December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms • 6/2 & 6/3

Happy weekend!

My long blond dog decided to begin Echo-Fest by blasting puke at 1am. Awesome. DH cleaned it all up while I tried to not puke. But later we are going out for a traditional Irish breakfast for my birthday. Yay!

What does your weekend look like?
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Weekend Randoms • 6/2 & 6/3

• Options
    @echo-charlietango happy birthday!!

We're driving 4 hours to St Louis for a wedding this weekend for one of my sorority sisters. I'm super excited for this wedding because I was there when she met the guy and it was an immediate attraction between the two! That would have been Fall 2013 I believe, so this has been a long time coming for them!! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    First, Happy Birthday! Second, DH and I are going camping with my parents. He has to work a bit while we are there... but it's all worth it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango Happy Birthday! Looks like my weekend will be nursing my sick DD. She had a fever yesterday. She woke up today and it was 103. It is down to 98 now but I will have to keep up with the meds before it reaches that again. 

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    edited June 2018
    Happy Birthday @echo-charlietango!!  

I am currently in Kelley's Island in Lake Erie with some girlfriends for the weekend. Skipped the excursion to the bar last night and just went to bed and it was the best decision ever  :D 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Happy Birthday @echo-charlietango! Enjoy your Irish breakfast.
  • Options
    HBD, @echo-charlietango

i don’t think we have much planned today. I promised DD ice cream and we may go to the pool this afternoon, but that’s about all that’s on my agenda. Pretty much the same for tomorrow. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango  Happy Birthday! Irish breakfast sounds amazing.

DD decided to get up at 4:50 this morning :# and immediately demanded PJ masks (I didn’t even know she knew what PJ masks was until 2 days ago, weird). We’re downstairs watching PJ, eating fruit and yogurt, doing cloth diaper laundry and waiting on DH to get back with breakfast burritos before he goes to the neighbors to build their fence. DD and I are going to a graduation party this evening!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @echo-charlietango Happy birthday!

I signed up for this class on causal inference this Saturday and next.  I'm seriously regretting it now, but I can't really get out of it.

Tomorrow I am going to check out someone's lot of maternity clothing that I found on Craigslist!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Why self do I keep thinking I can eat eggs?!?! Vomiting early this morning. Just took a zofran, so I’ll feel better soon.
  • Options
    rosebud332rosebud332 member
    edited June 2018
    @echo-charlietango Happy Birthday!! Irish breakfast sounds amazing. Is it like an English breakfast? That’s on my food bucket list.

eta my random/complaint. DH had to go back into work last night at about 10 pm after working a full day. He said he thought he’d be back around 1am but I woke up at 2:30 and he still wasn’t home so I texted him to make sure he was ok (what he was doing was semi-dangerous in my opinion). He didn’t text me back until after 3, so naturally by then I was starting to freak out a little bit. So I was all worked up and worried and couldn’t sleep even after I heard from him. I was just about falling asleep when he came home around 4:30 which woke me up again. So long story short I got about an hour of real sleep between 2:30am and when my dd woke up screaming. All the coffee, please.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @gorgeousariel I hope DD feels better soon!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @clbness thanks! She's sleeping now so that's good. Good luck with CD laundry. I always hated laundry day lol. We probably haven't CD in almost a month. Between potty training/ underwear and back to disposables I don't have to do it anymore- until baby comes of course. 
  • Options
    coybigcoybig member
    I have games today over an hour away.  They are mid afternoon so pretty much killing the entire day.  I have too much stuff to do around the house and can't really work on anything when I don't have a decent window to accomplish it in.
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango Happy birthday!!!
  • Options
    @rosebud332 that’s the worst. I hope you can snooze around the house today. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango Happy birthday!! Irish breakfast sounds lovely!

@AGK2015 Block party sounds SO fun! I wish we did that in our neighborhood- enjoy!

AFM, we are having a low key, restful weekend. I've been having really bad nausea at night and between that, new job, new work responsibilities for my husband and potty training DD, we are TIRED. All that's on the agenda this weekend is to keep up with potty training, deep clean our apartment and for me to get some writing and exercise done. We're supposed to have brunch with friends tomorrow but I'm getting a bit nervous about taking DD because she's still having accidents fairly regularly and she's never used a public restroom/big potty. I almost feel like I should skip it til she's further into potty training and more consistent with success - thoughts? 
  • Options
    Happy birthday @echo-charlietango! Enjoy your Irish breakfast!

@AGK2015 I love vlock parties!! I remember watching movies like Sandlot and thinking "it would be awesome to have a block party like they do for the 4th of July"!! Almost 3 years ago we moved onto a court and we have awesome neighbors (most around our afe). We also do about 2 block parties a year, and just hangout a lot in general. Our neighbors are the best part of our house, honestly!

@hkom Have fun on your girls' weekend! That sounds so amazing right now!

@maureenmce good luck with potty training! FX for you!

AFM, I'm going to our friends' son's birthday party this afternoon. It's outside and of cousec, today is like 20° colder than it's been the last week! I feel so bad! But at least it's over 60, so not too bad.

Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @maureenmce do you have a seat that will fit in a diaper bag? I’ve always had a hard time convincing my toddlers to sit on a big toilet when out and about. But, I’m a big proponent of going about your life as usual. They’ll have to get used to it eventually, so just plan for accidents because it’ll be a part of life for a while. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Happy Birthday, Echo! 

Late last night I wanted pancakes, but we didn’t have any. Right now I’m making a big batch and I’ll freeze them. Then I can pop one in the microwave if the craving returns (I’m eating some fresh too!) 
    This afternoon we are also celebrating a birthday. My SO’s birthday was earlier this week, but we are going to his moms house today because she wanted a reason to BBQ and have us over. It’s his last “not a dad” birthday, so he’s making kind of a big deal about it. 
  • Options
    @runrinserepeat No, our potty is too big cut a diaper bag, unfortunately! I think we'll just take her and make sure she goes first. I just didn't want to gross out the other diners/make a mess at the restaurant if she has an accident, but I think we can sit outside on the patio and I'll put something under her while she sits that should contain any mess. Agreed that life must go on/accidents will happen!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Echo!  
    We told my stepdaughter last night about the baby. This weekend we are letting her guide us. So far, she wants to do some baby things, so we are making our list of names and will share our lists with each other when we find out gender. We cleaned out her bedroom, as she will upgrade to the larger bedroom (by choice). And tomorrow we are headed to a museum. 
  • Options
    @AGK2015 omg block parties sound so fun!!! Those don't really happen where I'm from, I always wished they would though!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @jens_hoes That’s so cute!! What a great gift!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Right? We never had block parties where I grew up (rural IL, so we did have a yearly festival these after our largest agricultural output, but that's it). It was an awesome surprise when we moved here; I was worried that we were still too urban to be connected with our neighbors, but it's great :) 

In other news, we did drive into the city briefly for a friend's kid's first birthday party, and I had my very first ever "Oh shit, pull over RIGHT NOW" curb vomit moment, of either pregnancy. Yay milestones?

Also I LOVE that playhouse @Jens_Hoes! Is that a water table on the side, too? So cute!
  • Options
    Yes @AGK2015! All my daughter did today was play there and dump water all over herself lol

side note: for those that exercise how the hell do you do it. I have a 1 year old and a full time job (M-F leave the house at 645 get home at 5). My husband owns his own excavation business and essentially I have been single parenting since April and will until this baby is born. I just don’t know how to find the time. I am unhappy with how large and messy I feel already, and I know part of that is because I gave birth a year ago and never got back in shape. But I have a long way to go before this baby comes out. Ugh that was a dear diary post. 
  • Options
    Taking a weekend trip to Boston with a ton of walking around and going non stop at 10 weeks was a bad idea. I’m exhausted and cranky!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lexidawg loving for Boston, but uffda, the heat! It must have been a wicked log day. I hope the trip has some quality down time for you! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes in your situation, I’d try to do something you can do with you LO. Push the stroller for a few miles, pop in a yoga dvd (my LOs have always loved the P90X yoga dvd - I finally found a demographic that doesn’t find tony Horton annoying af!), or even just crank the music for 30 minutes every night after dinner and have a dance party! Those are the sorts of things I do when DH gets busy for work and I’m spending every free moment parenting on my own. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @lexidawg we did a jam-packed weekend in NYC last weekend. It was great but I so wished I had made time for some napping. :)
  • Options
    @coco2787 that’s wonderful news! So much happiness in your family now. 
  • Options
    I am so tired.  I hosted wine night last night and went to two Stags today.  I was able to take a nap but after only 5 hours of sleep last night I dragged all day.  I have no idea why I am awake right now.  I don’t remember being this tired last time:(
  • Options
    @coco2787 That’s so wonderful. Thinking sticky thoughts for your SIL and crossing my everything for a H&H pregnancy for you both! 

@fernsy I’m sorry you had to work all weekend; that in no way makes you a jerk, just a hard working parent doing her best. It had to be hard, especially on a week you had already lost time, but you’re doing what you have to. Were you able to get in any fun quality time before or after work? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @coco2787 * two loss mentioned* 
    My BFF growing up- our bdays are 9 days apart. She had a MC but then ended up pg right before me.  We were technically due a month apart but because she was overdue and DD came early, their bdays are 8 days apart. I know if she didn't have that MC, that wouldn't have happened. I believe it happened for a reason , so we could be pg together and our DDs are 2nd gen. BFFS. I hope this is your SILs sticky baby so you can experience that too. 
  • Options
    @fernsy it was an easy fix, a fuel sensor or something. But never a dull moment, our washer just stopped working  :(
  • Options
    fernsyfernsy member
    @Jens_Hoes , for the record, I love-titted the car not the washer. That sucks!

@hbmama21 thanks for the kind words. I feel like motherhood is often a a struggle against guilt. This is partially my personality but also largely a pressure (by the culture, by the world?) to be super mom -- do all the things, perfectly. So I end up feeling bad for working too much, but also feeling a little bad for not working as much as I might otherwise...feeling guilty about taking time to exercise but knowing that it has to be done and in truth -- I like my work, usually:) Not sure if that makes ANY sense...