October 2018 Moms

Med Free Check In (June)

13»

Re: Med Free Check In (June)

• This article puts together a good amount of research on eye ointment: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/is-erythromycin-eye-ointment-always-necessary-for-newborns/

But, different states have different laws regarding the ointment. Some places, you cannot refuse (as in CPS will be called cannot refuse). So look up your states laws before geting your heart set on skipping it. 
  • @tinattt23 Thanks for that link! Lots of good info. I just looked up my state and it's required unless there is a written objection for religious reasons. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The law says it's required for my state but many people are saying they were able to opt out anyway. I guess I'll just ask the midwives when I see them.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Did anyone include completing the breast crawl on their birth plan?  
    DS1 did it and it was amazing!! I learned about it through my Bradley course and was like whoa, textbook breast crawl!  We didn't ask for it they just placed him on my belly and he went straight for the target.

The more I read this thread it becomes real.  This is really happening again lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers