TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Week of 5/21/18

1. Introduce yourself (if new):
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: What is something you do that drives your partner crazy? 

Re: TTCAL Week of 5/21/18

• char245char245 member
    2. WTO, CD12, just got peak on OPK so should move over to TWW tomorrow!
    3.Had the absolute worst headache last night that made me nauseous! I’m attributing it to hormones. But feeling good and hopeful about this month!
    4. I obsess about things. Luckily my DH is extremely patient! For example, every night I worry about if our DD is too cold or too hot and I ask him each night what he thinks, I’m sure that gets old lol. 

• 2. Status? WTO CD8
    3. R/R: potty training this past weekend.  Saturday he did ok Sunday evening he was going without being prompted.  Today he want to daycare and they have tried but he held it until they went to the playground then he wet himself.  I don’t know if it’s just needing to get over being at daycare and going potty or if I need to take a few more days from work and work with him some more.  
    4.GTKY: What is something you do that drives your partner crazy? I never make decisions about dinner. For the most part I don’t care about food.  I’m a sweet person. I would rather eat sweets than a meal but obviously I don’t   However I have very little opinion on meals and it drives him bonkers.

@char245 I obsess about whether DS is too cold too.  He won’t sleep with a blanket for nothing.  In the winter I would go in before I went to bed and cover him up.   It would last for maybe an hour and then he would uncover himself.  I always ask DH about too and he always says I’m sure he’s fine but if you feel better cover him up 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mack2342 eek potty training! Such a difficult transition time. Can't blame him for being uncomfortable outside the house if that is it yet.

2. Status?
    CD 15, I am 3DPO. Timing was not what I hoped for this month but it is still "good" per FF.
    3. R/R:
    Rant: I have a big memorial day trip coming up and no cat sitter. Our cats are extra needy - we need more than "just stop by and fill the food and water dishes once a day" kind of sitter. I am thinking we should ask a neighbor but we are new to the neighborhood and I feel so awkward just knocking on their door and asking them to hang out with our cats over the weekend. And if they all have plans??? ugh.
    Rave: My husband bought a $2 fire pit thing at a garage sale last weekand cleaned it up. We've used it 3 times already! It feels so good to be able to just sit at a fire and chill out in the evening.
    4.GTKY: What is something you do that drives your partner crazy? Oh lots of things... mostly, I leave stuff on my desk and forget to close cupboard doors!
  • 2. Status? WTO.  Got positive OPK on lunch so tomorrows possibly the day

3. R/R: Rant- DS is being treated for Lyme after a localized reaction to a tick bite. Spent a good chunk of Fri night at the ER. Then becausehe's allergic to amoxicillin, the RX they have him on is $400!

4.GTKY: What is something you do that drives your partner crazy? I leave clothing where it's removed. Socks at the front door, bras on the couch. I'm just not great at pitting things away when I'm done with them.
  • char245char245 member
    @Mack2342 ugh potty training, I’m so not
    looking forward to that! My DD is only 22 months but she asks to go all the time now. So as soon as we get back from the beach in June we are gonna go for it. Any advice is welcome! Haha 

@bethica83 I totally understand about your cats! Mine is my first baby and any time I have to leave her I obsess about that too! I leave long detailed instructions for whoever is watching her, I’m sure they think I’m nuts!

@prpl11butterfly  that’s so scary! I’m sorry you all had such an awful Friday night! I’m so worried about ticks but it’s not like I can keep my DD inside all the time. 

• edited May 2018
    @char245 I obsess about ticks! I know we can't keep them indoors, but for us thats not even safe. They come in on the dog and then end up on us.

@mack2342 I'm the same with dinner. I always wait until last minute and try to get DH to decide. And also, DS never kept blankets on either but now that he has a weighted one he does.

@bethica finding pet care is hard with special needs. I hope you have luck finding someone! 
  • Kath525Kath525 member
    1. Introduce yourself (if new): Ttc since 1/17. CP 3/17. NMC 9/17.
    2. Status? CD 23... Who the heck knows..
    3. R/R: rant: started spotting again tonight. After a 4 day break. That means of the last 23 days I've been spotting or bleeding 14 of them. Ugh. My body is going haywire. I'm. Not. Happy.
    4.GTKY: What is something you do that drives your partner crazy?  Leaving lights on. Also checking bbt in the morning when he's sleeping haha.

@prpl11butterfly eek so sorry to hear about your kiddo!
    @Mack2342 I'm going to start potty training next week. Not looking forward to it although DD is clearly ready.
  • etnyahetnyah member
    edited May 2018
    2. WTO, CD6
    3. R/R: Had my OB appt today and explained my weird cycles since my CP. She said it's normal to have a couple wonky cycles, but not for this long (my CP was in Jan), and especially not spotting for two whole weeks (it's finally easing up. FINALLY!). Thankfully everything looked good to her, so now I'm just waiting for my blood result to see if there's a thyroid issue or anything else. If the next cycle is weird too, she recommended an ultrasound. She reassured me and said most likely things will resolve on their own, fingers crossed she's right.
    4. The pile of clothes next to my bed. Or that I never put away my clean laundry, I just grab stuff from the hamper to wear. It's ok though, he likes to let dishes "soak" so we're even.

@bethica83, @char245 & @prpl11butterfly Good luck moving over to TWW!! 

@Kath525 ugh I feel ya. Sounds like we're in the same boat. It really sucks. 

• 40momma40momma member
    CD6 and feeling crappy to be back here

Rough few days. Sprained my wrist biking, spent my long weekend stiff and sore and feeling sorry for myself

I'm a horrible roommate. I'm messy and leave big piles of clothes everywhere. I hate cleaning except for unloading the dishwasher, I find it so rewarding. 

@bethica83 it may be too late now but we use sites like housecarers.com you can get a house sitter cone to stay at uour home to care for your pets. Some people find that weird to let a total stranger in but the site is trustworthy and we've used it a few times with great success. In fact, my dad actually house sits all the time, it's a great way to see new places and spend his retirement 
  • @char245 Good luck in the tww!  We use the wearable blankets for DS; I love them because they're safe and he can't kick them off!

@Mack2342 Good luck with the potty training!  Hopefully your daycare provider is patient and can spend the time needed with DS.

@bethica83 I hope you found someone trustworthy to look after your kitties!

@prpl11butterfly What a crappy night!  I'm terrified of ticks too; I hope your DS is ok.

@Kath525 So frustrating.  I'm sorry your body is still trying to figure out what to do :(

@grebretso Sounds like your OB appointment was a least a bit reassuring.  Hopefully this is the last wonky cycle for you.  Mine definitely took a few months to work itself out...I think it's still doing so since my second loss in January actually.

@40momma I hope your wrist is better soon!  I broke mine a few years ago...crappy injury!

2. Status? CD10, waiting to O.  Will start OPKs this afternoon.  Hopefully I won't be doing them for nine days like last month!
    3. R/R: Nervous/excited for our follow up appointment tomorrow, finally!  I also have a long overdue hair appointment, so I'm looking forward to that too.  The long weekend went by way too quickly, and I can't believe I'm back at my desk already!
    4.GTKY: What is something you do that drives your partner crazy?  Hmm, probably being way less organized than him.  I tease him that he's OCD...and I am most definitely not!  I'll toss the laptop charger on the table, and next time I walk by, it will be all coiled up neatly.  I think he'd put a bow on it if he could! :D

• Reading through the GTKY answers, we sound like we're bunch of slobs with neat OCD partners. Makes me laugh!
  • @char245 so we did no pants for Saturday and Sunday and by Sunday evening he was going on his own.  He had accident yesterday at school and they put him in diaper ugh but they did get him on potty twice which was successful!  I read a few books to determine what I thought would work best for DS and the “OH Crap potty training” book was the method I liked best.  However I am rewarding him with small little toys and books.  

@kath525 I’m so sorry your body isn’t cooperating.   I hope things turn around soon.   My DS was not really that interested in potty training but he will be 3 in August and I wanted to get it done.  I tried a couple months back and he screamed bloody murder so I stopped and gave it a few weeks.  After the initial try, he started telling me he went pee so I knew we were closer.  This time no fits so I think we will be ok 

@grebretso glad OB visit went well.  Hopefully your body returns to normal soon 

@40momma I’m sorry you are back here.  It sure sucks.  Sorry about the wrist.  Hopefully it feels better 

@bakerstreetboys keep us posted on follow up
  • Late joining this week - work has been nuts!

1. Introduce yourself (if new): not new, recently returned from hiatus after 4th early loss
    2. Status? TWW, approx. 3dpo
    3. R/R: I missed a deadline at work and it’s going to cost my agency money. Not a lot, but I’m so mad at myself. I never miss deadlines, but I’ve been so scatterbrained and sad lately that it just slipped right past me. On the bright side, I have a 4-day weekend coming up this weekend. Going to relax and try to re-center myself.
    4.GTKY: What is something you do that drives your partner crazy? I chew the inside of my cheek. He hates it!

I think I might be the only neat freak in the bunch! DH is super messy and it makes me crazy.

@Mack2342 Potty training sounds rough - best of luck to you! Also, my DH can NEVER decide what to eat and leaves all of the dinner ideas up to me. It’s so annoying! 

@bethica83 We love our little hand-me-down fire pit that we got from my parents. Unfortunately, it’s too toasty here now to use it, but all winter long we enjoy it!

@prpl11butterfly Hope your DS feels better soon! Ticks scare the crap outta me. We don’t have them here in AZ (except rarely on and around livestock), but I spent many summers in ND covered in DEET and avoiding tall grass!

@Kath525 and @grebretso Hope your cycles get their shit together soon! Unmediated, I’m a frequent breakthrough bleeder, so I feel your pain somewhat.

@40momma Hope your wrist heals soon! That sounds so painful. 
  • char245char245 member
    @cassafrass15 I also chew my cheek, when I’m nervous, bored or reading. It’s a bad habit but I’ve done it forever! My mom does too... I’ll blame her haha. 
  • @cassafraas I chew on my lips and cheeks too... for me it is a terrible anxiety habit and like @char245 it is one I tend to do when I am reading as well! It is going to be hot this weekend but I'll say here in Minnesota using a fire pit in the winter is a no go - doesn't get warm enough for the bitter cold of January and February for sure! Plus our is little, it might get lost in the snow. So we use it all summer no matter the temps! What a bummer about missing that deadline - hope you can enjoy your 4 day weekend and come back refreshed!