October 2018 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 6/6

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 6/6

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 23 weeks! The size of a small lobster!

2. How are you feeling?

Tired and big. Cannot seem to sleep. Going in search of a U shaped pillow today.

Not till next week.

Feeling like we have a lot to do to prepare and it’s stressing me out. We don’t really have a name or a nursery or a car that baby will fit into (we have a smart car...) blah.

Dance dance revolution 

• Options
    @rc-cola - Thanks for posting!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

23!!!!  

So hard to pick this week. I’m going with Barbie doll. 

2. How are you feeling?

Good- physically better than yesterday since I got a good night’s sleep.  Biggest symptoms are round ligament pain and uterine cramping.

No- my next appointment is Friday of next week.

Rant- According to the bump, Baby is 11” and the size of a grapefruit this week.  Where in the world do you find 11” diameter grapefruits?

Random: Last night I had a dream that my grandmother (who is deceased) was hosting a sip and see for my baby girl.   I never directly saw Grandmother, just the back of her chair as she was rocking baby girl, but I did pick up my baby, who was only a few days old, with a scrunched up face and string bean limbs.

(Note: Still team green, but I’ve been wondering if I would dream about the baby.)

I honestly don’t pay much attention to fads, so I have no idea...  (Although, there are a few that I hope will go away- bacon in and on everything is one- although that seems to be dying away.)

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 22 weeks - a spaghetti squash!

2. How are you feeling? Pretty good... heartburn is getting a bit worse; I'm having to get up and eat at least once in the night to keep it at bay, which is getting a bit annoying

3. Any appointments this week? Nope - nothing for another two weeks, when I have my next midwife appointment

4. Rants/raves/questions? DH is away for work, which is both a rant and a rave... it's nice having the whole bed, but I am starting to miss him a lot

5. GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Not really sure - like most of you, I can't say I really follow fads

• Options

21 weeks, chipotle burrito

2. How are you feeling?

Ok tired, heartburn, cant sleep so the usual. We actually had chipotle last night and I was so miserable with heartburn and felt so nauseous I could barely sleep.  This morning I told hubby I wasn't eating it any more for the rest of this pregnancy and then I saw baby was the size of a chipotle burrito and we couldn't stop laughing :)

OB visit on Friday and follow up US next week.

Rant - I am not one to wish time away and I know these last few months with DD will be special before baby is here but honestly I am over pregnancy and just want to fast forward to October to meet this baby.

Hmmm maybe the fashion and big hair of the 80s :D Not really but it would be funny to sit in work meetings with everyone dressed in 80s themed attire!

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 23 and a confusing grapefruit? I also saw papaya

2. How are you feeling? Pretty good. Definitely starting to feel like I’m running out of space in there

3. Any appointments this week? Massage Friday!

4. Rants/raves/questions? Feeling like there are too many things to do/organize. They’ll get done eventually, right? Future selfs problem, I guess? 

Yoga pants as acceptable attire. It’s barely hanging on where I live, but so comfy! 

• Options
    21, a baseball cap!

2. How are you feeling?

Still pretty normal. Occasional aches and pains in my back and ribs. Also my appetite increased like crazy this week, I keep getting up at night to eat something despite having snacks before bed. Feeling more consistent movement the past few days but not enough for DH to feel yet.

Nope, I’m in the “boring” phase as my OB referred to it.

Favorite healthy(ish) snacks to keep the hunger under control?

Hmmm...not really a trend follower here. *shrug*

• Options
    @tropical1982 I drove up to see a friend in Ft Worth and it was 104F this weekend. I wanted to die, and I was barely outside. It's too damn early for that kind of heat!
  • Options
    @quiltandknit I love these as an easy snack. Super easy to make and eat on the go, and you can play with flavor combos. https://www.melskitchencafe.com/best-energy-bites-recipe/
  • Options
    I just want to know where these people are finding their grapefruits!! Not that I want any because they’re nasty. I’d rather eat lemons. 
  • Options
    @jynjer91 you must not have had a Texas grapefruit. They are sweeter and delicious.
  • Options
    @jynjer91 - I’m wondering if someone doesn’t know the difference between inches and centimeters.   11cm would totally be an accurate size for a grapefruit....
  • Options
    @jemmerjams I have had a TX grapefruit! DH is from TX so I was forced to try one. Not as bad because it was sweeter but still a big nope. Same as fresh from the tree in FL. I know they’re good for you but I’ll stick with oranges!