October 2018 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change (May 30)

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 21 weeks to 22 weeks on Wednesday 5/30, so my “ticker” changes on Wednesdays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: If you were a dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (May 30)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size are babies?

22 weeks! Coconuts

2. How are you feeling?

Tired!! Having a harder time falling and staying asleep..

No

Sort of stressed! My registries still aren't done, the basement/our bedroom/nursery still needs to get started, everything costs so much!!

5. GTKY: If you were a dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?

Money would be obsolete, people would work on a trade or barter system for what they need. Schools and hospitals would be the first things fully stocked with supplies and the importance of knowledge wouldn't cost anything

• Options
    @knottieamusements yes to mandatory social skills! Also some sort of customer service job for a year.

@mamabearcj  my registry is barely started. Seriously, the options are overwhelming! 

• Options
    drb2424drb2424 member

20 weeks, banana

2. How are you feeling?

overall pretty good.  I am having more pelvic and hip pain, mostly with position changes.  Sending OB a message today to see what she thinks.

AS on Friday!!!!!!

Starting to get more sad about DD not having my full attention and what it will be like when #2 is here.

Full time work schedule would be flexible 3-4 days. Free quality childcare for working parents.

• Options
    @halfanewt seriously!! I keep thinking I've crossed so much off my list then I go back and I still have SO MUCH on my list!!  :s my SIL texted me the other day because she checked out my registries and was confused because there wasn't much on them.. I was like tell me everything I need then! I'm clueless and DH is worse with any of this lol I'm definitely to one with baby knowledge... 
  • Options

22 - coconut! 

2. How are you feeling?

Finally feels weird to lay on my stomach, which is a default relax position for me. Otherwise, good! 

Nada 

Flew back from DC last night and the kiddo behind me threw up. Twice. I get that things happen, but the dad waited like half an hour to clean it up both times. Super sensitive sense of smell not a bonus... 

Shorter work days, mandatory siesta, celebrate all the little random “holidays” like chocolate chip cookie day! 

• Options
    @mamabearcj right? I may be in denial about how many things a small child actually needs. Then the research into narrowing down each thing. Yikes. I’m *almost* at carseat/stroller decision, I think. 
  • Options

Sort of stressed! My registries still aren't done, the basement/our bedroom/nursery still needs to get started, everything costs so much!!

It'll all work out!! ....or so I keep telling myself. 

VENT: We lost our house last year during Hurr Harvey (Aug 27).  We sit here summer again and still don't have a house.  We've bounced around 4 different places.  We're trying to buy a house - we have money but the market is so freaking bad.  Crazy prices for tiny houses - we'll have 3 boys and need space.  If the price isn't crazy expensive an investor scoops up the property for cash and flips it for tons of money.  We moved into my mom's (4 people in 1 bedroom!) in January because it was short term solution because we'd buy a house in the next few months.  6 months later and nothing - so we're moving into an apartment Jun/Jul.  Want to get the kids settled in before school starts in August and then they go through another adjustment when little brother joins in October.  We have zero furniture so we'll have to buy everything. I'm borrowing a ton from my brother since his little girl was born in November.  I can't buy a single thing because we have zero space for it - focusing on just getting a car seat and frame stroller. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mamabearcjmamabearcj member
    edited May 2018
    @tropical1982 I'm sorry to hear you lost your home, and that you're struggling to find one!
    I hope you guys get settled fast and get everything you need in time!
    ETA
    @halfanewt I found car seats I really like! Now I'm looking at strollers, double vs, single, one of each? A bouncer, a swing, a walker toy thing, 
    I think I have most* of the small stuff done!
  • Options
    @tropical1982

Wow- that is a nightmare!  I’m so sorry you are dealing with that.  At least there is time to get settled before baby comes.   
  • Options
    @mamabearcj @halfanewt

FTM, so no clue what I’m doing.  I basically went and combed through blog posts on what you need to put on your registry, and went from there.  After looking at a bunch of those posts, I realized, babies don’t need a lot, but blogger Moms seem to think they do?

Also, the only items I am really researching are strollers and carseats.  Everything else seems to be what works for a particular mama/baby.  

Finally, people tell me to out things from “different price points” on the registry, and I’m like “umm- no.  If it isn’t something I think I might need, I’m not going to register for it.”

Short version- if you don’t want it on your registry, then don’t put it there.  People will buy what they think you need anyway.  
  • Options
    @knottieamusements I did a lot of blog searching too, there are some things I just don't see necessary and others I never would have thought of! I got a lot of the basics on there and things I'm hoping so be bought so I don't have to for a little while like lotions, body washes, bottles, etc
    The bigger ticket items I have are because I don't think anyone will buy them but I'm looking for the discount after the fact, like the carseats, stroller, cribs, especially needing two of a few things it'd be amazing if anyone got me any of those things.
    I'm putting what I'm hoping to get/need so that I have the list of what needs to be bought still. 
    The only things I'm putting a lot of research into were the car seats, a stroller, the cribs (only to find the cheapest ones I like).
     I'm getting there just slower than I wanted.. 
  • Options
    rc-colarc-cola member
    @tropical1982 that’s so awful. Hope you are able to get settled soon!
  • Options
    @tropical1982 <3<3  I hope you find a home of your own soon, I can't imagine what you've been through. 

Also, f*ck Harvey. I've had co-workers whose house flooded in the 2016 tax day floods, and then again during Harvey, months after they moved in. It sucks. We finally moved back into our office last week, and hurricane season is already upon us. Fingers crossed we are luckier this summer! Definitely a fear of mine to not be able to get to the hospital to deliver.
  • Options

Busy work day, finally catching up on the board today!

20, a banana!

2. How are you feeling?

Totally normal. Always hungry. 

Nothing for a while. As my doctor told me last week, here comes the boring part of pregnancy!

I *think* I might be starting to feel actual kicks or punches instead of just random flutters that I can’t tell are baby or gas! Excited to see if it gets stronger and more frequent soon! I have an anterior placenta and was getting kind of bummed that it might be a while before I felt definite movement. 

Mandatory beach parties, childcare, healthcare and education for all!! 

• Options

19 mango (I looked it up this week!)

2. How are you feeling?

Good!

Nope

Whoever wrote that book Toddlers are a**holes clearly never had 5 year olds

An education system that’s actually good for kids. None of this making 5 year olds sit all day or teaching to the test. They’d learn social skills and be active. Memorization for the sake of memorization would be outlawed and in order to graduate, students would have to show that they have enough knowledge and skills to be productive members of society. (And to be dictatory, anybody that doesn’t graduate by the time they are 20 gets kicked off the island, except in the case of handicapped students: they’ll be evaluated based on their abilities. I’m a dictator, but not completely heartless).

@mamabearcj My twins were my first and we don’t have a single stroller. We used a double snap n go when they were in their infant carriers and then got a city mini double. I never felt like I needed a single because anything that I needed a stroller for I had both kids with me. When I took one out at a time it wasn’t anything that I needed a stroller for, plus with only 1, if I had to carry him it wasn’t a big deal.  Pretty much all the twin moms that I know that had twins first only got doubles.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've been in lurking mode for a few weeks, but finally have some down time to jump back in!

21 - size of a burrito!

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good, although I've been dealing with some SI issues for the past few weeks. I'm finding that chiropractic care and physio are helping, and I finally had to get an SI support belt

Anatomy scan today! Will post in the AS thread :)

Add me to the list of just getting started on a registry/baby list... we're trying to go pretty minimalist, so most of the blogs and articles are just overwhelming and seem over the top

Gosh, I have no idea...