November 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY: AW your Hobby!

edited June 2018 in November 2018 Moms
Just a little GTKY for fun! Go ahead and show off your hobby/talent to us! Pictures welcome and encouraged!

ETA: AW-attention whore, aka, brag away/show off!
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: GTKY: AW your Hobby!

• Options
    @pink_polkadots Wow! Those are awesome! I have no hobbies that yield anything nearly as amazing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots I gasped when I saw the princess dress. GASPED.
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 your silhouette creations are beautiful! I have a Cricut but I lack the creativity to come up with cute stuff like that unless I see it already done on Pinterest :lol:  and I’m so jealous of your photography skills. I tried to dabble in it but wasn’t motivated enough to learn all the editing tricks. Your pictures are precious. 
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots - thanks! I am pretty sure almost all my ideas are inspired from pinterest or craft groups on facebook. I did come up with the big sister/little brother handwriting shirts on my own which I was proud of. My friend cried when she opened them (I had her husband get their DD to write it on paper and send it to me without her knowing). I plan to do the same with this baby and DS. I have been in the process of making DS a night you were born sign with htv and canvas so maybe after I get done editing my besties pics I will have enough energy to finally do that! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @marfi236 oh I love cozy knitted/crocheted things! The hats.. :heart::heart:  is that a hobby that requires a lot of patience because of the time it takes to make something? 
  • Options
    linz36linz36 member
    edited June 2018
    @highsteaks Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday...and your garage set up was awesome!!!!!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    Guys, just want to say I am so impressed by all of this!!! Signed, someone who cannot sew a button ;) 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @Amber1174 oh my gosh! Stunning! I love the polka dots one :wink: You are so talented. I’ve never made clothes for myself, but it’s something I’d like to try in the future! 
  • Options
    the-lothe-lo member
    I love seeing everyone's talents!! I wish I was crafty! I'm way too sloppy and not imaginative enough for crafts.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Seriously feeling inadequate scrolling through these - I am so impressed by everyone’s talent and creativity!! Not sure I have a real hobby that doesn’t involve watching tv so I’m going to vicariously live though you all. 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @pink_polkadots those are the cutest!!! :love:

@Amber1174 those are absolutely beautiful! I love the rainbow skirt! 

I do a lot of different crafts but don't focus on any in particular. Cross stitching, sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc. I'll have to find some photos to post later

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    You ladies are all so creative and talented!! 
  • Options
    @charliesmommy6 uhhh watching tv is absolutely a real hobby. :lol:
  • Options
    Wow!!!! I am in awe of yalls talent! I can’t do anything with crafts or sewing or stencils. Seriously impressed 

• Options
    @pink_polkadots that's so cool! I love hand sewn quilts, what a special skill to have

• Options
    edited June 2018
    @offtoneverland I always loved the idea of scrapbooking but I never committed to it. I have a few aunts who were crazy good at it. They’d always have scrapbooking parties.  I was never as creative with it as them. I think all the possibilities with the cute paper and stickers and such just overwhelmed me too much. 

Also how did you make the headboard?

@eahayes I wish I had the patience to hand sew but I take the easy way out and use my sewing machine. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @CopperBoom86 :scream: stunning!!!!

@wannaflickone how was your Disney trip? Land or World? I’m going in September to DW and I’m so nervous/excited. Nervous because of being 30 something weeks pregnant and because it’s gonna be hot hot hot. 

@kamahina9 I’d be one of the people in that slow walkers group :lol: actually I’d be the person sitting in a chair waiting at the finish line. :tongue:
  • Options
    you guys are so talented! I try to be crafty, but I often get frustrated with lack of time and space.
    @pink_polkadots I love that princess fabric! I made a boppy cover out of it when I was pregnant with my dd.
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 Those cakes are beautiful. You are so talented! 
    @pink_polkadots Yeah, there are way too many cute papers and stickers for scrapbooking, so I understand that. I try to keep it pretty simple. Some people go WAY overboard with the stickers and things. I made the headboard with a staple gun! I got a sheet of particle board from Lowe's, then glued a thick piece of foam to it. I covered that in fabric batting and stapled it in place, then covered the whole thing in duck canvas fabric (the fabric shown in the pic), and stapled it in place. It was so easy and really fun! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3