July 2018 Moms

Thursday Ticker change 6/7

1. How far are you? How big is baby?
2. New symptoms?
3. Rants/Raves?
4. Questions?
5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to this week or weekend? 

Re: Thursday Ticker change 6/7

• 1. How far are you? How big is baby?
    35 weeks!!!! Woo hoo!!! As big as a pineapple- but def bigger based on our growth scan 2 weeks ago. 

2. New symptoms?
    Just an overall sense of being ready for baby. 

3. Rants/Raves?
    Rants: I wish I scheduled to have a few weeks before my maternity leave. I just wouldn’t know where to begin since it’s my first baby. I have no idea how long I will go. I am struggling to get through each day. Once I’m at work I am okay, it’s just waking up and getting there after not sleeping well every night. 

Raves: We finally have LO bassinet set up! So now we have his dresser, and bassinet, we made the changing table just need to organize items on it. (We will donthat this weekend) I’m just excited to check this off the list. Also, I got the last things for my hospital bag, I’m going to finish it completely this weekend. And I got a bunch of after baby supplies following our essentials thread. 

4. Questions?

I’m looking forward to seeing baby on Saturday at our BPP appointment and hoping all is well so we can celebrate my birthday with my siblings and parents. 
  • 1. How far are you? How big is baby? 33 weeks! Boat shoe/Fanny Pack/store bought loaf of bread

2. New symptoms? Nope! All the same shitty ones, lol. Hips burn so I toss and turn through the night. My vagina hurts because of pressure, I'm winded easy, I get lightning crotch. Allergies.

3. Rants/Raves? Tryin' to flip this breech babe! Rant: I don't really want to eff with c-section recovery. Rave: If I end up having to have a CS, then it will be the closest to my due date I've ever given birth! 
    4. Questions?
    5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to this week or weekend? I don't even know! DH is super busy this weekend, with early fathers day gift of baseball and a school reunion (20th!) so DS and I are on our own a lot. Going to MIL's on saturday night so we can take DH home after his reunion (its at a bar, otherwise DS and I would go). Gonna get a creemee when we drop him off soooo, maybe that is what I am most excited about!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How far are you? How big is baby? 34 weeks
    2. New symptoms? just lots of sneezing from allergies, and I have had this a while but forget about it for this... The skin of my upper abdomen, like under my boobs, burns sometimes, even without a bra.
    3. Rants/Raves? DS's speech has gotten so much better lately. I'm so proud of him! And I submitted my application for the job this week that I really hope I get. DH is taking his paternity leave after my leave is up, so we can stack the time and baby doesn't have to start day care until she's 6 months old. But with this new position (if I get it), he suggested that I work full time during his leave so I can ramp up and get things settled before I reduce my hours down to 3 days a week. It's a great solution to a potential problem and I'm pleasantly surprised he's suggesting it... He'll be a SAHD with three under 5 for 12 weeks! The older kids will do daycare two days a week during this time, but it's still going to be challenging for him. 
    Also, got notification that my sister and Mom will both be here hopefully in time for baby's birth.
    4. Questions? at my appt tomorrow I'm going to ask about baby's positioning and what the plan should be if she's breech. I can't remember if I do the gbs test tomorrow or not, but I know my cervix check isn't until my 36 week appt.
    5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to this week or weekend? not sure... Maybe we should set up the nursery for real instead of leaving it as the playroom. I told DH tonight that I'm not even going to pack my hospital bag until I start labor. We've had hours notice for the first two. DH laughed and was like, this plan is going bite us in the ass!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @flockofmoosen3 that is awesome your DH suggested that! I was pleasantly surprised when my DH said he would be ok with me applying for a part time job that would leave him alone with the kiddos two days a week (half days, but still). Cheers to encouraging DHs! 
  • 1. How far are you? How big is baby?
    36 weeks, papaya 
    2. New symptoms?
    Extra crampy, angry ute after my cervix check this morning. All for 1cm!
    3. Rants/Raves?
    DS has been an angel lately, and so extra lovey which makes me so happy, but so sad to
    think we won’t have this one on one time as much anymore when the baby comes. With him going to pre-k in the fall full time I’ve seriously been debating not returning to work after my leave so I can spend more time with him on the weekends.
    4. Questions?

I work weekends.. So not that. I’d like to get my car detailed before putting in the car seat- DS destroyed the back seat. Still have to finish my bag, it seems I lost my camera’s battery, memory cards and charger... They all must be together, but I have no idea where they could be. I’d like to say I’m going to put away all of my laundry but I’d only be kidding myself. I feel like I have so much to do/clean but I have zero motivation or energy to actually do it. 

@flockofmoosen3 I got that burning feeling with DS a lot too, not so much this time around, because she likes to hang out lower I think. 

@SmashJam I hope baby flips! This LO was breech until almost 35 weeks! As much as I’d like a planned due date I did not want to mess around with a c section recovery with a toddler if I could help it. 

@catftm2018 I scheduled myself to work until my due date and I regret it every single shift. It’s only PT and I don’t do much but just the thought of putting on pants and dealing with other peoples shit while trying to be compassionate and kind really kills me. And now I sound like a terrible person 
    :| 
  • @acunamatada you absolutely do not sound like a terrible person. I 100% feel the exact same way! We can complain about it together! Lol  I totally agree about pants, I hate them. I wear dresses as much as I can and I don’t even care about when the last time I shaved my legs was. (I’m irish/German do my hair is super light colored and grows in slow) but I’m sure it’s past the point of letting it go. I would care more if I could see my legs lmao
    Also- does the cervical check hurt? In my mind I feel like it will be similar to a Pap smear... tell me the truth. I’m still just waiting to find out when and if my doc starts them. My next check up is for next week and 36 weeks. 

@SmashJam  fx your baby turns!

@flockofmoosen3  my fx for you for the job!! That’s so great that you both would be able to take care of LO for 6 months! 

@noideawhatshesdoing I just counted my potential days after reading yoUr countdown. That makes me feel so much better! We have summer Fridays and between that and my weekly appointments I leave early two days a week. we are so close!

• @catftm2018 it’s definitely worse than a Pap smear! It’s uncomfortable, a little painful if they need to really get up there.. But the most uncomfortable for me was actually after the test. 
  • @devilcat139 eeeek! More babies!!! Early congrats!! You’re so close! 
  • @devilcat139 wow! Tomorrow! That's so exciting! 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • millpemillpe member
    @devilcat139 tomorrow! That's amazing! Good luck and I can't wait to here the announcement and how everything went. You will do great!!! 

@catftm2018 Can you share some of that readiness with me? I think I'm still in denial how close we are!

@SmashJam Hope that baby flips! My dr did a quick belly feel last week only because I asked otherwise they don't check position until 36 weeks. As a ftm I have no idea how he is positioned. I mean I think I feel a butt up top but that could also be a head haha. My dr did say they commonly still move and flip positions up until 36 weeks so you still have time!

@flockofmoosen3 that is amazing that your H is being so supportive! I have also not packed my hospital bag. 

@noideawhatshesdoing I am so with you on not caring about work.. I have no motivation right now. I do need to clean my desk so its usable when people visit our office. Seems like a good Friday task? 

@acunamatada sorry about the angry ute! Not looking forward to that.. but I am curious on what's going on down there! Lol
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • millpemillpe member
    35 weeks (yesterday). Size of a pineapple! I bought one yesterday just for fun.

2. New symptoms?
    I feel like a pulled a muscle right above my groin - must be growing fast again! Cant even believe that I still have room to grow! Still dealing with heartburn and feeling exhausted all day and can't fall asleep when I go to bed so that's pretty cool.  Other than that I actually still feel really great, even with swelling and feeling huge, so I'm just trying to enjoy every moment.

3. Rants/Raves?
    Just over work pretty much right now. Wish I could take leave early, but I don't have extra vacation time to cover it and don't want to waste any of my after baby time. And since I make the majority of our income I cant really afford to take unpaid leave without dipping into savings. 

4. Questions?
    Will I ever feel "ready"? Haha 

I look forward to sleeping this weekend! DH is also playing in a softball tourney in a small town nearby so I'm planning to go up tomorrow and stay the night. Should be fun to just relax and watch the games and hang out. Hoping the weather is nice and not too hot or rainy 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • kc1293kc1293 member
    @devilcat139 - woooot yaaayyyyy! that's so exciting!
  • kc1293kc1293 member
    36 weeks - papaya

2. New symptoms?
    Still back pain. Had some cramping following my cervix check (1 cm, 50%, -3). Feeling large. Very large. Although she's measuring small - 25th percentile.

3. Rants/Raves?
    +1 to being over work. It's been really slow at my office lately which makes it harder to feel motivated to do anything.

4. Questions?
    @mrsmiller8588 - no you'll never feel ready. haha. At least I'm not. I just told DH last night, I'm ready to not being pregnant, but I'm not ready to have 3 3 and under. Of course this came about as the other 2 are in the back seat screaming for fun.

Sleeping in past 6. Also there is a boba place that I love that is opening a location closer to my house. They open on Saturday! Hopefully it won't be too crazy, and we can go.
  • Thanks guys! Super nervous and excited for tomorrow 
  • 1. How far are you? How big is baby? 35 weeks, size of a child's backpack (what?) or a pineapple

2. New symptoms? Charlie horses are new, and so much fun.. other than that just the same old.

3. Rants/Raves? Rave small work shower for baby girl yesterday, and they even got DS a few small big brother gifts, I almost cried with happiness for that.

4. Questions?

5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to this week or weekend?  hopefully getting rid of some stuff we do not need anymore. Its just taking up room at this point.

devilcat139 excited for you FX that everything goes smoothly.

MrsMiller8588  No you never feel ready, until babys here then its just okay we got this.

@noideawhatshesdoingI feel the same, I know the countdown is on and my motivation is lacking so bad!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• @devilcat139 that’s so exciting!!! I’m sending so much love, support and positive baby vibes your way!!! 

@MrsMiller8588 being physically ready is not the same as mentally! Lol you will get there! 

@wysmom14 ugh I HATE the Charlie roses, I eat banana daily and drink so much water and I still get them. Now when I wake up screaming No No No my husband already knows it’s a Charlie horse again lol 
  • @devilcat139 yay! Hope all goes smoothly! 

@MrsMiller8588 no you don't feel ready, you just plow through! My bro was like, " I don't know what to do, ____ (wife) knows what she's doing. " and I was like, no she doesnt! We are all faking it til we do! Lol
  • 1. How far are you? How big is baby? 33 weeks, apparently celery

2. New symptoms? Not new, but heartburn has been a killer. I used to think it was related to what I was eating, but now I get it no matter what I eat...and seemingly all day unless I pop Zantac 

3. Rants/Raves? I’ve just lost patience with one of my coworkers. I started a new job at the end of February so I’m still feeling people out, but he’s just been so passive aggressive and annoying that I just want to call him out on it. At this stage I’m planning to work right up to my due date so as to save up for maternity leave, and like so many of you, I’m just not feeling it right now. And definitely not feeling like tip-toeing around him and trying to be friendly. 

4. Questions? I don’t think I have “lightening crotch” but it sure is sore down there. Is there anything that I can do about it? Would a belly band help relieve some of the pressure during the day? I didn’t appreciate that I used those muscles every time I stand up or sit down, and the pain wakes me up whenever I try to change positions during the night. 

5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to this week or weekend? I bought a maternity swimsuit and have yet to use it with all the rain we’ve been getting. So I’m hoping I’ll make it to the pool this weekend and enjoy taking some of the weight off!
  • @devilcat139 been thinking of you. I hope all is well. Sending so much love and positive baby vibes your way.