that and how can I avoid such a dilemma in my next cycle.

Any advice/insight will be appreciated!

• @pegs007  I have done several rounds of IUI.  I had US typically on CD 10.  I would not solely base of +OPK.  If you are using a trigger shot that will cause OPK to turn positive and will stay positive for several days afterwards.   I would temp after you O you should get a temp increase.  My first 2 IUI cycles I just took RE word that it all lined up but then I got curious and started taking OPKs and temping.  I had one cycle that I didn’t O at all despite a trigger that is supposed to make you O.  Then following my last MC I had 2 cycles where I was fairly confident that I O prior to IUI these were all confirmed by temps.  So if you have doubts temp as that’s the only way to confirm O without having medical tests 
  • @kristimh80 I’m actually excited for OPKs again....I couldn’t figure out why, but I think it’s just liberating to have my body back to “normal” again and actually know when my period is coming. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mack2342  I did think about temping but temp increase happens after O.I am just nervous to know my exact ovulation date for the next cycle. Hope the body is aligned as per RE's analysis. Maybe I am overthinking...
  • @pegs007 I get it I was overthinking it too that’s why I added temping in so I knew if it all lined up.   I did IUIs for a little over a year.  I started in March 2017 and had one cycle that I didn’t actually O all the rest lined up with what RE said.  I got pregnant in November 2017 and has MC in December.   We did a few cycles after that which they didn’t line up but that’s bc my body was just off after MC.  I thought about waiting a few months after but decided not too in hopes that science would just make my body do its thing.  My point it I think it will all work out for you. If you temp you will at least be able to confirm when O happened so that if it not lining up you can talk with dr about it 
  • Mack2342 - I agree with you, if I do at least I can talk it out with my RE. I will definitely get on it, thanks for directing me in the right way :), lot of baby dust to you!
  • @pegs007 Just a heads up, if you have PCO / PCOS, tempting will be all over the place and won't help. But if not, its worth trying :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019