July 2018 Moms
Options

BF Monday 5/21

Re: BF Monday 5/21

• Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    I’m tired, I’m sore, I have limited patience, I have a headache, I want chocolate and this house is chocolate-less  :s
  • Options
    I already bitched in the randoms thread, but I have the urge to bitch again. I’m really overwhelmed by everything I need to get done both in my personal and work life, and feel like I can’t do it. Even trying to make sure I exercise Every day to keep my blood sugar in check is stressing me out and depressing me. I just finished putting my son to bed and decided to lie down while waiting for dinner, and immediately started cramping bad. it seems like whenever I finally try to relax at the end of the day, I get cramps and contractions. I kinda just wanna eat ice cream and cry. But I can’t eat ice cream (well not more than half a cup). So I guess I’ll just cry, which is nowhere near as fun.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So what my toddler's ophthalmologist meant when she said surgery is something we'd discuss far down the road, was really "your son needs surgery but we'll do glasses and atropine for 2 months to rule those out." Awesome. I would have liked to prepare over the last two months and schedule it in advance rather than fitting it in 48 hours from them dropping the surgery bombshell when my husband will have to take him since I CAN'T EVEN BE THERE! And while I'm venting about medical professionals (who I really do adore), "eat more" is not always a valid option for someone in their 3rd trimester. 

@zande2016 Ugh. I'm sorry. Sorbet instead? Hope you get some time for just YOU soon. Also, raspberry leaf tea is shockingly for cramping. Well, that and guzzling water. I swear, 3rd trimester so far has been like "Oh, you're a sip under the new, superhuman hydration standards? Here's some Braxton Hicks until you drink your weight in water. Don't worry, I'll throw in some downward pressure so intense you can barely walk to the bathroom after." Lol

@wildtot I hope you get your chocolate soon! That is seriously the last straw sometimes. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @zande2016 I’m sorry your not getting much relief with the contractions. I don’t personally understand your GD struggle but my heart goes out to you for all you have to do. 
    @d_marie_23 ugh that stinks about not getting enough notice. 
    DH is making cookies so hopefully that will do. But now i have more dishes to wash  :(
  • Options
    @d-marie_23 I’m so sorry about the surgery! I’m sure it’s hard not being able to be there. I’m sure I’m not drinking enough water, I do drink a lot but when you’re pregnant it’s just never enough. @wildtot cookies sound amazing! The diet is annoying but I can deal with it, it’s the constant pressure to monitor myself and do everything right so I don’t hurt my baby that really gets to me. I just want my body back (I know, I won’t really get it back thanks to breastfeeding)
  • Options
    @d_marie_23 so much yes to all of that! I'm so sorry about the surgery though :( I'm a planner too so that would drive me NUTS

Well the good news is the destination wedding crap is OFFICIALLY over.  The local reception was this weekend - and it ended just about how you would expect from the rest of the drama. First we were told to be at a brewery for wedding photos for 11 - well kids weren't allowed inside so DD and I had to sit in the trunk of the SUV and wait.  Of course coffee hits and I really had to poop and couldn't do anything because I couldn't bring DD in with me, so I just sat there trying to fart to relieve pressure while my 2 year old yells "MAMA POO POO".  Then on to the restaurant reception site (whole bridal party got there 30 min early to find the wrong number of tables, the groom's name was spelled wrong on the menu cards, and gift table wasn't right - so bride flipped out until they fixed it all).  No seating plan, but bridal party got yelled at for sitting at separate tables spread around the room.  Since it was a restaurant there was a banquet menu where you picked 1 of 3 entrees with described protein and sides/sauces.  Long story short - restaurant decided to take the tilapia over lemon risotto and asparagus and serve it over the primavera swimming in tomato and olives and angel hair.... Didn't work so well for the 2 women who were gluten free and the pregnant lady who's avoiding tomato heartburn... So 3 of the 8 people at my table alone send back their entrees, the two gluten free individuals come back out in like 20 min, mine was supposed to be the same but didn't come back for at least another 20 after that and was half the size.  Didn't get out of there until 5 pm, all in all DD was an ANGEL especially for not napping all day.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @d_marie_23 I'm sorry about the surgery and the poor communication/late notice.

@gingerbride26 Kudos for your DD being awesome. 

I realize it's no longer Monday but I have a Tuesday BF.

I have an ultrasound today and I was really hoping DH could come. It's either the last one or second to last one, unless they change their minds AGAIN and move forward with weekly monitoring. DH said he'd try to take a half day to be there and I knew the chances were slim to none but I still got my hopes up.

It's not his fault and I don't want to make him feel bad about it because he's amazing and does everything for his family but I'm sad. His work is super demanding, he leads a team of people and there is just no way he can make it to my appointment at 1 this afternoon. I just feel really sad about it today, plus I always get anxious on the days of my appointments. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    (BF+confession) Ugh i hate having a work cell phone. Everyone and their mother want to talk to me and I’m just not in the mood. I just want to block my calendar for the day just so i look busy. Leave.me.alone!
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I'm glad the shenanigans are over for you! What a mess! But glad DD was good for it all, that would have made it harder!

@runsomewhere I understand that disappointment. I hope the ultrasound is uneventful but sorry that your DH cannot be there. 
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I was wondering about the bridezilla's wedding! Glad DD was awesome but the rest sounds pretty nightmarish...