July 2018 Moms

Weekend randoms 6/8-6/10

Re: Weekend randoms 6/8-6/10

• @hayhay93 I was terrified once I learned my induction with DD was going to be a c section. But I can also definitely say that a difficult first pregnancy or birth doesn't always mean the same for the second, or vice versa! Glad that your both doing well now and California has turned out to be a good decision  :)
  • @acunamatada that’s so disgusting! Sorry you gotta deal with that. I’m trying to imagine gremlin part though lol

I went to target last night while H put DS to sleep because hey i had tons of coupons about to expire and i need to get this hospital bag going. I was there almost two hours! It was nice not to rush. I saved about $85 bucks but unfortunately couldn’t find all i wanted so guess I’ll be ordering online. i woke up feeling some wetness on my sheets and looks like my boobs are leaking again. Hopefully today will be more relaxing with just a visit to the pool. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hayhay93 I'm glad your recovery is going well, and hope some of that scariness from the birth starts to fade soon! Congrats again!

I know you are all DYING to know (lol) if DH went to the baseball game, and I am happy to announce that his massively hungover ass actually hauled it out of here with BIL about 20 minutes ago. His own fault, they didn't serve beer he liked at the reunion so he did liquor, which I have banned from the house so he basically never has it, and then he came home and drank the beer he DOES like and was up til like 12:30-1:30 ish. I don't even know because I asked him so very nicely to stay on the couch and he complied without being an a-hole. I used pregnancy as an excuse.

Anyway, spending the day with DS playing outside in the lovely weather, getting my pea and cuke trellises up, planting some beets and trying to get some cleaning done. I'm anticipating a nap for DS in the future he was up so late.
  • Congrats again, @hayhay93! So glad your move was the best decision, River is just perfect! 

@SmashJam I'm honestly glad the money didn't go to waste:) and that he decided to go to the game.

We had a great day yesterday with one of our best friends. I made it to the gym, we got some baby stuff done, then our friend arrived and we hadnsome Mexican food. We took the "ferry" to Balboa Island -800 ft away from the Newport peninsula, lol. It was a beautiful but pretty hot day. We walked the whole little island and got lots of steps in! Ended the night with a movie (Hereditary - pretty terrifying) and late night pizza. 

He's off after breakfast and I plan to just relax and clean up our patio a bit. Not a bad weekend at all!
  • nimmlenimmle member
    We put together the stroller this morning...I got really emotional about it. My goodness. 
  • sm05-2sm05-2 member
    @hayhay93 glad you got to have your birthing experience in California among people you wanted. 

@SmashJam hooray for the baseball game!

yesterday I went to a friend’s bbq and we played lawn games and I played croquet for the first time. It was fun!

This afternoon we’re going to a friend’s birthday party, so we’re not getting a lot of baby stuff done, but hopefully we will tonight (at least get started on the thank you cards for the shower). First nice weekend we’ve had in a while—it’s been nice to enjoy it!
  • @hayhay93 I'm so sorry you had a hard delivery. I understand having an emergency c section. So many hugs to you. So glad you are all doing well though! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited June 2018
    I was gonna do all sorts of things today and I guess I planted the beets but really...half of them are still out there waiting for holes and the I just took a like, 1.5 hour long nap on the couch. It was pretty damn glorious though, not gonna lie. 

Also we went and splashed around outside earlier this morning before a nap and DS picked out his own clothes  to put on after the bathing suit..he got monster pj pants ("pajamies" as he calls them) and a red and white striped polo  shirt. He looks insane right now sleeping in his bed, lol. 

ETA: So we are doing a super small bday party this year, and its still 20 people (6 of which are one fam) but basically everyone forgot our word of mouth invitation for next weekend. DH's grandma just G-chatted me and said, "Oh, hope you'll be letting (other two family members) know as they weren't there at all to hear the invite!" They actually aren't invited, so I just chatted her back and said we didn't invite any extended family because we needed to keep it small this year. Hopefully she reads the chat before calling to tell them about the party, because I will either have to call them and say they can't come, or invite the rest of the uncles and aunts, and 20 people is really the cap on who we can afford to feed, lol. 
  • @hayhay93 emergency C sections are definitely scarey, but once you get healed up the bad memories will hopefully start to fade. I remember being pretty traumatized as well immediately after!

So this week I did maternity photos and had the "baby sprinkle", also I was slammed with work all week. Here's hoping things start to settle down so I can have a calm before the storm...

I just placed a big amazon order for the stuff I am still missing for the baby also. I need an ubbi pail and a gown that isn't awful for the hospital, and I still want a cute coming home outfit. After that though I am officially done throwing money around
  • @cseley321 I hope your sprinkle was fun! So satisfying to place a big order. I have all my PP stuff ready now!

Got a message from my OB through our app saying the GBS test came back negative, yay!
  • Also @acunamatada that ppop story is bizarre and gross! Sorry you have to deal with that!

@SmashJam I hope your party plan works out and you don't end up with too many people/people you don't like :)
  • @hayhay93 glad the move worked out! Congratulations on your delivery despite the challenges you had. It was all worth it! 

So im in this awkward position with my (now old) coworker who also went with me to the mommy and me session last weekend. Apparently she did a big no-no at work and it was unveiled this past Friday. It was going to lead to an investigation by HR but she resigned yesterday instead. So it’s almost like quietly admitting to it. Overall she’s a good person from what I’ve experienced but would it be awkward to still talk to her or hang out? She even asked if I heard of any job openings to let her know. I’ve only known her a few months through work so to me the friendship wasn’t fully established. And knowing what she did I would find it hard to even share job opportunities that may come up. 
  • @wildtot if you like her I feel like you should still hang out! And totally don't pass on any job references if you don't think she'd be suited, she'd never know that you had a lead and didn't tell her! Maybe as you get to know her better you'd figure out that this was a weird one time thing and you'd feel more comfy recommending her then!
  • @SmashJam true. I forgot one detail, she tried throwing H under the bus (and others in the office) but in reality H had approval from his boss (same as hers) so didn’t work in her favor. That doesn’t make me too happy about out. 
  • @wildtot yeah her trying to throw your h under the bus could make things awkward. I would say feel it out and give it space as you want. 

• @wildtot yeah that changes it, and I agree with @lindsayleigh1989, feel it out!
  • @SmashJam @lindsayleigh1989 yeah i think that’s the best way to approach it for now.
    In other news I got a minor sunburn on my thighs but we spent a good two hours at the pool and DS knocked out for nap right after. And H is trying to convince me to take a few more days off before my actual leave. I can probably do two more days by modifying my part time return but idk if my boss will go for it. 
  • @wildtot I agree, distancing a bit and feeling it out may be best. I'm sure throwing your husband under the bus was a feeble attempt to save herself, which of course doesn't make it right, but as a former manager I've seen it almost every time I have had to let someone go. 

• @Smashjam mmmm. Funny, I wait until DS is asleep before I have seconds or stuff my face in the corner of the kitchen while he is playing in the living room. And I wonder where he gets his sweet tooth from.

@wildtot I would distance myself too. Did you sign up for a series of classes? I would see how it shakes it at work. Maybe they had a file on her and whatever she did this last time was the one last error they needed to let her go? 
  • Oh man. I am so pissed guys. DH did NOT go to the game. He pretended like he did, and went to his office EIGHT MILES AWAY and drank beer and watched movies. For 8 hours. While I was with DS alone, for the second weekend in a row. He came home and I asked how it was, he said fun. I asked what they did he said drank beer and enjoyed the beautiful day. I asked about the poster giveaway and if he got it and he said what poster? So then I asked him if he went and he admitted he didn't. And he is pissed I am pissed. He does not understand why I am so mad about this. I won't even let him come to the bedroom he's on the couch for night #2.

This is why this sucks so bad for me. Yeah, he knew I would be pissed and it was a gift I was excited about, so that sucks. But also, after he left, I spent the entire day making up scenarios in my head about him not going and justifying it by saying that 10 years ago I got too drunk the night before a surprise he had that I didn't know was a 7am all you can eat crab cruise and I could not get out of bed. we got there too late...they left without us and he couldn't reschedule. And due to my anxiety issues and hormones it took me the entire day to convince myself I was crazy. BUT I WASNT. He proved my anxiety spiral absolutely correct. AND he brought up the crab cruise.  

AND he didn't go because he was hungover from last night. Him and his brother, who I saw last night and asked if DH had mentioned not going and he said no, he was super excited so he hoped he didn't cancel. His brother was up til like 2:30 drinking with MIL knowing they had to go to this game and they drank anyway intending to skip. It's just yet another example in my life of why booze absolutely just sucks. Why can't people just be effing normal? 

Sorry for the novel. I was trying to save it for BF but the internet seemed like the safest place to complain about it because its embarassing that my DH made the choice he did knowing how upset it would make me. 
  • @SmashJam wow i am so sorry! That’s such a dick move. Especially being a gift and having the chance to go and be kid free. The whole drinking part to intentionally miss the game is just ridiculous. So sorry alcohol is such a troubling thing in your family. I don’t blame you for his couch sleeping sentencing.
    Last year i spent money on plane tickets for H to see his family in Cali because it was going to be his nephews bday (and Father’s Day). I put it in my credit card too. He ended up not going because it would require him to take a day off or modify his work days (which i cleared with his boss at the time). But it worked out in a way because 2 weeks later I had to get surgery and needed to use his PTO. But eating the cost of it (non refundable tickets) really hurt and I still probably wouldn’t if minded him going and having to have some unpaid time later on. 
  • @SmashJam I would be livid!! That is so ridiculous! 

• @SmashJam wow I am so sorry you’re dealing with that. So much wrong with what he did! I totally hear you on the alcohol thing... I really don’t drink because my dad is an alcoholic and it’s in the family and for me it’s just not my thing. But it really sucks how much a substance can rule and effect a situation. I really hope he will come to his senses (after a hopefully uncomfortable night on the couch) and apologizes or owns up to it being wrong
  • @SmashJam I’m raging with you on that. After reading your post earlier I was like- what a win! He went to the game! I am so sorry because I know all the emotions you are feeling at this time. Men are such idiots! Why even lie about it! For goodness sake- esp since he knew you’d be upset. The couch is a small penalty IMO. But I’m all all or nothing person. I’m sending support and all positive internet friend vibes your way. 
  • @SmashJam obviously others have expressed how I feel too, I'm really sorry and it sucks he felt like he had to lie to you instead of honestly saying he wanted to drink beer and watch movies - isn't it ok to do that at home if that's what he wanted instead for Father's day? Ugh. Sending you hugs and hoping he comes around tomorrow after what I hope is a VERY uncomfortable night on the couch.

I'm POOPED. I reorganized a bunch of areas around the house, we hung up some frames that have been sitting around for a million years and created little baby/play area in the living room. I made "gingerade" for labor - I wanted to make it once before I get some more ready for when it's actually time. It was pretty good! Less honey and more ginger next time. Should be nice and refreshing to have over the week.

Also made some lactation bars (no "active" ingredients since I don't know about my supply yet) and I'm going to freeze some. Have a feeling they will be very sweet but I know they will be good when BFing and I can cut them in bite sizes for a quick energy boost. Can be refrigerated as well.

DH is making dinner. I want to supervise him so bad but it's only grilled chicken sandwiches...I feel like I need to let him to his thing since he will have to step up and get more done pretty soon!
  • @SmashJam I’m angry for you. Lying is seriously the worst offense in my book. I’ve been there with the dishonesty and usually it hurts way more than whatever the deceit is. I hope he comes around and realizes what a jerk he’s been. 

This week is going to be hell at work. I’m trying to mentally prepare myself. And I definitely do not feel rested from the weekend. I kind of feel like I was hit by a truck. And also like I consumed way too many delicious smoked ribs at family dinner last night. 
  • @SmashJam wait? He sat in his office? Did he just want beer to be cheaper and sit in air conditioning? A baseball game sounds like a lot more fun, so I don’t get. I don’t think I would be buying tickets to things anymore. Sorry you got hurt. 
  • sm05-2sm05-2 member
    @SmashJam I can’t believe he lied to you then had the gall to be angry afterward about it (you have every right to be angry—he lied, after all!). Sorry you’re going through this. 
  • And846And846 member
    @SmashJam oh man, I’m so sorry that happened this weekend. I think all the above comments echo my thoughts as well. May today bring you a new day to hopefully have some meaningful and productive dialogue with your DH around this issue. 
  • @SmashJam I’m sorry you’re dealing with that! That just flat out sucks and it sounds like he’s being a total ass about this situation. To lie to you about where he was for an entire day is just ridiculous. Again, I’m sorry and I hope he comes to his senses and apologizes soon. 
  • @SmashJam how are things this morning? 

• @SmashJam I’m late to the party and I think everyone covered it but I wanted to say I’m pissed for you. I don’t understand why he couldn’t just tell you, like you said it would have gone over better than lying about where he was an entire day AND not going. And to throw the crab thing in your face after a decade is a low, pathetic, irrelevant, blow. He made a choice to not go and made a choice to lie about it. Not cool. I hope things are better for you today, the coach wouldn’t have been enough if it was me!  

@kissableviv I read your first sentance as “I pooped!”  :D Glad you could get all that nesting in! I still have so much to do! 
  • @acunamatada that's funny because I considered using the word exhausted instead - I also kept reading it as "I pooped",  lol
  • SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited June 2018
    @lindsayleigh1989 he has not apologized or brought it up. He said bye to me this morning but that is all. I hope sobriety (as he was 100% not sober when he got home last night) makes him realize he was a dummy because I lack the ability to keep up ignoring him for much longer, lol. I just want him to say sorry for hurting me, and then I can talk to him again. It will still make me feel like I shouldn't ever buy him gifts because he doesn't care about them. 

@kissableviv the likelihood of me sanctioning a drunkfest day within the house where he had no parental responsibilities as a FATHERS DAY gift is VERY low. I hate when he gets drunk, so I would still hate it if he asked for it as a gift. Also, to make this even more ridiculous, I had a friend ask me if I could hang out this Sunday or next Sunday. When he said he might not go to the game originally, I was like, "could you just tell me one way or the other I could just schedule something with my friend this sunday instead of next." because I had been alone all LAST weekend too while he did projects and it would have been nice for me to have a break. He refused to commit and then lied so now his Father's Day gift is watching DS while I go brunching and book shopping. 

It also just really bugs me that he celebrates anything with being alone and not having us around. His birthday last year I had to get my wheel bearings fixed and got stranded at his moms. Instead of coming up and meeting us to cook out, which was the plans I had made already, he decided not to and was like, 9 beers deep when I got home at 8pm with a cranky toddler and $450 lower in the bank account. Like, can we not celebrate together? Does your celebration always have to be pretending you don't have a family?

In other news, I called the midwives and got my zoloft prescription renewed. Life is too hard. I hope the benefit of me not feeling like I should run away and never come back outweighs the risks of taking it in the third tri. Sigh.

• Very late to the convo, however, @SmashJam what a complete dipshit of your H! I hope he realizes his dumbfuckery and apologized profusely to you. Very selfish and inconsiderate of him. Ugh...want a group of pregos to come over there and give him hell???

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker