November 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in w/o 5/30

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone-filled craziness that is pregnancy! Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

GTKY: Summer is here (if you live the South for sure)! What are your summer plans?

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 5/30

• Options
    mrsdrezmrsdrez member
    16 weeks. Past milestones 
    I'm still throwing up almost every day and my boobs are super sore. 
    I was just thinking about the fact that I haven't bought a single baby item.. Not sure if it's procrastination or  if it's PGAL brain thinking I'll jinx it. 
    Next appointment with OB is June 11th and the anatomy scan is scheduled for June 20th. 
    5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    One of my cousins passed away very unexpectedly last week. I'm still so upset about it. 
    GTKY: Summer is here (if you live the South for sure)! What are your summer plans?
    I work in a school board so I get summers off, but our summer doesn't start until the beginning of July. I can.not.wait. We bought a house so we move in mid-July and I plan on spending a lot of time at my parents' camp. But no other fun adventures planned. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones?14w6d, past loss milestones.
    ms and most food aversions have gone away. indigestion in the evening, but much milder than last week. hip pain, maybe due to spd, but also just genetically bad hips. overall, feeling so much better.
    3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? anxious about: 1) difficulty gaining weight (tirade in high risk check-in). 2) possible shared placenta complications. & 3) quitting/weaning off b6+unisom.
    i have an appointment next week, officially starting my eow ttts monitoring ultrasounds at mfm.
    dd1 is STILL at her gma’s and gpa’s, having a blast, but now that i’m feeling better, she’ll be coming home this weekend. i know she’ll be happy to see me and dh, but i think she’ll have a hard time transitioning back to normal (boring) life at home. i really need to look into finding a preschool for her this fall.
    nothing brag-worthy. trip to alabama in july for dh’s gma’s 90th birthday. if this 2nd trimester is uncomplicated, i’d like to fit in a few trips back to my hometown for beach-going and seeing old friends.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @highsteaks I'm in Alabama, what part are you visiting? Also, yay for gma's 90th!

@mrsdrez I never bought anything for ds until early third tri, so I wouldn't worry to much about not buying anything. 
  • Options
    16w3d, past my milestones

I'm ok. Heartburn is driving me mad and I'm waiting to hear from my dr if they called something in for it. 

Anxiety wise, I'm ok, most of the time. I'm waiting to hear when my MFM appt is. It has me nervous that my bile acids, while still low, went up a whole point in 3 weeks. That is a big jump in a short time. 

Just waiting on MFM

Just trying to survive the heartburn. I have to put in a whole lemon in my water just to be able to drink. It's bordering on ridiculous how much crap I'm going through just to eat and drink. My appetite has completely left. I eat because I have to, but not because I'm hungry, which I'm sure isnt good.

Beach trip the first week of July, which I'm excited about. Prolly some pool time at a friend's because summers in Alabama are basically the 7th circle of hell. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow huntsville! it will be my 3rd trip there to see them, but my first in the summertime. i am so glad that i’ll only be 2nd trimester and not 3rd while we’re there in july.
    also, i can’t believe your doctor STILL hasn’t gotten back to you. i’m glad to hear that it’s not as bad as it was, though.

@mrsdrez i didn’t buy anything during my first pregnancy until i was 19w, right after we found out dd was a girl. then, it was an avalanche of stuff  :D 
  • Options
    @highsteaks Huntsville is about 2 hours from me!. H has family in Athens, which is right north of Huntsville on the Tennessee line. It will be so hot, so just prepare yourself. Tank top and shorts and AC, and you should survive. 
  • Options
    highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited May 2018
    It will be so hot, so just prepare yourself.
     :'(  :'(:'(

also, so looking forward to southern food! ever been to greenbriar’s in huntsville? sweet tea, hushpuppies and white sauce mmmmmmm
  • Options
    mrsdrezmrsdrez member
    @wildrainbow @highsteaks I guess I'm not doing too badly then haha. I guess I'm just comparing myself to a friend who had everything purchased for her babies before I was even comfortable telling people about my pregnancy. My husband has even bought the baby a onesie! (a Pearl Jam onesie lol, but a onesie just the same). I'll get there eventually. 
    Stay cool southern peeps! 
  • Options
    It will be so hot, so just prepare yourself.
     :'(  :'(:'(

also, so looking forward to southern food! ever been to greenbriar’s in huntsville? sweet tea, hushpuppies and white sauce mmmmmmm
    I haven't been to Greenbriars. But white sauce sounds Devine! H makes his own that we put on chicken and it's do yummy!
  • Options
    @wildrainbow hey, white sauce kept room temperature in an open tip squeeze bottle is safe to eat while pregnant, right? what is in it?
  • Options
    @highsteaks Mayo, white vinegar, lemon juice, and we add black pepper. I think you would be fine because the vinegar and lemon juice nullifies the mayo. You know?
  • Options
    @wildrainbow thanks!

@mrsdrez that totally give me an idea for a thread of cute things that our dh’s and so’s have purchased for this or other pregnancies—you should start one!
  • Options
    mrsdrezmrsdrez member
    @highsteaks Feel free to start it! 
  • Options
    Really feeling for you southern peeps out there! We just turned our AC on in CT  :D
    @mrsdrez so sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin. 

14w2d, past loss milestones

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Feeling better these last few days but don't want to jinx myself! 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? I've been doing pretty well but I'm starting to get a little anxious. 

4. Any appointment updates? This is by far the longest I've gone not seeing the baby since conception since we were with an RE. Next appointment is just an OBGYN appointment but I'm hoping she will bring out the traveling ultrasound machine again to quell my anxiety.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Super crazy work week this week (colleague was out the last couple of days which means I play double duty, and it's a busy time of the month for us anyway). Looking forward to the weekend and glad this was only a 4 day week! 

Trying to plan a babymoon, but can't find anything good that's still available in the areas we'd like to go. Possible locations are Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Block Island, the Hamptons. Kicking my PGAL brain for not wanting to jinx anything by booking early, and for waiting so long to think about it.
  • Options
    I'm so glad to find this board and feel a little less alone! 

14w3d. Past my own personal miscarriage milestones. However, when I was a little girl my mom lost a pregnancy, which has always been a huge part of our family narrative, late in week 13, so I know I'll feel loads better after hearing the HB at my 16week appointment. 

Pretty good. Right now, I'm loving every twinge of round ligament pain, cause it affirms that I am indeed still pregnant with a growing uterus. 

The best I've felt yet, which, as you can tell from my previous comments, is still pretty damn anxious. I had a speck of brown on the toilet paper last night and again this morning. I wouldn't even call it spotting, but boy did it get my heart rate up. Still, I haven't called the doctor or cried yet, so that's a win for team anti-anxiety. 

My OB does only 'em every six weeks until near the very end so I am eagerly waiting the next one which is still two weeks away...... 

I am a huge fan of the Bachelor franchise and am super excited that the new season of the Bachelorette has just started. DH and I watch every episode together (though usually after they air), cracking up the whole time-- it's oddly one of the few TV shows we both love. 

Glad to be in the second tri during these summer months cause it's going to be a crazy one. My workload has nearly doubled- but in a good way, mostly. And, vacations-wise, we'll spend a bunch of weekends with DH's family (and on work retreats) in beautiful northern Michigan. We also have a ten day long trip to Bar Harbor, ME planned with my family. Very exciting!  
  • Options

14weeks, 4 days. I have passed all my milestones.

I am actually feeling great. Most of my symptoms are gone actually. The only thing left is my bigger than normal boobs! Unfortunately, I have a belly so I can't even see a bump yet. 

Lately, not so good. I stopped weekly appointments at 12 weeks. I have had my regular OB appointment and MFM. Now I don't have another one until June 18th. My mind is playing all kinds of tricks on me and I find myself getting more and more anxious that something is wrong. The only thing that helps is I have been feeling the baby for over a week now. I don't feel him every day but sometimes when I lay down and that does make me feel better. But even that can bring anxiety if I lay down and don't feel anything. 

No appointment updates. I haven't had one in 2 weeks. My next one is June 18th. 

• Options
    17+4, past any previous loses 

Hungry, tired, stuffy nose, crazy dreams 

I started feeling movement about a week or so ago, but it’s slowed down a bit which has me anxious. I have a Doppler and can find the heartbeat, but it still has me on edge. 

A/s next week

Went camping last weekend. Man, camping is a lot of work! Lol 

A few things planned, trips to the zoo, a week at our family lake house. But mostly, I’m trying to keep this summer stress free. I want to spend as much quiet, one on one time with my daughter while I still can and enjoy playing in the yard and little things like that. 

• Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 16w5d - past my loss milestones

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Pretty good. Sciatic pain, cramping, some braxton hicks starting already, and I'm exhausted. Part of the exhaustion might be because DS started waking up right at 6am or before the last couple weeks. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Ok although not as good as I was doing. I've read they are normal, but the braxton hicks contractions are making me nervous (even though it's only 1-4 a day). I'm anxiously awaiting my anatomy scan!

4. Any appointment updates? Nada until 2.5 weeks!

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): DS has been getting up soooo early. He used to sleep until 7-7:30 a couple months ago so 5:30-6am is killing me especially since I'm not sleeping well anyway. I met my besties baby yesterday and took some fresh 48 type pics for them. He's perfect, and I think I did a decent job!

Just to stay busy with DS without dying of heat. We have an awesome zoo here (when it's not too hot), children's museum, splash parks, etc. We'll probably do quite a bit with my bestie and her kids too unless DH gets offered and accepts the job he's looking at. Then we'll be moving to somewhere where I will know zero people, so we'll see what happens.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @mockingjay1 I think I've started the Braxton hicks as well. I've been guzzling all the water and that seems to help. Along with milk, don't ask me why. Ds was on a super early wake up kick too. It lasted about a month and now hes back to 7-730 wake ups. Hopefully your ds will do the same
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 congratulations to your bestie!
  • Options
    Sorry guys, I'm trying to get over a rough cold and I don't have the energy to fully participate in this thread right now. But I wanted to tell @emjohn517 that the same thing happened to me when I first started feeling movement. I would feel it every once in a while, but then would go a couple of days without feeling it, which had me really nervous. But everything is fine now and I'm feeling baby regularly throughout the day. I noticed in those early days that I would only feel the baby when I was sitting very still, usually at work since I have a sedentary desk job, so maybe try that to see if you can feel it any better. 
    @mockingjay1 I'm sorry you're having BH already. :( I hope that it stops soon so you can relax a little. That would make me nervous too. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland I hope you feel better soon. Summer colds are the worst. 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland makes sense. I remember hearing that some days they’re going through major growth spurts and tend to be sleepy and quiet in there. 
  • Options
    @offtoneverland - I hope you feel better soon! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green