October 2018 Moms

Re: FFFC 5/25

• Options
    I hadn’t cleaned my kitchen in a week and a half. The only reason I did last night was so I didn’t come home to that mess on Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Wait? we aren’t supposed to buy ourselves shit that we put in the registry?  Ummm. No.  I don’t expect anyone to actually use my registry, so, no, not going to happen.  

ETA: But yes, I’ve been taking the couple of things I’ve bought off unless I genuinely don’t mind duplicates. 
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited May 2018
    @knottieamusements I was always taught by my relatively old school mother and probably grandmother (too young to remember, but she was all about rules for ladies...) to wait until after any shower or event, but I have a hard time imagining anyone cares in today’s world. My mother will definetly cringe at me a little. :)

edit: plus I don’t think my friends have looked at it, nor would I expect them to, so hopefully they won’t notice things disappearing. Of course mom has already been googling for it!
  • Options
    @chopchop25 - My mom must have left that one out because she pretty much hates registries.  (Which is where I get my attitude that nobody uses them anyway from...). :p
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I bought the big items that I didn’t expect anyone to buy waaaaaay before my shower. Like my crib and the pricey bouncer I *had* to have and never used. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    My Mom freaked out when she found out I started setting up registries middle of first trimester. She was afraid that my aunt and her daughter would find them before we announced...
  • Options
    Yum, hard cider! Maybe I'll have a little corona when DH is home next. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I have bought items off my own registry. Especially now days where there are so many discounts for buying off the registry, a lot of people (myself included) put big ticket items on there just for the discount code. Don't feel bad. Etiquette is real, but also an evolving thing.
  • Options
    Add me to the 5oz of wine club. I’ve only done it a few times, but it was SO good. Gave me wine headaches tho. My tolerance is zero. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    Oh I take sips of my husbands beer everytime he opens one.....which is...often LOL
  • Options
    Those that add big ticket items to your registry for the discount....if said item is purchased do you return it to get the credit and then buy item again with discount  
  • Options
    jynjer4jynjer4 member
    edited May 2018
    My confession.. I finally got my car registered here in CO. After living here for over a year. The OH registration expired 6/17. Never got in trouble for it. Yup I’m a lucky procrastinator.
    ETA: Feels great not having to avoid cops pulling up behind me at traffic lights!
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited May 2018
    @slitzee I don't think your image loaded :(
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    Aw man! It's showing up on my end...
  • Options
    @slitzee Stupid Safari. It's showing up when I flip to Chrome. Sorry for the fake-out <eye roll>
  • Options
    @sliztee I see it! The Dr phil gif?
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    Stupid Safari.
  • Options
    @jynjer91 - a friend of mine did that.  He actually got pulled over once for speeding and was surprised he didn’t get cited for his tag.  The cop told him “different state, their problem.” 

I think it finally became his problem when either his property taxes came due, or his driver’s liscense had to be renewed.  
  • Options
    Sweet!  I figured out how to Spoiler a picture on the app!
  • Options
    krzyriverkrzyriver member
    edited May 2018
    @missmaehurt Oh my gosh! That face! Z and I are coming over to play asap! ;)

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @missmaehurt Ahhhhhhh! Adorable!!! <3 
  • Options
    @knottieamusements That looks like the better choice to me! 
  • Options
    @missmaehurt adorable!! 
    +1 to having a drink on a super rare occasion! I love orchards and miss not having them.. 
    My confession: cleaned the house and didn't wear gloves, it was only the Clorox wipes but we don't have gloves and I had a lot of cleaning to do
  • Options
    @krzyriver Definitely, hopefully they’ll all wear each other out!!
  • Options
    @missmaehurt adorable!! 
    +1 to having a drink on a super rare occasion! I love orchards and miss not having them.. 
    My confession: cleaned the house and didn't wear gloves, it was only the Clorox wipes but we don't have gloves and I had a lot of cleaning to do
    Omg this is my second pregnancy and I tossed that rule right out the window. Otherwise bottom line, nothing is getting cleaned. Dh was taking on cat litter duty (until our cat passed two weeks ago) so I’m trying not to decline all household stuff. He does everything outside.
  • Options
    @HoosOnFirst sorry to hear about your cat!!
  • Options
    @SawyerRichardson - That’s what my Mom said!

@HoosOnFirst - So sorry to hear about your cat.  I don’t think I could deal with losing a pet right now.