January 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL Check in ~ 5/31 - 6/6

1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby?

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: What's the best place you've ever visited/traveled/vacationed to?

sorry if this is over stepping @dubcompanion, didn't see one started so I thought you were busy or something. <3 

TW

M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: PGAL Check in ~ 5/31 - 6/6

• Options
    5w4d based on O. Size of a nerd candy. 

This week is really hard for me. Week five is when I've miscarried before so I'm on edge. Every day I make it without bleeding I exhale a bit more. 

Another U/S next Tuesday. Hoping for more than just a gestational sac, hopefully a heart beat this time. 

I got a new truck last Friday. The A/C went out on Saturday. I took it in today and they can't fix it because they're a ford dealer and it's a dodge. They transporting it to their partner dodge dealer and giving me a loaner but c'mon man. I had the dang thing for less than a week! 

Hawaii, hands down. I love it there. 

TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    tosh24tosh24 member
    edited May 2018
    1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 8+3

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Not great on either front. Physically I'm feeling pretty run down. The cumulative effect of all my symptoms makes me want to cry. I stopped in at the grocery store this morning on my way to work to pick up lunch and I almost started bawling and ran out. The smells are just too much and make me dry heave. I had to cover my face with my scarf so that people wouldn't see me gagging/heaving as I tried to quickly find some food. By the same token, I'll admit that I am somewhat comforted by having symptoms, at least. Every day I have to fight the fear that I've miscarried. I had a second u/s last week that showed baby measuring bang-on at 7+3 with a HB of 156 but of course now it's been a week so I'm pessimistic again. I have a 3rd u/s on Sat morning.

Another u/s to help my anxiety on Sat morning. 

Ahhhhh I don't know if I can just pick one! I most prefer to travel in Europe, not a big fan of Asia. If I had to pick,  my favourite city would be Florence, Italy. 

ETA fix autocorrect
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ladystout08 Thank you for starting! I had a big day yesterday which I’ll explain in my check-in. Hoping this week passes quickly and uneventfully for you and that the next ultrasound you get to see a heartbeat. 

9+1; big as a blackberry 

Mentally I’m feeling pretty good atm, but I still have to get through the rest of 1st tri and NT scan in 2 weeks. Physically I’ve had less of an appetite, been queasy, and for some reason really horny?! That is new for me in pregnancy, trust me, hah.

Had my first OB appointment yesterday. Baby measured 2 days ahead based on LMP and HB was 185. LO looks great! I still can’t breathe a sigh of relief because my MMC was discovered at 12 weeks, and the baby had stopped growing at 10.5 weeks. So, not out of the woods yet. But I will enjoy this milestone since it’s a big step towards a healthy baby in my arms at the end of this year. 

After my appointment, when spending time with DD and DH, DD fell on a puzzle piece and broke a peg off of it. She’d gone down hard onto it with the back of her head, and DH and I freaked out. She had an immediate bump and it’s probably her first at 14 months old. (We don’t tape pillows around her to keep her safe but we might as well.) :lol: It happened close to her bedtime so we kept her up longer to make sure she was okay. Ugh. I know she’ll get bumps and bruises but I hate seeing her in pain. It makes me cry along with her. Luckily, this morning I felt her head and couldn’t find a bump, so hopefully all’s better.  

5. GTKY: What's the best place you've ever visited/traveled/vacationed to
    Either Germany and Austria on a high school trip or our honeymoon in Mexico. I love traveling to different countries and wish I had the money to do it more often. 
  • Options
    7w and change. 
    Better today after my appointment yesterday and seeing the baby doing well twice now.
    I go back in two weeks since I was seen yesterday
    I'm annoyed by bloat and weight gain from bloat. I'm annoyed by all day queasiness but I don't puke. I want to jump about 5 weeks and I can't and it feels like it's taking so long to get to the point where I'm not checking the toilet every time I use the restroom. 
    Also, Redvines are BAD for pgal brain because of the red dye. BAD. Took me a second to remember and calm down. 
    I've been to some cool places in the US. I've never traveled out of the country. (one day) 
    I love New York and seriously considered moving there when I was single and thought I may never get married. DH would never live there. 
    I love Seattle and how green and gorgeous it is. I would live there in a heartbeat and DH was born and raised there for a while so he would move back. But expensive. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee Ooh I really enjoyed New York as well. My brother lives in Syracuse and I really need to take advantage of that connection and go visit him! 

@tosh24 I know what you mean about symptoms being simultaneously comforting and annoying. What gets me the most are perfumes and fragrances. Right now, they’re as offensive to my nose as BO. I’ve opened windows at work during thunderstorms because someone’s wearing overwhelming perfume. I’m glad I do have symptoms nonetheless, although I can’t completely trust them as I still had them when I discovered my loss. Hope you have another great US on Sat!
  • Options
    @tosh24 I hear you on the symptoms thing. I was dry heaving in the car at lunch but like, I'm thankful to be heaving. It's so weird. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @dubcompanion I'm glad your DD is ok! Head bumps freak me out! 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    tosh24tosh24 member
    @ladystout08 Total bummer about the truck!!! Hope it's an easy (and cheap!) fix!

@dubcompanion Congrats on the awesome u/s! Ugh, head injuries are the worst.  Almost nothing gives me more anxiety as a parent than a bump to the head. Sounds like DD will be just fine :) Yeah, my second loss was a MMC and I still had symptoms which is probably why I can't completely relax,  but I still think that I'd be more anxious if I had less symptoms.

@sparkymcgeee glad you've had a couple of good u/s! Always a relief (if only for a little while). I still check the toilet and tp EVERY time I go to the washroom. I feel like a crazy person. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    7 weeks today

physically, ok. Nausea started kicking in Sunday but still very manageable, my boobs are so sore, and still easily ragey. Mentally depends on the day and the hour. Had our 2nd US this morning and I woke up at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep because I was so anxious. 

Had 2nd ultrasound today. Should be 7 weeks. Measuring 6w4d and LO had a HB of 128. Go back in 2 weeks for another US.

This is the first heartbeat we've gotten to hear, so very grateful for that. I usually see the NP at my RE office and really like her but she wasn't there today. The Dr is one of those really awkward people and was not very reassuring at all. He just kept flipping thru the chart and saying hmm, we'll see. That stressed me out!

I loved Hawaii and spent 3 months in Seattle and loved it there too. Never been to Europe but would love to go one of these years!

• Options
    6 weeks and a sweet pea

Right now not too good, alot of pains in my belly that feel like round ligament but some intense lower back pain that hasn't let up for hours. Hoping it has something to do with all the gas I've been having today and nothing worse... but of course my pgal brain is freaking out.
    nope
    morning sickness kicked in today, I was only getting it here and there every other day but today was from the time I woke up onwards all day off and on, so that's good but sucks too. Loving that my irritability seems to have moved to the backburner for this morning sickness to come into play , I really didn't like how short I was with my family.  Have any of you experienced some intense lower back pain due to gas?(fx)
    honestly when I think of this I think of when I was a child and going to Disney with my parents and grandparents.  Such a magical time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @KariAnn323 Yay for the great ultrasound! That's amazing!

8 weeks 5 days! It's tiny.

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Mentally I'm doing ok. Getting a bit anxious for my u/s on Tuesday since it'll have been almost two weeks since my last one. Generally just wish I could get my NIPT done sooner rather than later since that's the last big milestone of first tri and I won't feel comfortable until the results for that are in. Physically I am on the struggle bus. I am always hungry but nothing sounds good, especially healthy food. And I realllly want to be eating healthy since my OB said I can follow weight watchers throughout my pregnancy. The hunger is also reminiscent of 2nd tri with my DD where it comes on suddenly with no warning and if I don't eat right away it's nausea city.

Last early u/s Tuesday!

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? TGIF! I am exhausted. We moved last weekend and have been going non stop. I also had to leave work Wednesday to take DD to the emergency room for some stomach issues she was having. They sent us home and said everything looked ok and we have to follow up with her GI next week. So it's been a crazy week.

Ugh I don't vacation enough. I'm lame and my favorite place is Disney World!
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options

8 weeks 1 day

I’m feeling a bit better this week mentally. The further along things go the more cautiously optimistic I’m getting. Physically I’m ok, slight nausea but nothing too bad. The fatigue is getting me, especially since I’ve got a very active four year old. 

Had an ultrasound on Tuesday to monitor the hematoma. It’s still there but the baby is too and looks great. 

We’re dog sitting an adorable beagle until Sunday and it’s been so nice to have a dog around, but I’m also remembering how much I hated sweeping up dog hair. 

Gah so hard to pick. Probably Queensland, Australia, particularly the Daintree rainforest. The Canadian Rockies are a close second. Also the Caribbean. I’ve already told my husband I want a week on an island at an all inclusive for my 40th birthday. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dubcompanion and @BitterBetty12 I hope your kiddos are feeling better! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KariAnn323 I'm glad your U/S went well! 
    @tosh24 luckily they dealer is footing the bill for everything since I literally just bought it. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    6+5 according to LMP

Physically I feel really good which makes me nervous but I'm not sure if it is because my last pregnancy was pure hell or what! Mentally I'm still wrapping my head around our little surprise... But also attached!

Friday June 9th I go in to discuss my antidepressants and what to do there. This baby wasn't planned so we need to discuss risks/benefits etc

We are currently rennovating our house (and have been since I was pregnant with DD2 haha) and the finish line is now in sight. I was so excited for her to finally have an amazing nursery/bedroom and now this little surprise may screw those plans up. Totally minor I know, but I had such severe perinatal depression, PPD, and PPA with her and I something inside me just feels like I need to do that for her...

Hubby and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it!
  • Options
    @dragonette505 I'm sorry your nausea and sickness are so terrible! It's good to hear from you and I'm glad baby is looking good in there. I thought the most amazing transformation when I was getting my weekly ultrasounds was from week 7-8 last time. And 9-12 is pretty insane too!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    8 weeks, 2 days; size of raspberry 

The all-day sickness comes and goes, which puts me on edge. I still have scent aversions. 

My next appointment isnt until June 26. Last pregnancy I was seen every two weeks by maternal fetal medicine because I have Crohn's Disease, but I'm in active remission. This time around, at 39, that's not the case. I am complelty hom edge. 

I feel happy and blessed to be pregnant.

I've been quite a few places, but I love traveling within the good old U.S. I studied abroad in England and then traveled to Europe. I've also traveled a great deal being active duty in the Coast Guard. 

• Options

7w5d- a jelly bean

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Tired, exhausted, a little queasy but not too terrible. Mentally I'm doing a bit better. I'm past my previous lost milestones and hoping once I have a good US I'll be able to relax a bit and start getting excited. 

On Tuesday- it feels like the closer I get the slower time moves. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant to myself. I picked a really bad time of day for my appointment. DH was stressing about going because he'd have to take the whole the day. So in a moment of sympathy I told him I'd be fine to go by myself. So now I'm worrying about a bad US and being by myself. 

Hmmm that's tough. I've been to Europe and really liked it but I think I'd have to pick St Lucia. We honeymooned there and it was amazing!

I'm on the app and struggle with tagging and remembering names but I'm hoping everyone starts feeling better soon! Including the kiddos who have had rough weeks! 

Me (25) DH (33), Married 10-29-11

TTC since May 2012

9/13 BW suggests irregular/no ovulation

9/13, First cycle clomid =BFN

10/13, HSG =  Everything normal

10/13,  clomid #2= BFP on 11-4-13, EDD 7-8-14,  MC 11-11-13

Surprise BFP on 1-11-14, EDD 9-18-14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    8w2d and can fit on a dime

Not super great but like others, sorta glad to have the symptoms. I should’ve been 9-10w along when I had my MC... but the u/s only showed a gestational sac, no yolk sac and no fetal pole, so it’s likely the baby stopped growing after only 4-5weeks and I didn’t know any different because that was my first time ever being pregnant. So. Kinda glad to have symptoms but they can be really rough at times. 

And I cry so easily now, usually related to stories of loss. Reminds me too easily of the loved ones I’ve lost.

I have had anemia issues since my 20s and I’m getting lab work done today. My hematologist is watching me closely now that I’m pregnant again.

How often is your doctor tracking you? With history of MC, I don’t know what’s a “normal” appointment and follow-up schedule to make sure everything’s A-OK this time around

I really enjoyed Iceland - I went on a 7 day backpacking trip. This was a waterfall we saw on Day 3. Iceland is so unique. Basically no trees. And no mosquitos!

I’m also a huge fan of visiting our National Parks. They’re so beautiful and breathtaking! We’re planning a babymoon to Sequoia & Kings Canyon, which we’ve never been to before.

I agree w/ Hawaii too! This world has so many beautiful destinations, I’m awe-struck by God’s awesome glory in it all. 
  • Options
    @featherchicki I feel like there is no 'normal' for when / how doctors follow up with loss moms. My OB followed me closely in first tri with DD more because of my own anxiety at first than anything. Also every OB in general seems to follow a different protocol in the beginning. Some see you for intake at 6. Some at 8. Some do ultrasounds in the first visit others only talk and do blood work, etc. I feel like it's a bit more standard starting at 12 weeks. Visit every 4 weeks until 28, then every 2 weeks until 36, and then every week until delivery!
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    @BitterBetty12 Thanks! I went in at 6w for an u/s but not scheduled again until 11w for a bunch of other stuff, labs, but no u/s they said until the 20w anatomy scan. It’s hard to not worry during all those weeks inbetween u/s!
  • Options
    @featherchicki Iceland looks amazing! 

8+3 Raspberry

I really can't complain too much. Still constantly nauseous and tired with sore boobs, but not vomiting or food aversions. Mentally, I'm still detached and just anxious for some reassurance at my first appointment next week. 

Still June 6th.

None today.

5. GTKY: What's the best place you've ever visited/traveled/vacationed 
    Wales and Northern Ireland. Beautiful places, lovely people. And I love the accents. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 6 weeks 5 days, based on US

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically?  My anxiety is getting the best of me...i started spotting early Sunday and went to the ER.  They only did blood work (because we had an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday) and said everything was fine,  relax.   Tuesday's appointment US appointment came and we saw the HB.  I thought that'd relieve some anxiety.... but nope.  I just keep going to worst case scenario.

our next appointment isn't till the 26th.  That's not helping the anxiety. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? my husbands being my rock.  I know this isn't the easiest on him either,  but he's been there for me when I need him. 

St. Lucia... hands down the most beautiful place.   Seriously the best weddingmoon ever. 
  • Options
    @katethemom I hear you on the detached thing. I am definitely way more detached than I would like to be. I mean I want to be guarded. But I think I have the walls up s Little too high. H has also been really guarded and I think that contributes to my feelings. He’s starting to warm up a bit more now though and it’s almost making me uncomfortable because I’m not ready yet. 
    DD Born 06/23/17 3

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you, and how big is baby? 5w 3d; size of the 'm' on a m&m

2. How are you feeling? Mentally and physically? Feeling fine so far

3. Any appointment updates? Finally scheduled an u/s for Thursday to rule out ectopic

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm a little irritated that they waited so long to schedule an u/s, my ob called it in over a week ago and I had to call today because I still hadn't heard anything. *TW* By Thursday I'll be past 6 weeks and when I had my ectopic pregnancy before I started bleeding around 6 weeks so I was hoping they would do one sooner.

5. GTKY: What's the best place you've ever visited/traveled/vacationed to? I haven't done a whole lot of traveling, but my favorite place I've been to is Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. Loved all the animals and views, it was beautiful. 
    **TW**
    BFP #1 5/5/13  MC confirmed 5/9/13
    BFP #2  9/24/13  Ectopic pregnancy + partial right tube removal 10/18/13
    BFP #3 8/13/14 DS born 4/24/15
    BFP #4 1/13/16 DD born 9/17/16 
    BFP #5 5/16/18 EDD 1/29/19

Lilypie - Bze6

• Options
    @BitterBetty12 My H is the same way. He's not nearly as anxious about everything as I am. I just don't think I can get to that point until I get into the second trimester. And even then, I know I'll still be on edge. 
  • Options
    My DH has a really hard time too. He was just as broken every time I've had a loss so now every time I call him from another room he freaks out and runs to see if something is wrong. If I'm upset about something he just assumes it's because I discovered blood. So I have to preface everything by saying, "I'm fine. ..."  He's finally starting to feel a little more confident because we've seen the baby twice now and we're almost past all of our loss milestones. We need to make it two more weeks before we will start to relax a bit more though. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    5W 5D

Great mentally and exhausted physically

First one on June 19

Its number 3 for me. With the first two I gained way too much weight, ended up with pre-eclampsia, and c-sections. I’m worried the same will happen this one too. 

I loved the Dominican Republic.
  • Options
    @eleven_ how are you hanging in there? Is your U/S today or tomorrow?
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • Options
    @AmandaV88 I think that’s probably a normal feeling — I won’t feel completely good until there’s a baby in my arms, and even then I’m still nervous. I’m trying to enjoy the moment, but it’s so hard to not want to fast forward...

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @eleven_ I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes!!!!!! Sending you all the good luck,  warm and fuzzies!!!
  • Options
    So happy to hear about all these good appointments! 

@eleven_ I’ll be waiting with you tomorrow, I have an appointment at 1pm.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @julesf817 Tomorrow can't come soon enough! FX for you  <3
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker