January 2019 Moms

Pregnancy brain - it's real and it's here

galactickatesgalactickates member
edited June 2018 in January 2019 Moms
Share those moments here:

Re: Pregnancy brain - it's real and it's here

• I forgotten to shut the garage door twice in the last week. DH has come home from work and asked, "why is the garage door open?"  ummmm....
  • Loading the player...
  • I keep forgetting to turn our oven off.... I told H it's now his job to double check.  
  • @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt - you need the garage door opener we have. You can close the garage doors from your cell phone and get alerts if the doors have been open more then a certain time or just check to see if they are open.  It's awesome. 
  • The day before I found out I was pregnant I totally blanked on doing a simple task I do on the same day every month for the last 5 years. It caused quite the incident with a bunch of tech support guys to fix it the next day. Once I got the positive test I decided I blame pregnancy brain!
  • I told my friend I would pick her up for dinner, but instead went straight to the restaurant. Then after I realized and called her, she said her husband would drop her off. Well, I told them the wrong restaurant! After we finally worked it out and were able to meet up, she walked in and said, "sounds like you have pregnancy brain." She didn't know I was pregnant, so it was fun telling her after that. 

Other than that, I've had so many instances. I firmly believe pregnancy brain is real. 
  • Yesss. I went to the grocery store yesterday.. put my groceries in the truck and specifically put my phone down on top of the waters so I wouldn’t forget to grab it. Forgot to grab it.. got home.. freaked out.. back to the grocery store.. back home still freaking and then I finally remembered. Went out to the car, yup, still right there on the waters. 
  • Hubby and I were making plans to accommodate my work day, an appointment with the midwife, and his own plans for the day. Apparently (so he says) I'd told him that I would work from home. The next time we talked about it, I was all, "Oh, I'll just walk to the appointment from my office." And he mentioned the extreme heat for the day (40 Celsius), and I said, "Oh, I can't take my inhaler, so I can't walk there. I'll need you to pick me up."
    He stared at me for a long time and said, "Or... Like you originally said, you could work from home and we'll just go together..."

Haha. Whatever. He says I'm clueless; I say it's pregnancy brain.
  • I’ve been sending text messages to the wrong people. I haven’t text anything embarrassing or horrible...yet...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I left for a doctor's appointment today without my purse and on less than a quarter tank of gas. No purse = no money. No money = no gas. I didn't realize it until I got to the doctor's office, which is a solid 45 minutes away from my house. I coasted back into town on fumes. 
  • I was typing in our address for a delivery and forgot our zip code. I legit had to google our address. I would feel worse about it but DH forgot it a few weeks ago when we were at the gas station and needed to type it in. Maybe we are both just dumb. 
  • I was looking for my sunglasses when it was on my head the entire time...got out of the house ten minutes later than planned. And so it starts.
  • Made DS a PB&J....forgot the jelly. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • We just showed up 2 hours early for my daughter's baseball game, totally my fault
  • I couldn’t write a sentence Monday. Like couldn’t finish the letters in each word. The brain is strong!
  • I helped my dad order something. Put his street address and my city/zip!
  • I commented about my boobs on a post about crawling.  In my defense, it was kind of my phones fault for jumping around, but it took it being pointed out to me and not other comments on the post for me to figure it out.
  • I tried to fill my water bottle without taking the lid off first. It sprayed all over & I Soaked myself! 
  • I usually have to write notes or set reminders so I don't forget... now that I'm pregnant, I forget to even write notes or set reminders. Forgot my overnight bag on a work trip. Had to go to Target and buy enough clothes and essentials to get by for a few days! Sent email to wrong people, forgot to bring stuff with me when I've laid it on top of my purse, forgot how to use the self scan checkout, left my room key in the hotel room immediately after checking in, added two tips on a catering receipt, can't complete my sentences when speaking... pregnancy brain is real!
  • I forgot what sound a goat made when I was singing DD old McDonald. In case you’re wondering, goats now go ‘neigh’.
    I couldn't think of any farm animals, so farms now have monkeys and lions. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• KLS123KLS123 member
    completely finished my weekly report at work, wrote up and attached it to the email then forgot to press send. It sat in my outbox for 6 hours. Showed up to the meeting to review with the executive team only to find out I was the only one who had the report because it never got send out....whoopsies
  • Called a coworker I've known for 4 years who has the same name as my husband the wrong name in an email. Spelled jello like jellow. Forgot our address when mailing my dad a father's day package. I used to be able to host a meeting at work with no prep and just improvise my way through it but now I have no direction and use the wrong words the whole time if I don't do serious prep. Sometimes when my husband talks to me now I just close my eyes because I don't have the brain power to listen to him and process what he is saying.
  • kns1988 said:
    I forgot what sound a goat made when I was singing DD old McDonald. In case you’re wondering, goats now go ‘neigh’.
    I couldn't think of any farm animals, so farms now have monkeys and lions. 
    Today my farm had fish and parrots. This would be easier if I could just stop singing old McDonald but DD demands it (by coming up to me and going ‘e-i-e-i-e-i’).
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• I turned the heater on my seat in my car this afternoon instead of the vent. It was 90* and took me almost ten minutes before I realized why i was still so hot. 
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • I was backing out of the garage yesterday and side swiped my husbands truck that was parked in the driveway in front of his side of the garage. And 3 weeks ago side swiped a post in a parking garage- of course on opposite sides of my car... I’m really usually a very good driver. If I keep this up the repair bill alone is going to be super expensive!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Gave my 4 year old clothes to dress himself for sunday school. Found out when we were 2 minutes away he had no underwear on. FANTASTIC.

i asked why he did not put his undies on and he said, “because mommy you did not get them out for me”.

cooool.
  • I'm a team leader in a technical field. Today I couldn't figure out why my USB drive wouldn't work.... Turns out, it was an adapter for a wireless mouse.
    #shame
  • Drove all the way to work today (half hour) and got a call from my wife, asking me to look in my bag to see if I took her car keys. Yep, I did.  She doesn't have a spare so I had to drive home to give them to her. Happy Monday!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @galactickates ahahah yesterday I spoke the answer to a text message to my sister...to my boss.  Much confusion! Hang in there, lady!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• I put one of my earrings on backwards. It was several hours before I notice one ear was just displaying the earring back instead of the flower I had picked out. 
  • I’ve been sending text messages to the wrong people. I haven’t text anything embarrassing or horrible...yet...
    I’m super paranoid that I’m going to do this! I’ve been triple checking anything racy or potentially embarrassing to my husband to make sure it’s actually going to him and only him!
  • Today I tried to say “whimsical” and it came out “whizmacall”
  • Today I tried to say “whimsical” and it came out “whizmacall”
    I've been mixing up words and syllables a lot today. Didn't even think to blame pregnancy brain.