July 2018 Moms

Monday BF - 6/4

How is it almost 5 and we don't have one yet!?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday BF - 6/4

• selfishly started - but yea how id we make it this far into monday without a BF?? especially with all of us admitting to extreme crankiness
    1.I want to cut DH who suggested that I make a market run because kid needs motrin and he can't leave work before 6 - um i've been working from bed for over a month because I can't swing it in the office...there's a CVS in the same parking lot as daycare and he could just take her with him if he's worried about 6:30 late fees
    2. so much work rage... 1 employee is being argumentative about being wrong on standard process, 1 employee is constantly going around me and is also complaining about this stupid new assessment to MY boss - i get that i'm WFH and not physically in the office right now and sometimes he is, but I'm green on skype and a phone call away... and 1 employee apparently fell asleep during my staff call - which my boss saw and called me during said staff meeting from his cell to let me know...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • sm05-2sm05-2 member
    Ugh @gingerbride26, you don’t need an unhelpful H when you can’t even go to work! And sorry about the work stress, that feels rough. 

My BF is that even though I’ve been getting hand-me-down baby clothes—which I’m grateful for—I bought a new newborn and 0-3 month outfit for taking home the baby. But the newborn outfit I ordered came to me at the wrong size, 3-6 months! I’m tempted to keep it and order something else from another company. It’s a small thing, but I feel bummed about it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh i think our cat has some heat allergies or something. Her hairline is thinning on her back near her tail and seems to happen every year. Gotta bathe her soon. She’s indoors all the time so i usually don’t have to worry much about her. 
    Also this weather hates me! The week i decided to start working from home is the week that happens to be in the 90s each day! We only have a portable room AC so hopefully I can stay cool enough with that. 
  • BF of course goes to DH who wants us to move and fell in love with this ONE place we saw on Sunday. I feel sad about all the successful nesting and cleaning I've done here and I just want to throw in the towel about anything else. I wanted to move 9 months ago and he nixed it. Ugh, I hope we don't get approved for this place for some weird reason so we won't even have to make a decision. I was so happy on saturday and now I'm a grumpy sad face.

I'm also annoyed at one of my company's owners who picked the overqualified candidate to replace me on mat leave because he is is Asia and can be strategic for us to have him there and he has all this tech experience - ok but I thought we didn't have the budget to hire anyone after I come back? I think I'm oversensitive and overreacted to the way she phrased an email (according to DH...) but it's still annoying that I have to work twice as hard now. He is super qualified as a developer but has no clue about PM work. Gah! And, he is a US citizen living in China. My work hours are about to get so fun while I train him...
  • I’m so emotional today!! I’ve managed to not cry so far but I’m having a tough time. We had my DD’s first ballet recital over the weekend and I’m like overflowing with pride for her good job (she’s only recently 3 so a recital is a big deal for her!). And then feeling so proud of her makes me feel guilty that I’m not gushing with pride for my DS (he’s playing tee ball and doesn’t seem to really care about the game- he’s just there to have a good time. Which I’m fine with but it doesn’t make me super proud). I also tend to feel kind of depressed after something really fun so I’m kind of mopey today. And I had another stressful dream about DH last night (he wasn’t gay this time thank goodness). And lastly, I’m just emotional about how a new baby will change the dynamic of our family. Part of me feels like we should have just stopped at two, but I’m grateful that I’ve been able to carry this baby and I’m excited for him to join our family. 
  • millpemillpe member
    My first BF today goes to one of my dogs even though I feel guilty saying it... one of them must be sick and I came home from work today to 3 piles of crap to clean up. One of which was smushed and tracked. I cried and then threw up 3 times trying to clean it up. I still haven't shampooed the carpets but asked DH to do it tomorrow.. oh and to make matters a little worse today was house cleaner day so I was really looking forward to some home to a clean house, but was instead greeted with the smell of crap.

My other BF is to myself. I was SO determined to do some nesting today so I stopped and bought a new bookcase thing on my way home and proceeded to try to build it. And ended up ruining it... so there goes $40... ugh. I should have just left it for DH. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • stillcozystillcozy member
    edited June 2018
    I'm over people trying to pressure me into things. i don't like it and stood my ground but it was hard but it makes me anxious waiting for their response now. ugh. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Great right when it’s cool enough to open windows our neighbor has to start smoking it up (pot). I had literally just opened DSs window too. And i think they are also mowing their lawn again 5 mins before 9. 
  • My BF is that my DH is nesting?! WTF! Instead of helping me with my nesting craziness and projects, he decides to replace 6 light fixtures and 2 ceiling fans! Last week, it was paint the guest room, before the nursery! This Saturday, he’ll be assembling bunk beds instead of nursery furniture. These are things I wanted done for years, but they’re not top on my priority list when baby’s bassinet is sitting in a box in the kitchen! Also, he hates online shopping, but he didn’t feel like start shopping for baby things until a few weeks ago. I’m too pregnant to go spend endless hours in stores buying baby things I can order online. Side note: I’m capable of assembling nursery furniture myself, but I don’t want to try getting it up the stairs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wildtot those people suck! I just posted in another thread about having our windows closed because the pollen outside has been SO bad, even though it’s been cool out. The cool breeze would be so nice right now.

i have a belated work bitch as I lay awake at 2am completely unable to sleep. So this month all the attorneys in my office have a deadline towards the end of the month when we all have a whole bunch of filings that are due. It’s basically a statutory deadline that a lot of our clients require and they’re all due at once, and each one is extremely time consuming and vert fact intensive. It’s one of our busiest months of the year. We all have a ton going on right now between hearings and health issues - aside from my high risk pregnancy pregnancy, the other two associates both need surgery
    soon and my boss is always a hot mess. We have an of counsel attorney who is helping us out, but she works remotely in a different time zone so when she is missing facts she needs the office to get them from clients for her. Today/yesterday she emailed our support
    person, whose job description is literally “litigation support” a list of questions for one of my clients. I knew she sent these questions because she was keeping me in the loop. towards the end of the day, this support person emailed me and said “hey, can you call mrs. X and find out the answer to these questions? Of counsel needs them.” My jaw literally dropped. I’m practically on modified bed rest (not really but was specifically instructed to cut down on stress at work due to high BP and contractions, and everyone in my office is well aware of this), and she was specifically asked to find this stuff out, and she has the nerve to turn around and ask me to do it for her? The of counsel is purposely focusing on my stuff to lighten my load due to my health, and this support
    person is turning shit back around on me?? Her job is to support me! I was furious. I immediately tattled on her to my office manager, knowing she will probably tell my boss about it. I literally have no clue what this woman does, because she’s certainly never done anything to make my job easier. I am just lying here trying to resist the urge to send a really snarky reply email since I never responded to it, but I can’t think Of anything. 
  • @zande2016 I’ve never been affected much by pollen but looks like DS has sensitivity to it and it completely sucks! Especially when it’s 2 am trying to sleep in heat. Hope tonight is better! I did email the HOA to see if they have any rules against it before i go randomly telling someone to shut up from the backyard. Sorry to hear work is still pretty stressful and your not getting the support your suppose to get. No shame in speaking up especially with all that’s going on. Hope that person gets the clue soon!