November 2018 Moms

Not related to pregnancy RANTS, RAVES

13»

Re: Not related to pregnancy RANTS, RAVES

• @middleschoolmommy my husband is super add. What I do is make a list of what we need to get done for the weeejenabd it helps him stick to the priorities. What if you explained to him that you are getting stressed because the babies room never seems to make front of his list? Nesting hormones are kicking in and you can't get started without his help with the painting.
  • Guys. My DD4 has been possessed. The past week I swear she is trying to make me go crazy. It’s like a switch for full on ‘tude has been turned on. Almost every interactions ends in her yelling and crying, even the simplest things. I’m trying to stress to her to use her words, and to talk to me about how she’s feeling. But she’s still so sensitive and easy to upset. I’m so frustrated. Any tips? I’ve tried time out, ignoring the behavior, asking her to take deep breaths. But it’s like everything goes in one ear and out the other. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @pink_polkadots Stay strong momma!  I know that I've had less patience with DSD lately and been getting more easily frustrated with her.  I try to remind myself when I'm getting aggravated to be more patient. but that being said, I feel your pain.  I swear it's like something is in the air.  Or some kids just enjoy being upset/crying sometimes.  I will tell M (DSD) something, have her repeat it back to me, and then she STILL will do whatever the hell she wants in a situation.  It's so dang frustrating.  I'm hoping having her every other week for the summer will help vs every other weekend, but still... head meet wall.  

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts thanks for the thoughts. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one. Sometimes it sure feels like it. I do the same thing with my DD. I try to focus on three things she should have, good listening ears, kind words and gentle hands. When she’s not using those I try to talk to her about which one she needs to work on, and I make her repeat back to me the three things she needs to use. And then 10 minutes later we are back in full on whiney, yelling, crying over EVERYTHING. I thought 4 y/o was supposed to be easier than 3! Sure isn’t working out that way right now for me.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @pink_polkadots Could be the change in seasons or change in the routine with summer coming on? It always throws both DD and me off when we have a change in our schedule. No advice though, because we are in the same boat with the whining and tantrum-ing for no reason!

• edited June 2018
    @pink_polkadots you are not alone! I wish I could say she'll grow out of it (and in your case I truly hope she does).  DSD is 7 and we still have the same issues.  It's like she doesn't understand what "listening" means and I don't know how to explain it further to her.  We'll talk to her and her response is always "I have to be a good listener" but then that next step of applying it doesn't happen.  I don't know if it's her age, or what, but it's very frustrating.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @pink_polkadots Emotional intelligence is a huge theme I’m seeing in parenting books. I would continue to talk to her about what she’s feeling, and i would validate her feelings as much as possible. 

“You are upset because you were having fun outside and didn’t want to come inside. I know it’s sad when you have to stop doing something fun, but it’s time to eat dinner.” If she continues crying and screaming just let her know you are there for her if she wants to talk or hug, but I would just let her get it all out. 

I’m a big fan of Janet Lansbury’s podcast called “unruffled” the episodes are typically very short (usually 5-20 minutes).  I often scroll to a topic that’s currently relevant (instead of listening to them all) and listen to that one. And a big thing Janet suggests is staying “unruffled” as much as possible (easier said then done). When a child sees that their behavior is affecting the parent, they learn that their behavior has power over you.