November 2018 Moms

Re: FFFC

• Work is killing me today . The majority of our store got a less than stellar inspection so upper management is on a rampage threatening to fire everyone. I believe in being proactive instead of reactive so it’s irking me bad today. 
    nws
  • Loading the player...
  • @offtoneverland I actually don't get why people need to video chat for every call in general. Like why do you need to see someone everytime you talk. The only time DH and I use video chat is when he is at work on nights, on his break so he can say goodnight to DS otherwise we just text or call regular. 
    Can anyone tell me why you need to videochat all the time?? (On another note, hearing someones conversation out loud video or not is annoying. Especially at a small restaurant.)

• @blue2mango we FaceTime almost every call with each set of grandparents if the kids are with us. It has helped them bond so much even though we live far away. The kids have always gone right to their grandparents even if it has been several months between visits and I attribute that to how much we FaceTime. But if the kids aren’t around, we just talk on the phone. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I completely forgot my dog at the groomer today  :# I dropped her off this morning then rushed right to a meeting at work. The groomer called me around 11am to say she was done so in my head I was going to leave work early and get her. Instead, work got crazy and I ended up staying until almost 5pm. Then I drove home like normal and was about 2 blocks from my house when the groomer called again. Whoops! Luckily the lady didn’t seem mad but I gave her an extra big tip since my pup was obviously the only one left by the time I turned around and got her. Now I feel bad that she was stuck in a cage all day so she’s getting extra love
  • @charliesmommy6 - at least you were able to pick her up today and you made up for it with the extra tip & extra love. 

@offtoneverland - thankfully I haven't seen that happen before. I would probably do the same as you or actually say something cause depending on my mood, sometimes I can't hold it in. 

My FFFC for today is combined a little bit with a rant.... I mentioned before a couple times that I work for the City & County in an office, mostly true but I'm actually a police officer. I couldn't say it before because I was occasionally used for under cover work and couldn't say PO. 
    Now that I'm pregnant and have gestational diabetes, not only am I getting transferred to a "safer" division but I'm getting put on light duty. My Dr's note says I shouldn't be driving or shooting a gun in case I get low blood sugar. I understand why shes did it but I'm kind of hating the doctor right now. I'm feeling like a failure for having issues during my first pregnancy. I have scaled back at home and DH is picking up slack there and now I gotta scale back at work too. Right now I'm just frustrated and just feeling down.

• @blue2mango My husband and I video chat whenever we get the chance, since he's deployed. Sometimes that happens while I'm out and about and trying to wrangle our son. Haha. I don't care. I'm still going to answer his call. 

@charliesmommy6 Oh, no! I'm glad she's getting extra snuggles this evening!  :D It's so easy to get wrapped up in the craziness of the day, though.
  • @wannaflickone That makes perfect sense. We do video chats so DD can see her grandparents too, since we don't live near them. I always find it odd to see adults just casually video chatting with their friends or SOs while walking around Target or something though.
    @kamahina9 Oh no! That must be so hard on you coming from your line of work. I'm sorry that your doctor's note said all of that stuff and that she wants you to be so careful. I guess it's for the best, but it must be really disheartening for you. You are not a failure though. You didn't choose to have these issues, and nothing you did caused them. It's completely random, so please try not to blame yourself for it. Are your coworkers and YH supportive of the changes you've had to make? 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland - my DH has been wonderful and has even changed his work schedule to help me through the pregnancy. He used to work the night shift (230pm-11pm) but switched to days (630am-3pm) which I know is hard for him since he is not a morning person and now he has to drive through traffic. My coworkers are being supportive but it still feels like I'm not pulling my weight. I'm sure tomorrow will look better it's just really tough today when all the news hit at once. 

• @offtoneverland - thank you very much for the support!! It really does help to hear that it's not my fault and it just happens.

• @kamahina9 I know it’s hard not to feel guilty but remember you’re doing some really hard work right now in carrying a baby- and it won’t last forever that you will be on “lighter” duty. If it was your husband in this position, you would be supportive and I’m sure he understands. 
  • @kamahina9 I know it’s sucks right now but try to remember that it’s only temporary and in the scheme of things it’s only a short time! Growing a baby is not an easy job either and GB is definitely not your fault. 
  • @kamahina9 first of all, you’re a hero so don’t forget that. Second, pregnancy is no joke! Lots of us will have to scale back at work and home at some point during the pregnancy and postpartum period, it’s really nothing to be ashamed of. I’m sure your coworkers and husband will be happy to help make sure you have the best pregnancy possible. 

• Thank you so much everyone for the support and encouragement! It helps to remember what you are all saying and to keep a bigger perspective. 

• @pink_polkadots I can very clearly hear the sound Lucy is making in that gif  :D