Infertility

New here (losses mentioned)

edited May 2018 in Infertility

Hello :)

I am brand new to the world of IVF.  I'm 40, and DH is 42, and we have been trying for 11 months, with two losses in the last five months.  Due to my age, my family doctor made a referral to the fertility clinic, and after a long three month wait, we had our consult in April, where we were sent for the usual battery of tests.  Yesterday, six weeks after starting our test, we had our follow up appointment.  I have endo, which I have known about since I was a teenager, and other than that, my age is most likely the reason for the losses.  Our RE gave us the option of starting with IUI or moving right to IVF, and since I don't feel like I have time to waste, we're jumping right into IVF.  I went for AMH blood work this morning, so I should know my numbers tomorrow.  We go back next week to sign our consent forms and get our protocol.  I have been reading about this for months, but will no doubt have tons of questions!  I'm not sure exactly when we'll start treatment, but I'm going to join the June IVF thread :)

ETA: I'm active on the TTCAL thread, which is a great group of women.  I'm hoping to "meet" more here.

Re: New here (losses mentioned)

• Hi @bakerstreetboys and welcome!  Sorry for your losses. This is a great place for questions and support. Hopefully they can get you started soon. I’m not a patient person and feel better when there’s something active happening. You can check out some older IVF threads too. There can be a lot of good information in them. 
    See you around the boards (hopefully not for too long though ;))
    Me: 32 DH: 33
    TTC since 05/2015
    Dx: Unexplained infertility
    **TW**
    BFP 10/14/16, MC 11/09/16
    IUI 12/06/17 - BFN
    IVF #1 05/18 - 11 retrieved, No Fertilization
    IVF #2 05/19 in Prague - 15 retrieved, 12 fertilized via ICSI, 9 blasts: 1 fresh transfer, 8 frozen. BFP - 1st beta: 43. 2nd beta: 57. 3rd beta: 88. 4th beta: 112. Bloodwork, ultrasounds and waiting until we figure out what's going on  :(
  • @sarah_fox Thanks for the welcome.  Patience is not my strong suit either, so this has been a difficult journey so far!  I have definitely been reading through some of the older IVF threads...so much to learn!
  • Loading the player...
  • roisisroisis member
    Hi and welcome @bakerstreetboys . I've dipped my toe into TTAL too so I recognise your name :) I'm so sorry for your losses and that you've ended up here, but you're in a good place. It sounds like a wise decision to move straight to ivf and that you're getting started really quickly which is great! Hopefully this will be the solution you need. And fire any and all questions at us - it's amazing how much knowledge some of the women here have gathered. Best of luck xxx
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• Thanks @roisis I recognize your name as well ;)
  • Hello. How are you doing? Welcome to this thread. I hope you have a great time here.  I am really sorry to know about you loss. It must be really agonizing for you. Losing your baby one after and another is really heart breaking. It is good to see you are still hopeful. You decided to move on. You have planned for IVF. I am sure it will work for you. My sister is an infertile lady. She was diagnosed with PCOS. The idea of IVF worked for her. She is now a blessed with a baby girl. I hope things go smoothly for you.Sending baby dust to your doorsteps. Stay positive. All the very best!
  • hey there. how are you doing? I hope ist all great. I am really sorry for your pain. I know it must be hard. I wish you good luck. I hope it gets s better. I hope you are staying strong. it opes you take good care of your self. IVF is a blessing. It will surely help you. I will be waiting to hear more soon. Take care. good luck. Love and support. A lot of prayers to you.
  • roisisroisis member
    Just when we think we're rid of them.....
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• Hey everyone. I'm new to The Bump! I'd like to share my story. Please don't show sympathy, though. I'm past my struggles. I've put them behind me. I've had a couple of miscarriages. Spent a few weeks in therapy, after. However, after all that I've finally moved on. My DH was a great support, throughout. I just read all your stories too. I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I'm glad we can all relate to each other. It's good to be somewhere, where people can relate to your problems. Hope to enjoy my stay here!
  • anaredanared member
    @bakerstreetboys I am so sorry for your losses. Wishing you the best of luck during this time!