TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Week of 5/28/18

1. Introduce yourself (if new):
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: What do you do for a living, and what would be your dream job? 

Bonus question: does anyone have an interesting back story behind your screen name?  I always map on a story to the names :D

Re: TTCAL Week of 5/28/18

• edited May 2018

Status? TWW

R/R: Not temping during the TWW is making me feel much less BSC. I haven't opened FF in a few days. I think I'm 6/7 dpo. I've had some things I'd be googling like crazy but I'm just meh about it. I could get obsessive in the next few days but for now I feel calm and content. I am thinking I may actually test early this month. If I don't use the last test I have, it won't be any good next cycle and neice won't be home so H and I can enjoy the moment if it's BFP.

4.GTKY: What do you do for a living, and what would be your dream job? Currently assistant office manager "soon to be offoce manager" if a car dealership. My dream job is to own my own fish store.

Bonus question: does anyone have an interesting back story behind your screen name?  I always map on a story to the names D SN is a love of butterflies, purple, and 11 is from the fact that H and I started dating on June 11.

• 2. Status? Beginning of TWW
    3. R/R: I got my AHM levels back 1.03, so now I'll be Googling that at all opportunities today, but I know it's low :(
    4.GTKY: What do you do for a living, and what would be your dream job?  I work in legislation and litigation for the Canada Pension Plan.  I would love to have my own photography business.

Bonus question: does anyone have an interesting back story behind your screen name?  I always map on a story to the names D I love the Sherlock Holmes series on Netflix, and the interplay between Sherlock and John, so that's where the Baker Street Boys name comes from :)

• Loading the player...
  • @prpl11butterfly Good call on not temping this month.  I'm toying with the idea too, especially because the AC is messing with my temps.
  • Kath525Kath525 member
    1. Introduce yourself (if new): not new. Ttc since 1/17. CP 3/17. NMC 9/17.
    2. Status? CD5
    3. R/R: rave- TW* living child mentioned* we decided we're going to homeschool DS so I got the school room mostly set up this weekend. It was really fun *End TW*
    Rant- clomid is making me feel really hopeful this month and I'm dreading being disappointed. I haven't been hopeful in a long time and i don't want to go back to the point where I'm upset for days when AF shows.
    4.GTKY: What do you do for a living, and what would be your dream job? SAHM and I also substitute teach twice a week. So yay for summer break!
    Nothing interesting behind my SN!

@bakerstreetboys I'm sorry your levels weren't as high as you were hoping. 
  • char245char245 member
    edited May 2018
    2. Somewhere around 6/7 DPO
    3. My parents were in town this weekend which is always so nice! The TWW is killing me! I do t want to test early but I need to know the moment I get a positive bc I will need betas and they will start progesterone then (no idea why they don’t start it earlier).
    4. TW *living child mentioned* I’m a SAHM and I teach FIT4MOM classes.
    Bonus: My cats name is Charlotte- Char and my niece used to tell us that she was 2-4-5 when she was only 18 months. 

@prpl11butterfly like as in the kind that go in aquariums? That would be fun!
    @bakerstreetboys TW *living child mentioned* I really wonder how much AMH levels matter. Ten years ago (I was 23) and I donated eggs for my sister and my level was only 1.9. Two years ago I had my DD with no trouble and now my level is .7 so although my numbers don’t look great (And never have) I feel like I still have a good chance at this! My sisters level was .3 and she also went on to have a baby with no intervention. And your number is at least better then both of ours so I think you have a good chance as well!!
    @Kath525 homeschooling sounds exciting! A couple of the moms do it in my neighborhood and get together and support each other which I think is awesome! 

Edited to add some missed words :)
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if new): *TW loss* I just had a natural mc at 6 wks on May 8th. No real answers of course, but it was my first so they think it's just a fluke. We've been ttc for about 1.5 years, I have pcos and have been on metformin and femara. *TW end*

2. Status? Benched until next cycle. 

3. R/R: I'm so done with pregnant women complaining about their symptoms, especially if they know I had a loss. Thats just rude. I would give anything to switch them places! 

4.GTKY: What do you do for a living, and what would be your dream job? I am currently a veterinary technician. I've always said my dream job would be a paleontologist! I'm kindof a dinosaur nerd...

Bonus question: does anyone have an interesting back story behind your screen name?  Sagems is a nickname :)

• @Kath525 Fingers crossed that clomid does it for you!  Nice that you're feeling hopeful too!

@Char245 It may be worth asking why you can't start progesterone once O is confirmed.  That's am amazing thing you did for your sister :)  Thanks for the good news story.

@sagems10 Sorry for your loss.  And yes, I agree, it's super rude and unthoughtful to complain of pregnancy symptoms to someone who has suffered a mc.  FX you aren't on the board long.

• etnyahetnyah member
    2. WTO

3. Rave: I got a letter from USCIS saying they'll reuse my biometrics from my previous Green Card! Most people have to go in again for their renewal, but now I guess I don't! I hate going in there, plus I'd probably have had to take a whole day off work. Not fun. (For context: My temporary GC expired and I've applied for a permanent one, it's all standard procedure for when you enter the US on a Fiancee Visa)

4. I'm an office manager and safety coordinator at a small, family owned construction company. My dream job is to be able to live off my art, but I don't have the guts. I like financial stability too much, especially now that we're ttc. Maybe someday I'll just have a part time office job and make/exhibit/sell art the rest of the time!

Bonus question: Uhh, not very interesting. It's probably not very smart to use, but it's my surname spelled backwards. I couldn't think of anything that wasn't already taken! Since I also use my own picture I doubt it's hard to find out my identity, but I mean... it's not like I'm posting anything sensitive on here. If someone I know finds this I doubt they'll be shocked a married woman in her late 20's is trying to have a baby. 

@sagems10 I'm so sorry for your loss. Can't believe someone would complain about pg symptoms near you, that's so insensitive! Here's hoping you don't have to stick around here much longer!
  • 2. Status? CD23/10DPO and officially a SS lunatic with a POAS addiction this month :D

3. R/R: 

RANT: WHY is it hotter in Minnesota than it is in Texas? Thank god we have an AC unit in the new house - we left Wisconsin a day early as our friend who hosts the Memorial Day Bash we go to each year does NOT have AC. It was a fun time but not a comfortable time.

RAVE: I just got the new Beachbody nutrition program (2B Mindset) and am excited to start it. I officially start next week. They have a modified version of the program that can be used during pregnancy so I am good if that happens soon and while I love exercising, it's optional with this program. For me that means I can mix it up. Swimming, strength, yoga... I can do anything I want! I am planning on doing their 3 day refresh this weekend if I am not pregnant. AF is due Friday/Saturday so if I don't have a positive test on Friday morning I'll give it a go (and keep testing through the weekend of course until I get a positive or AF arrives).

4.GTKY: What do you do for a living, and what would be your dream job? I do client support for software. I am at the highest level of support and work closely with our Program Managers on the R&D side. I think my dream job would be writing! I'd love to be a writer but I just don't have time to do it and don't even know if I am any good.

Bonus question: does anyone have an interesting back story behind your screen name? It's a nickname from high school combining my name (Bethany) with my friend's name (Jessica). She's Jessany. Apparently we spent enough time together for others to smoosh our names together? The number is the year I was born. And she's the friend who got married at the beginning of May so I guess our names getting smooshed together must have had some magic.

@prpl11butterfly I am glad that you are having a better TWW just by stopping the temping. I think I might try it next month. No harm in relaxing for a couple weeks where all I can do is... nothing really. This month it's been weird because I for sure can see which nights I slept with the AC versus without.

@bakerstreetboys I love your screen name and kind of wondered if that was the reference.

@kath525 Jealous of your summer break - enjoy it!! 

@char245 I was sooo stressed at the beginning of this TWW. I just didn't have a good feeling about this cycle and then I was crazy SS immediately. I've actually gotten better now that it's almost over but I can't imagine having to test early like that every month. Have you asked them why they don't just put you on it earlier?

@sagems10 So sorry to hear about the loss that has you benched. Waiting for my cycle to come back was so hard. And I feel like TONS of people I know are pregnant or just had babies. It's painful to even see much less hear about though I try not to get upset because they are just totally living in their own headspace and not mine and I wouldn't wish for them to EVER know how it makes me feel sometimes I just have to walk away. It's certainly insensitive of them and totally ok for you to say something if you need to when they KNOW you have had a recent loss. I hope you have a short visit here, FX you are off the bench soon.

@grebetso Yay for reusing biometrics for your Green Card!! I didn't realize you were in the US on a visa - where are you from?

• char245char245 member
    @bethica83 we did ask but I honestly can’t remember the exact answer. Basically I think it boiled down to she didn’t think it would have prevented my CPs. I have considered asking again to get a more straightforward answer but I think we are moving to IVF in July so I guess it doesn’t really matter all that much at this point. Hoping things go well for you this month!!
  • etnyahetnyah member
    @bethica83 I'm from Norway, came here in 2015! I'm not on a visa anymore though, once you're married the visa expires and you have to apply for a temporary GC, and then you're a permanent resident. They don't give you a proper GC until you've had your temporary GC for two years, which is where I'm at in the process now.
  • @grebretso That's great that they'll use your previous info!  My husband has put off getting his Canadian citizenship because it's such a hassle (and he's been here for 16 years!).  Funny about your screen name; I had you down as Greta ;) 

I like the story behind your screen name too @bethica83

@char245 Exciting that you may move to IVF this summer too!  I was on progesterone for a few months but I'm not taking it this month because it turns out my levels are fine...so it wouldn't have prevented my losses either.

• Status? Waiting to confirm O.  My temps only slightly rose yesterday and today so not sure it really happened despite the trigger shot on Friday and IUI Sunday 

3. R/R: had great long weekend in MI visiting my family and celebrating my birthday 

4.GTKY: What do you do for a living, and what would be your dream job?   I’m a federal law enforcement officer   This is my dream job from my childhood   However now that I’m in it it’s not all that lol 

Bonus question: does anyone have an interesting back story behind your screen name?  I always map on a story to the names mack  comes from my surname and it’s what all my coworkers called me before I married the number was my first badge number 

• lin0442lin0442 member

2. Status? Had septum surgery last Thursday. Benched for 1 cycle post-op. Kind of CD3, but it’s not a ‘real’ cycle right now.

3. R/R: So tired today! I rested so much this weekend, you’d think I’d be sick of sleeping by now. Also, I’m not supposed to lift anything heavy this week, but we need to get groceries so badly. I won’t go against dr’s orders but I hate having chores unfinished.

4.GTKY: What do you do for a living, and what would be your dream job? I work in healthcare IT/labs- it’s a pretty good gig. I don’t really know what my dream job is- I used to want to be a doctor, but I know enough about the job now that it no longer holds the same appeal, lol! 

Bonus question: does anyone have an interesting back story behind your screen name?  My first name is Lindsey, hence the Lin, plus some numbers. So boring. 

• lin0442lin0442 member
    @Mack2342 Happy belated birthday! It must be nice to have the weekend to visit people and celebrate!

@grebretso Glad you don’t have to deal with the biometrics hassle! Also, I feel like safety workers have a really tough job- so few people want to listen to common sense!

@sagems10 Listening to pregnant women  complain is the worst, agreed. Sorry you had to listen to it. 
  • Thanks everyone for your kind words and support! Y'all are so so sweet. It's nice to talk to people that understand.

@char245 my cat's name is Charlie, but I call her Char or Charmander most of the time :) I love the name Charlotte!

@bethica83 I've started just walking away when it gets too bad. It's at work so I can usually just take my work elsewhere for a few minutes. Thankfully we haven't worked the same shift for a few days so is been a nice break! 

Also, just wanted to share a random happy thought! We went out to eat Chinese this weekend and the fortune I got was "the treasures of the rainbow will soon be yours". I know it was just a silly fortune cookie, but it made me smile :)

• char245char245 member
    @sagems10 If I got that fortune I would definitely be reading into that, taking it seriously and saving it!! LOL We got Chinese this weekend and I kept opening the cookies hoping for a fortune like that... not sure opening more then one is allowed haha
  • Hello.  I have been following this board since my loss at  6 weeks on May 4.  I had one totally normal pregnancy prior and was pretty heartbroken about the MC.  It didn’t help that our 16yo Jack Russell Terrier died the next day.  Total devestation that weekend.  My doctor gave me the clear to try whenever I felt ready.  It was hard to tell without having a period but I felt like I was hitting my fertile window shortly after my bleeding stopped.  We gave it a shot and low and behold I got a positive HPT on Memorial Day.  Just got my blood work back today and my hcg was 50 with a progesterone of 46.  Still having a hard time believing that I could pregnant again.  Waiting to tell my SO for Father’s Day.  Fingers crossed this little one sticks.  
  • 40momma40momma member
    edited June 2018
    Hi ladies, 

I'm feeling like I haven't been on here in ages. I've been busy at work and busy at life. But I'm still not ku so here I am.

CD15. 

We've been trying to buy an investment property but we keep losing out on the good deals. So frustrating and yet this is kind of what I do for a living. I'm a mortgage broker so I know the stress of buying real estate already. Now that it's our turn for the stress of the offer I can't handle it. Ugh. 

My username is because I got pregnant at 40, my first one. So I joined the board very excited. But that one ended in a loss. And then two more losses that year as well. Now I'm 41... 

I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow. I'm off to get some action

Edited for fat fingers 
  • char245char245 member
    @40momma buying a property sounds exciting but definitely stressful! FX you get a great deal soon!!
  • @40momma good luck with the house hunting.  I love and hate that process.  It’s so much fun looking but then when it comes to the bidding process and whether you get it so nerve racking 

@dpjennifer hey lady so nice to hear from you.  I was going to post something about that very something.  Someone else did the very same earlier in the week never posted but came on to boast about their HPT.  I ignored the first one but with this 2nd one it really bothered me and I was going to say something.  I totally agree.  such a slap in the face @mtnmama3940  

• Mack2342  Ugh. How rude. I get it, you're PG and you want to shout it from the rooftops. How about you actually shout it from the rooftops and leave us alone!?!?  Just saw it and had to post... so people know I'm still alive and still bitter.  :)

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer I think you posted what all of us are thinking. Thank you. I hope you’re doing ok 
  • @dpjennifer thank you for coming out of hiding to reply to that. This and the other post similar have been on my mind since reading them and I'm just not here for it. 

Apparently this didn't post this morning....
  • myjessesgirlmyjessesgirl member
    edited May 2018

And now back to our normally scheduled programming:

1. Introduce yourself (if new): Not new but not very active on here. CP in November after 5 months of trying, now 9 cycles in and still waiting for that rainbow. 

2. Status? Expecting AF tomorrow, already obsessing with HPT’s but all I have gotten are the same old BFN’s. I’m taking progesterone now but just left a message with my GYN to see if I should get serial testing started (they started the progesterone without serial testing because I had a low level years ago). 

3. R/R: My sisters due date is two days after the anniversary of my loss in November. She’s a constant complainer. Every little symptom is mentioned. She has had a mc in the past so should know better. So when I realized the dates were so close I’ve now spent the last week crying a lot. 

But, yay! We are starting work on redoing our kitchen! It’s not fun living in a torn out shell of a kitchen for now, but it’s still functional until we pull everything down. Debating whether we should buy a new refrigerator, too, with these awesome Memorial Day sales happening. 

4.GTKY: What do you do for a living, and what would be your dream job?  I’m a nurse practitioner for a Nephrology practice. I see mostly dialysis patients so it can be depressing at times. My husband sometimes thinks that it is bizarre that I talk so nonchalantly about death. *Edit: forgot to add my dream job, probably because I’m sort of living the Dream. Flexible schedule, close relationships with patients, not too much paperwork. Maybe I’d prefer doing something a bit less depressing, but I really do love my job.*

Bonus question: does anyone have an interesting back story behind your screen name?  I always map on a story to the names: No real story. I should make up something more interesting, but it’s my initials and some numbers. Fun, right?!

• justariusjustarius member
    edited May 2018

Wishing for rainbows for all of us soon

1. Introduce yourself (if new): posted on the May benched board but otherwise new so...just had my first pregnancy & first loss at 8wks 3days at the beginning of May after two years of trying. More details on the May benched board if you’re curious...but I don’t want to trigger anyone with the details here. 

2. Status? Not doing anything to prevent but haven’t had a period since my MC yet. I haven’t seen my specialist to figure out if I can go back on my fertility meds yet, appt mid-June

3. R/R: My sister has had two MCs and has two live children but she keeps saying dumb things like ‘well if it doesn’t work out you can always have one of mine’ she should know better >.<

4.GTKY: What do you do for a living, and what would be your dream job? 

I’m a neonatal intensive care nurse. It’s been Really hard going back to work since my MC and I don’t think it’ll be easier again until I get my rainbow baby. But it really is my dream job so I hope it’ll get easier soon.

Bonus question: does anyone have an interesting back story behind your screen name? Just a neat name from one my favourite novels :) 

Edited because only my first sentence posted for some weird reason 

• @justarius So sorry for your recent loss. It must be very difficult doing what you do in the NICU. It takes a huge heart for you to handle all that goes on there. Why is it that we stick to careers that can be so sad yet so very rewarding?? I guess the second part of that question answered it! 
    And sisters can be so strange! They can be so insensitive! 
    Hoping you hear good news from your specialist and can restart when you are ready. 
  • @AGM0616 I’m So sorry for your loss and long hard road as well. I know they say time heals but after a certain point time starts to hurt more too. I hope you get a BFP instead of AF this week!
    You’re so right these kinds of careers can be so rewarding despite being so difficult at times. But it sure gives life some purpose too.

I’m also sorry about your sister as well. I have two co-workers that are pg right now but they’re very sensitive to my loss. 
    @sagems10 sorry to hear your co-workers aren’t being sensitive to your situation. I find even just being around pg co-workers (or pg ladies in general) hard nevermind if they were complaining about their symptoms all the time...
  • @justarius I’m sorry for your loss! My sister is also a nicu nurse and went through all of this as well. I always thought it must be so hard for her but such a wonderful thing she was doing for those babies! FX your stay here is not long!
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if new): I am Janetta. Been trying for almost 19 years now to have 5 losses. and no living child. 
    2. Status? Right now waiting to ovulate in a few weeks
    3. R/R:
    4.GTKY: What do you do for a living, and what would be your dream job? I haven't worked since 2013. 

Bonus question: does anyone have an interesting back story behind your screen name?  I always map on a story to the names D  Drew is short for my husband name Andrew and Darlin is name he started calling me when we dated. So I am Drewsdarlin

• @char245 thank you and I’m sorry for your losses also FX to you as well that your time here is almost over! I’m hoping your sister has been a good support for you through this ❤️
  • @drewsdarlin welcome.  I’m so sorry for your losses.  Hopefully new RE can assist you with take home rainbow.  
  • @drewsdarlin Welcome to our group and I’m very sorry for your losses.
  • Thank you all. 
  • @drewsdarlin So sorry for your losses. Your SN backstory is really sweet! (See, if I would have been smart and original, I would have chosen Jessesgirl as my SN! Maybe I will... You are an inspiration! Haha)
  • AGM0616 said:
    @drewsdarlin So sorry for your losses. Your SN backstory is really sweet! (See, if I would have been smart and original, I would have chosen Jessesgirl as my SN! Maybe I will... You are an inspiration! Haha)
    Thank you. Aww thanks. LOL!