September 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/29

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/29

• Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    So my work is getting to be constantly shorthanded and my coworker and I are being pulled in multiple directions but still expected to perform well and generate revenue in our outpatient office. Our manager wants us to try something new (and drastic) starting in July and it's a huge wrench being thrown into the mix and I just don't see how we're getting everything done that needs to be done.  Neither of us feels like we can speak out because we both feel like if our manager looks at our productivity logs (which I have hardly touched due to lack of time this month), we have room for more "productive" activities. We're frustrated and tired and don't know how to get our point across. Ugh, this is a tough place to be in.
  • Options
    @nlc8424 That is really frustrating. Is your manager receptive to feedback? Can you backtrack and update your productivity log to reflect your work this month? (The whole productivity log sounds awful too :s
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @southernlady07 oh I'll totally backtrack and fill it in, I just haven't had time to do so yet. Unfortunately as a contracted employee (and my manager is too) we are constantly having to please our client and our liaison has recently changed and she doesn't understand our realm of outpatient nutrition  yet. My manager is limited in how much flexibility she can provide to us without forcing us to change. What's also unfortunate is that we have someone out on maternity leave, an open position (with someone new starting next week), but another person is leaving at the end of next month, so we'll continue to be short. She just sees it as a benefit that many of us are trained to work in multiple locations and this is just what needs to be done to get through. She tends to lose perspective of what has to be dropped in order to continue to get all of our work done. Shes understanding, but needs to see results. 
  • Options
    @yosemite2018 I don’t think there’s too many names to be on a finalist list...but I wonder if they’ll all stay on the list. We still have months to go, make sure you’re as willing to drop them off the list as readily as you add them! 
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    @klj0228 your body will let you know if there’s a problem being on your back. If you’re there too long or baby is in a bad position for it, it won’t feel good. I lay on my back occasionally without issues. I wish I could figure out a way to lay on my stomach. God, I miss that
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    I've been laying and sleeping on my back occasionally. Yesterday when I changed positions when I started to feel nauseous, but it does feel so good on my back!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    nackienackie member
    edited June 2018
    @klj0228 like @stothi said, your family is still yours. You may need to set some boundaries if people are trying to get too involved, but it’s totally within your rights to do that. And there will be times you want to share and that you feel oh so grateful for the additional people out there that love your LO. 
  • Options
    @stothi omg that's awful and hilarious! Laughing/crying,  both appropriate! We have a dog, and I'm definitely in denial about all the gross things they do  :D
  • Options
    TW: Loss . . . . . My SIL had a miscarriage this morning and I can't stop thinking about her. I want to take off work and drive the hour to see her but not sure if she wants company.
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    @mrsman2018 oh, no. I'm so sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    @mrsman2018 so sorry to hear that. I'd send something too like the other ladies suggested since it might be hard to see someone so visibly pregnant.
  • Options
    My random... I watched all the old seasons of Mom beginning in February but just realized I hadn't been recording the last season. Now I have to figure out if I want to pay $29.99 to watch them all or wait for the season to come back on as reruns. Ugghhh... I got hooked on them.
  • Options
    @mrsman2018 I’m sorry for your family’s loss. I would call or text and say you’re thinking of her and see if there is anything you can do for her. It would probably be hard for her to see you pregnant. However everyone grieves in different ways so the only way to know for sure is to offer your help to her and her H and see what they say.
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    @SkilledSailor I think you usually start the product spotlight threads? Can we do a thread on what baby sleeps in? I want talk about bassinets and rock n plays and random things like this:

https://www.little-bugzy.com/products/bugzy-hammock

My first born didn't/doesn't sleep well so I'm already having anxiety about trying to find something that this baby will sleep in.
  • Options
    So I fell over backwards today, in a boat, padded seat came with me so the fall didn’t actually hurt. I was sitting and leaned too far back, it wasn’t a big fall. But scared me something awful because I was sure I landed squarely on top of dd. Like I froze and started assessing her and if it was safe to move before even thinking of what the fall did to me. She was totally fine, a bump on her arm that didn’t even leave a mark. I was fine, but all day since have been waiting for something to start hurting. Now my tailbone is sore and the muscle above the bump is sore if I use it...either of those I would attribute to fatigue any other day, so I’m not too worries.  I’m hoping it doesn’t get worse overnight. 

Anything especially concerning I should be keeping an eye out for? I feel like I’m not thinmong of something major. 
    There has been plenty of in utero activity this evening so litte one seems a-ok as well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    @jhjocelyn I hope your aches go away overnight! If you are feeling lots of activity and didn’t fall that far I wouldn’t be too concerned. (Disclaimer: not a doctor). Glad your daughter is ok too!
  • Options
    @jhjocelyn I’m glad you are felling okay today and that your daughter wasn’t hurt when you fell yesterday.