January 2019 Moms

HPT progression?

farmerlyndafarmerlynda member
edited May 2018 in January 2019 Moms
I know HPT photos are off limits, but can we talk about HPT progression? I’m PAIF and stressing out over the darkness of lines. I have to wait another 2+ weeks for an ultrasound, and I know the days are going to creep by. I’m thrilled to be pregnant but forgot how hard those first two weeks of being barely pregnant and worrying are! 

I’m 4w4d, and have had lines on FRER the same color as the control since 4w1d. Some days the control is thicker/wider, some days the test line is thicker... but all the same color. I feel like I should be starting to see the control line fade and the test line become darker than control, but I’m not. And I’m worrying because the test line thickness seems skinnier the past couple of days. 

My beta at 13dpo was 47 and 15dpo was 145. I might go in again on Monday for another beta because I’m driving myself crazy. 

How has your progression been? Are your lines the same as or darker than control? Help a crazy lady out... 

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

Re: HPT progression?

• Im 4wk 1d and my line on FRER is the same color as control. I know it is hard, but don't stress. Once the line gets as dark as control it us saturated and I dont think you will see further changes, at least i never have (this is baby 2). Hang in there and don't over think the line.
  • Thank you! I needed that. I know I need to step away from the pee sticks... but it’s so hard! 

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• Loading the player...
  • So many things can factor into it. I test sometimes to see the line but I don’t obsess over the colors and stuff because a line is a line is a line. It has no real bearing on how well the baby is developing either. It just indicates hcg. I get it but try not to obsess over “line progression”.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Last time I got pregnant I tested every day or every other day for the first week and my test line never even got as dark as the control. I looked into it, and turns out it sometimes just didn't get as dark as, or darker, than the control line, and that's perfectly fine and normal. My pregnancy went smooth and all was well. Everyone said to stop peeing on sticks once you know you're pregnant or you'll try to analyse or obsess over it for nothing. 
    If your test line is as dark as the control, isI say it's perfectly fine for it to not get darker! A line is a line :) 
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • kiwielopingkiwieloping member
    edited May 2018
    After my first BFP with a regular HPT I went out and bought one of the digital ones that also predict how far along you are. I think it maxes out at 3+ weeks (since conception so = roughly 5+ weeks) and I assume it does this based on how high the HCG is. If you need some extra piece of mind (I'm also PGAIF so i totally get it) maybe you could try one of these? 
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited May 2018
    So I do think this could have gone in the questions thread but here are some thoughts. 

I am PGAL and kind of an HPT mad scientist. 

My FRER didn’t look that different between 13 dpo to 15 dpo and my hCG went from 183 to 622 (lines were about as dark as control). The fact that your lines are that dark around 4w is a good sign, but it’s not a science and it seems to take getting well into the thousands to have a test line darker than control. (But everyone also processes hCG differently).

My FRER test line was significantly darker than control when my hCG got to 3,383 at 18dpo. And then that was it, no more progression, FRER looked the same after that when hCG was 26,000 and 37,000. Gave up using tests.

First Signal (Walmart brand) actually showed clearer progression once I was past about 14dpo than FRER or Wondfo. But they dry weird so you have to take pics and go by that.

eta - can’t you get betas with your RE? That is going to be the most reassuring thing.