Infertility

New to the board.

I'm 34 and my husband is 42. We've been TTC for the past 5 years without success.  I have mild endometriosis, and he has a low sperm count.  Over the past 2 years we've had 11 failed rounds of IUI, and we've just begun the IVF adventure. At first, our results were encouraging. After our first round of stims we ended up with 9 day 5 embryos. Since we've had so much trouble for so long we went ahead and opted for PGS. We wound up with 1 normal embryo and 1 indeterminate. My IVF nurse was very surprised (as have been all of our physicians at every step of this process). Between my age and number of overall embryos she thought we'd get 4-5. She's sending our info to the geneticist as we had multiple chromosomal abnormalities (which, apparently, is rare). I also now have to have an endometrial analysis performed before my FET to make sure that everything is timed perfectly. I'm trying to keep my spirits up, but after awhile, it gets very overwhelming. My DH is wonderful and is the most supportive person ever. Sometimes it's just nice to be open with other ladies having the same issues. This has taken such a huge mental/physical/emotional toll that it's hard to explain sometimes.  We live in a state with no IVF insurance coverage, so every step of this process has been out of pocket. This 1 round of start to finish IVF is all we can afford, so we were really hoping for better results from the PGS. I'm glad we did it. I can't imagine doing FET after FET and not understanding why it didn't work. It looks like we'll end up doing the FET around September. Here's to hoping.

Re: New to the board.

• Welcome! Sorry to hear it has been so hard. I would be so frustrated in your shoes, too. But you can explain how you feel on this board - everyone will understand. Best wishes. 
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited May 2018
    @fnlfng33 ((hugs)) I can relate on so many levels what you are going thru! We sent 6 to be PGS tested and only 2 made it. The 1st transfer failed, so now doing an ERA as well to make sure 100% timing, etc is being done at the right time. Welcome to the board! I pray your ERA will give you some answers so you can go into your FET without any extra worries <3 We also have no fertility coverage, so that stress on top of everything can start to feel like an extra burden. Do you know when about you'll be doing your ERA?
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • fnlfng33fnlfng33 member
    edited May 2018
    @kristimh80 Thank you so much for your kind words. It stinks that we all have to be here, but it's so nice to have each other. Sending baby dust your way for your next FET  <3 AF should be here within the week, so I think that means my ERA will be mid-July. They want me on lupron and estrogen beginning in my next cycle with the following cycle being the ERA.  What about you?
  • Thank you so much @jelisha12, @scully127, @monikadavid for reminding me to keep my chin up. All is definitely not lost, and the encouragement is welcomed. I do have faith in my clinic as their rates are high (especially with PGS normals), so I'm still hopeful. Baby dust to all of you <3   Full disclosure: I've never joined a message board, so I wasn't sure what I should expect. Very glad we have each other on this journey!