Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Friday 6/8

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What book or book series shaped (or stands out from) your childhood?

Re: WTO Friday 6/8

• Options

Happy Friday ladies!

Month/Cycle: 14/15

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 
    sex

R/R: 
    It’s annual review time at work. Last month my supervisor sent out a mass email to everyone saying he didn’t need to meet in person this year unless you wanted to. I put off responding because I figured I should have an in person meeting since this is the end of my first year here anyways but wasn’t completely sure what I wanted to do. Well, yesterday my supervisor sent me an email saying he wanted to meet to “discuss plans.” This had me all nervous! I tried to talk to MH about it but he made it worse! He’s like “You better not be getting fired!” Of course he was joking but it still didn’t help. I just got back from my meeting with my supervisor and it went so well! He’s very impressed with how far I’ve come. He expressed not wanted to spread me too thin my first year (that’s why he’s been against me cross training). But now he wants me to start training on 2 other tools/processes which will make me super desirable in the future. One of the tools has associated conferences every year all over the world. This year it was in Puerto Rico (a co-worker just got back from the conference and an extended stay there for vacation) and a couple years ago it was in Hawaii. I’m so excited for this! I think my supervisor also knew that I’ve been bored lately and he made the comment, not in an accusatory way, “If I have an employee who is bored then I’m not doing my job correctly.” That was really nice to hear.

CS/Q: 
    nope

GTKY: What book or book series shaped (or stands out from) your childhood?
    Of course this would be HP. I think the first book came out when I was in 5th or 4th grade. Another book that definitely shaped me was the Da Vinci Code. At the time I read it (I think in high school) I was struggling with religion and whether or not I believe. I don’t want to get into a religious debate (or say something that might offend anyone) so I won’t say any more. But that book definitely influenced me.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD: 35

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, PCOS diet, supplements

R/R: I have a call in to both my RE and OB about getting my provera prescription and neither is responding.  It's so annoying!

CS/Q: Ok I had a lot of watery CM yesterday (more than I have all cycle) and a positive OPK last night and this morning.  I had a temp drop yesterday and it was up again today.  I can't remember....I know the OPKs typically detect the surge before O, but can you get a positive the same day you O or could it still show up the day after if you had a quick surge?  

GTKY: What book or book series shaped (or stands out from) your childhood? Babysitters Club!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 Yay for the meeting with your manager going so well!  It's always a huge relief to get such a good review.  Enjoy the cross training and I hope it brings about some really amazing opportunities for you!

@sparklingdiamond O can happen anywhere from 12-48 hours after a +OPK.  I've O'd the same day as a positive in the past and typically if you have multiple days of positives, FF usually will mark the 2nd day as O day.  

Month/Cycle: 24 months

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: trying on our own until IUI in July

R/R: I decided to take a half day today to spend the afternoon with DH on his day off!  I'm going to try to convince him that we should go out to lunch and maybe find somewhere we can take our dog!  Otherwise, FW is starting sometime in the next few days so I will commence operation HIO!

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What book or book series shaped (or stands out from) your childhood? The books that stand out most from my childhood (because it's too difficult to choose one) is Where the Red Fern Grows and The Outsiders.  I redd the former when I was in 5th grade and don't remember when I read the latter...it was either 5th or 7th grade.  

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 I always hate review time. Sounds like yours went amazingly, congratulations!!!

Month/Cycle: 1/1 this time around(a year all around)

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: The usual 

R/R: Rave: DH and I had a nice evening out last night, we went to see Deadpool and then a small dinner and drinks after. I love dessert martinis, but I feel a bit foggy today from them. 

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What book or book series shaped (or stands out from) your childhood? I didn’t read a whole as a child. And what I did read wasn’t exactly life influencing. I read most RL Stine books and boxcar kids. Some babysitters club.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @LJMoon6 That is awesome!  Congrats on that awesome review and new tasks/travel!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Pnv, b-complex vitamin, bbt, cm, opks

R/R: Rave: Birthday weekend!  We booked a weekend at our timeshare on the lake and are going out with friends tomorrow and family Sunday.  Rant: 33... 15 years ago I would have thought that was ancient.

CS/Q: not yet

GTKY: What book or book series shaped (or stands out from) your childhood? Of course Harry Potter.  Also, The Giver.  I also remember Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle as being a favorite!
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat oh my gosh I didn’t realize that Deadpool was already out... how was it?  As good as the first?
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 So glad your review went well!

@lulu1180 Thanks!  Since my temp was back up today, I thought maybe yesterday was O day but got a definite postiive OPK this morning, so maybe not.

• Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 I responded but I guess my post disappeared.  I'm butting in, but we saw Deadpool a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was better than the first!
  • Options
    navetenavete member
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: the usual 

R/R: There is nothing scheduled for this weekend and I’m so looking forward to the unstructured time.

CS/Q: I don’t have much faith in my temp readings. This morning I took two readings back to back and they differred by .08 of a degree. I’m thinking of ordering a different thermometer for next cycle, in case it’s a faulty device. Anyone have a thermometer (with backlight) to recommend?

GTKY: What book or book series shaped (or stands out from) your childhood? I don’t know why I asked this question, it’s a tough one. Several stand out: Are You There God, It’s Me Margaret; Bridge to Terabithia; Ramona Quimby series, Pipi Longstocking, Chronicles of Narnia, most of the Roald Dahl kid’s books, Sweet Valley High series... :lol:

@auburnvelvet86 (tagging here so I don’t bump yesterday’s thread) Thanks for the suggestion for ClearBlue digital OPKs! I’ll use those in conjunction with the Wondfos this cycle to identify my ovulation pattern, then switch to a less costly method once I’ve got a better hang of things.

@LJMoon6 Congratulations on your review; what a way to start the weekend!

@sparklingdiamond Were you eventually able to get a hold of either the RE or OB? 

@lulu1180 Have a fun afternoon with YH! 

@kindbytealicat I loved R.L. Stine and Boxcar Kids. Lots of bored summer hours were passed reading those.

@quidditchcapn1120 Enjoy your birthday weekend!! 33 is a fun age!

• Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 like @sparklingdiamond said I think 2 is better than one. The story was better and the humor/serious was balanced really well.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @LJMoon6 yay for a positive review!

@lulu1180 yay for FW and HIO!

@quidditchcapn1120 happy birthday!

@kindbytealikat I read the boxcar children books all the time as a kid.

@navete I always thought that Romna Quimby was so cool.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, cm, OPKs, green tea, hopefully start BD EOD starting today

R/R: What. A. Week. Not only was it physically exhausting, it was mentally and emotionally exhausting too. Basically, it's this time of the month right before FW that I get the most emotional because I'm gearing up for the most important couple days of my cycle and it's exciting but stressful. On the bright side, I found out that H's business trip got pushed back one week so if my cycle is normal this month H will be around for FW!

CS/Q: I'm worried that I'm not using the Wondfo OPKs correctly because I haven't seen any changes in the lines in the few days I've used them. I think I'm expecting there to be a noticable difference in the test line every time I use one. I'm probably using them too early and psyching myself out.

GTKY: What book or book series shaped (or stands out from) your childhood? Little House on the Prairie and the Chronicles of Narnia. My mom read those series to me at least twice each while I was growing up. 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPK, crossing all of my fingers and toes

R/R: Frustrated at my temp drop and arrival of AF today... I really had it in my mind that the last cycle was THE cycle... timing was perfect and my breasts were SO tender (my big sign when I was pregnant with DD)... just trying to shake it off and embrace a new cycle with new possibilities.

CS/Q: None right now.

GTKY: What book or book series shaped (or stands out from) your childhood? I strongly remember reading ALL of the Babysitters' Club book series... loved it when I was little!