Postpartum Depression

Not myself

These hormones are insane.i feel completely different,i didn't expect to feel so sad. I just cant control my emotions,im 11 weeks and i am just tired of not feeling like myself.i know this is just the beginning i have a long way to go. I want to feel like me again.anyone feel kinda lost?

Re: Not myself

• BTDT. I could tell by week 4 that something wasn't 'right' with how I was feeling. I cried at everything. I wasn't disconnected, I didn't hate my baby, but I was... more than sad. More than tired. Couldn't focus because I just felt like my switch was on "off." It lingered until I convinced my doc to put me on something and even then, I had to ask them to up the dosage again because it wasn't quite enough - I was on Zoloft for almost a year.

Hugs, don't feel ashamed, don't feel like a failure. Is there anyone to talk to, to support you? DH helped me a lot by convincing me it was okay to take breaks for myself, to play games or read.
  • You are not alone and I think reaching out is very brave and important. Self care is so important. Not just because you need your health to take care of LO, but because you deserve to feel good for you. I know how hard it is to get any time to one's self, but I think you may feel hope return to you if you promise yourself even just 10 minutes a day entirely just for your benefit and stick to it.