December 2018 Moms

Bleeding scare

Today I am 9 weeks 1 day pregnant and started spotting. I panicked and went to the ER to get checked out. Ultrasounds and blood work looked good (such a relief to see little gummy bear on the screen!) but they said it could be early miscarriage. So now I am taking it easy and trying to stay calm and be hopeful. 

Re: Bleeding scare

• With Ds who is now 5 years old I started hemoraging at work at 10 weeks. His placenta had become partially detatched... 1 blood transfusion, but it somehow miraculously resolved itself.. at the time I was given a 30% of carrying to term, but here we are today! I think it's important just to remain calm (the best you can) and try to relax! Hopefully this resolves and you have a happy healthy ft baby!
  • Thinking of you! <3. Sending positive thoughts your way. 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Loading the player...
  • Sending you thoughts and prayers. I’ll be thinking of you!
  • wildtotwildtot member
    *lurking*
    Just want to say that ERs will usually say there is a chance of miscarriage when it’s this early with bleeding because they are not specialized with pregnancies like an OB or L&D. At this stage it can still be an SCH and could resolve on its own. Definitely follow up with your doctor on Monday. I had an SCH this pregnancy and luckily resolved itself. With my son I bleed all first tri but they could never determine why. He is now 2 yrs old. Best of luck, take it easy, and follow up with your doctor. 
  • If it helps, I had a bleeding scare before my first appointment and then last Thursday (not this past Thursday... but you get the point). The first scare was a little bit of blood. I had my doctors appt the next day where they had an ultrasound and it made my heart so happy. Doctor said everything looked good and to take it easy. No stress. Just rest. Last Thursday though (tmi) I went to the bathroom and there was blood everywhere so much blood. In the toilet, on the toilet paper. I called the on call obgyn and she said if it filled up a pad in 1 hour or less, go to the ER. Luckily, it didn't but they did want me to come in and see the doc the next day. When I went in, they did a complete ultrasound. Baby's heart rate was 167 and there was no SCH, and my cervix was closed. Doctor did say some women just bleed with no real reason. I was 9 weeks 6 days at the time. I hope this helps  
  • Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! It is helpful to hear of similar stories with happy endings. I am resting and taking it easy today and the bleeding has lessened. 
  • To put it into perspective... I'm bleeding again too. Fml.