September 2018 Moms
Options

The crazy judgement thread!

Re: The crazy judgement thread!

• Options
    Oh, @BostonBaby1 we do tell her the minimum. She also knows to just not bring up her opinion on a few things because she got shut down hard when we had DD.

She would just not shut up with the food suggestions and alternatives to medicines no matter how many times I tried to calmly and firmly shut her down.
  • Options
    Oh, @BostonBaby1 we do tell her the minimum. She also knows to just not bring up her opinion on a few things because she got shut down hard when we had DD.

She would just not shut up with the food suggestions and alternatives to medicines no matter how many times I tried to calmly and firmly shut her down.
    How does she know you’re on meds? Personally, I would stop spending time with her if she continues to be so miserable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ashh2018 I am behind on my reading of this post.  Your line " Like yes bitch I’m good, thanks for your concern."  made my day!!!!!  I needed that so much.  Thank you!
  • Options
    adiratadirat member
    @AdmiralKitty My hypothesis (not sure if you plan to BF or not) is that it’s good to start the caffeine train now so that when you need copious amounts to feel human when you are sleep deprived with a newborn, they handle it well in the BM!  ;)
    I like the way you think @Wishilivedinflorida !

• Options
    @knitknitread Come on DH. Get it together. 
  • Options
    klj0228klj0228 member
    @adirat haha...I like that argument! Ginger ale made me sick once so I haven’t been able to drink it the rest of my pregnancy. Luckily, my mom said take the medicine!! Even when I was saying I was trying not to take it.
  • Options
    @jhjocelyn You are absolutely doing the best you can. DS is a dairy junky, which I’m sure contributes to this, but his diet is as balanced as a toddlers diet can be. I’m sure these kids have real problems, but why pin it on Miralax? I’m hoping this study will debunk the claims. Millions of infants and children are prescribed this every day. While my heart goes out to these parents, a small faction of kids who have these issues need real help, not just a scapegoat. The science behind how miralax works doesn’t lend itself to any reasonable explanation as to how this theory could be true. 
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida I’m relieved to hear of this study! In all honesty, said friend also has a cfer and when we were struggling, her kiddo was doing fine. Now things have changed, and we’re doing great, while they are having some struggles(not the serious scary kind). It’s hard not to point out that maybe we’re on to something with our methods... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    @BusinessWife mine too!!! I had to stop drinking it at home... Because it was so tempting. I really crave iced coffee. I used to drink a small amount everyday but since expecting, I literally want it all the time. When I'm out and get a cup, this child goes wild. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Oh finally thought of one that's been driving me nuts! 

I think I've mentioned on here before that I'm mostly vegan (vegetarian for the pregnancy because I need so much more protein right now). H and I have long agreed that our LO will be mostly vegan, since that's what I am comfortable with. Well MIL thinks that's nuts and "jokes" about how when she babysits she'll be taking LO to Chik-fil-a for nuggets since he'll need the protein. Like, before he's even a year old. She also "jokes" about sneaking him chicken and fish broth when he starts solids. 
  • Options
    Oh finally thought of one that's been driving me nuts! 

I think I've mentioned on here before that I'm mostly vegan (vegetarian for the pregnancy because I need so much more protein right now). H and I have long agreed that our LO will be mostly vegan, since that's what I am comfortable with. Well MIL thinks that's nuts and "jokes" about how when she babysits she'll be taking LO to Chik-fil-a for nuggets since he'll need the protein. Like, before he's even a year old. She also "jokes" about sneaking him chicken and fish broth when he starts solids. 
    WTF. Wouldn't that just make him sick??
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    stothi said:
    @DanyTargaryen I feel like I'd rather kid have a sip of beer than diet soda as well. I feel like the tiny bit of alcohol scares me less than then chemical fake sugars do.

Exactly!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    @stothi My SD wanted a sip of wine. She's 8. I told her mom, and her mom let her have one sip and then was clear that she needed to wait until she was older to have more. I'm in the same camp as @danytargaryen and you, that sip of beer is better than a diet soda.

@skilledsailor I'd slap her. Seriously? Your child, your choice. We had a lot of these issues with my inlaws. We eat "clean" and don't really buy a lot of snacks to keep around the house. We also have rules that you must try everything on your plate. You don't have to love it, but you have to try it. My SD was starting to not eat items that she had previously loved, and we found out that it was because Burger King, Wendy's and other snack food were what was being eaten all the time with the ILs. It's their choice to eat however they want, but we chose to eat differently, and that was a problem. And in that situation it was hard, since they were helping us out by watching her when we needed help, so it was a difficult conversation to have with them.
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    @Redpuma119 we are super low pressure about trying foods but the other night my toddler wouldn't even look at some of the food on his plate and I really wanted him to try it. I finally asked him to just lick it. Then to put a little in his mouth and he could spit it right back out, "blah," if he didn't like it. Buddy put a bit in his mouth, did one chew, then spit it out in my hand and said, "blah. No thanks." Fair enough, kid, fair enough. My husband laughed hysterically the whole time.
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    @stothi. Our only rule is that you have to try it, not finish it. The faces he makes when he doesn’t like something are hysterical though so that makes up for the pleasure of having him spit it out in my hand. 
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    @tpeci I’m sure it’s even worse for you since you work in medicine. But I totally get not telling her about doctor visits. This winter I called my aunt to tell her we weren’t going to be able to make the trip we had planned to see her since DS was really sick. She tried to convince me I should treat his fever with honey and cinnamon. I was like, thanks but I’m going to stick with the treatment plan they gave us in the ER. That did not go over well. 
  • Options
    tpecitpeci member
    @nackie ugh yeah. Especially for important stuff or child related stuff. Like no, I can follow the advice for more trivial things.... this is a big part of why I didn't want her to be in the delivery room either. We will see how it plays out!
  • Options
    All of these things. Hell, I've gained 25 lbs already, and I know I'm going to end up with more than the 35 I'd prefer, but my only way to cope with first trimester was carbs. And, my only way to cope with second trimester low blood sugar, low blood pressure, and a toddler was more food. and my pelvis stops me from being more active, so oh well.

I get serious crap over cloth diapers (he's only had a rashes in his life, and one he got in the hospital before we started cloth, so obviously that's the issue), over nursing a toddler, nursing while pregnant, not potty training yet, and the fact that my kid doesn't drink anything but water. He's never had milk. Not that I care if anyone else's kid lives on dairy-mine had a serious intolerance as an infant, I can really only eat dairy comfortably while pregnant and he is a great freaking eater-he does NOT need extra calories. He eats more than a lot of women I know, and some men. We don't drink milk at home. Or juice, I think it's important to learn to drink water because I didn't until I was in college. He can have juice boxes on special occasions-but he loves them and typically downs them and doesn't want to eat those days....so maybe later in life when he doesn't throw tantrums when I say no to more, we can work on healthy amounts of juice. Instead he gets jelly beans for behaving during diaper changes or sitting on potty. He gets plenty of other treats, we just make sure to give things in small pieces or amounts so we can ration. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail I know your guy was born a few weeks before mine but no way are we even close to potty training over here. I would be surprised if they were potty trained. 
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @pourmeamocktail and @BostonBaby1 my son turns 2 June 16th and we aren't close to potty training either. As far as I can tell right now he has no interest so I'm not going to rush it!
  • Options
    @BostonBaby1 and @nlc8424 Yup, turns 2 June 6, and some people are already wondering why it didn't happen at 18 months...a, he's not ready, he JUST stopped being terrified of all toilets and potty chairs, and b-his communication JUST this week is good enough to tell us AFTER diaper is dirty. But, people are crazy. And I still remind everyone weekly that I'm not due in June, or having twins
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @nackie I agree, and it sounds like your son might be ready. Mine just isn't, he could be close, but we can't talk yet about "need to poop" vs "already pooped" because he can only say "poop". We just don't have enough word skills for the difference. But people are crazy. And honestly, we are 100% in cloth, so it's not costing money really to stay in diapers, and I'm going to be washing diapers for baby soon anyway. I figure I'm avoiding a potty regression at birth. :shrug
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nlc8424 said:
    *snip* I'm guessing that most people who know me know that I'm fairly knowledgeable and that I wouldn't knowingly do something to put me/baby at risk. Or maybe they just think I'm bitchy and know I'll snap back at them if they do say something hah.
    @nlc8424 YES I have had this exact thought (well, both of them :D) This is totally me. 

@SkilledSailor I dealt with some similar questions/judgment beginning when I got pregnant with my DD and it was so frustrating. My MIL mentioned several times "how worried" she was about my DD not eating meat. I have a feeling (even though I haven't eaten meat in almost a decade and my DD has never had meat) that I will still get questions about whether we plan to feed this baby meat. I am here if you need to vent! 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3