Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-in w/o June 4th

2»

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-in w/o June 4th

• Hi everyone. I’m just catching up while we are away. Babymoon has been so much fun and Aspen was amazing but now we are in Boulder preparing for DH’s Ironman tomorrow and it’s been go go go. I’ve heard just as many ‘you’re not racing are you?’ jokes I can handle. Thankfully, DH has been very considerate of my need to rest so I’ve had some down time. 

Congrats to the new mama’s and the nursery pics are beautiful. I’m so excited to get into our new place later this month and get baby boys room together. 

Im also in the ‘pee all the time’ club. If I’m not actively peeing, I need to pee.  

Have a great wknd everyone!!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 i don’t know how people can run in pregnancy. Some tipping point hit for me around week 29 and i find it a challenge to even roll over in bed!  Have fun on your babymoom and rest when you need to! :)
    Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Loading the player...
  • Just putting this out there: In-laws are here this weekend for the baby shower my mom and stepmother hosted. I can generally only stand my in-laws for about 24 hours, after which my ability to ignore their insane comments, belief that they’re right about everything, constant need to have hours-long talking-over-each-other conversations with DH about touchy political subjects, and general interference in every aspect of our lives is reduced to nothing.

They’ve been here 36 hours and I’ve already been told that teaching the baby sign language will delay her speech (insert eye roll here) and that I should not, under any circumstances, vaccinate my daughter on the recommended schedule, but rather space them out in some kind of arbitrary way (insert instant rage here).

I sometimes wonder how I manage to not just tell them to F all the way off.
  • edited June 2018
    @sarcasticowl I feel you girl. I used to LOVE my MIL, then we had a son. Forget about it. Now I tolerate her. My FIL has never been bad and is very quiet so he hasn't changed much... But MIL thinks she has the right to tell us how to parent. We put her in her place when DS was very little and it created a rift that's never really been repaired. She's terrible at conflict resolution and basically if you're not grovelling with an apology, she doesn't wanna hear it. 

This time around, she's telling me I better have this baby early enough so they can come visit before they leave for Lebanon mid-July. I've already told them that DH and I are NOT having any overnight visitors whatsoever the first two weeks after birth. Not comprimising on that. That's such a special sacred time and no one's staying over. So if baby girl comes late, and then we add in the 2 weeks off limit, they won't be able to see her until they get back. Welp, guess what? My due date hasn't changed and it was their choice to book a trip so close to it. Totally their choice and idc if they go, but don't get upset with me if you can't end up visiting before you leave. UGH. I hate how people think birth should be planned around THEIR schedule.

Ok, guess I needed to vent so thanks for opening the in law can of worms, haha! In the end it's YOUR baby and you do what's right for your family! No one else is giving birth to your child but you.
  • @TravelingCouple omg!! How dare she!!!! That's just....ugh!! You know what though, screw your ILs, like you said they chose to plan a trip so close to the birth, you shouldn't have to bend your rules to satisfy their poor planning. And they can stay in a hotel. 
    @sarcasticowl yours too! Geez. Do they know that the MMR vaccine isn't even found separately in the US? Im
    assuming that's what she told you to space out. 

• @coco305 I’m not sure they mentioned one in particular. She said babies get twelve vaccines at once. Twelve. They’re clearly out of their minds. Zero medical background between the two of them, but a whole lot of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh  :#