December 2018 Moms
Options

Plus Size Moms Check In!

Hey ladies, how are you doing this week?

1. Do you have any specific weight gain goals for this pregnancy (either that your doctor gave you or self imposed)? How are you doing so far?

2. Do you have any particular eating/exercise plans or goals? How are you doing so far?

3. What's your favorite maternity purchase so far (if you've bought anything yet) or something you have your eye on?

4. Any rants/raves/questions?

Re: Plus Size Moms Check In!

• Options
    texas_ttexas_t member
    1. Do you have any specific weight gain goals for this pregnancy (either that your doctor gave you or self imposed)? How are you doing so far? 40 lbs because 2 babies

2. Do you have any particular eating/exercise plans or goals? How are you doing so far? I've been exercising 3-4 times a week and TRYING to eat ok, but having a hard time. I'm not nauseated while I'm eating, which means I just keep eating and then I feel really horrible. So, something needs to change.

3. What's your favorite maternity purchase so far (if you've bought anything yet) or something you have your eye on? I just bought 2 pairs of shorts from Motherhood Maternity that I love love love! They're blue jean and so soft and comfortable.

4. Any rants/raves/questions? I'm thinking about getting in with a nutritionist to have them tell me exactly what to eat.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    1. Do you have any specific weight gain goals for this pregnancy (either that your doctor gave you or self imposed)? How are you doing so far?

My OB and I decided 20 pounds would be ideal. I'm doing well so far. I've lost a pound, so now I can gain 21! Lol. But seriously, my goal is not to gain any (and maybe to lose a few, once I can eat healthier once I'm past this first tri 'eating whatever I can keep down' phase) until 20 weeks, and keep most of my gaining to the second half of the pregnancy.

2. Do you have any particular eating/exercise plans or goals? How are you doing so far?

Exercise wise, I just aim to walk 30-45 minutes daily and do strength training at home 3 times a week. I continue to do great with the walks and to be forgetful about the strength training, but I did it once last week! Hoping for three times this week! Eating wise, first tri I just eat what I can stomach. After that, I'm going to be focused just on nutrients, fresh fruit and veggies, protein, etc.

3. What's your favorite maternity purchase so far (if you've bought anything yet) or something you have your eye on?

I was going to buy stuff, then decided to wait for money reasons. But I have had my eye on a Jessica Simpson maternity dress that will be my very first purchase. Can't wait!

Nope, other than I can't wait until I'm done with this nausea so I can eat veggies again. I miss them so much!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey ladies, how are you doing this week? 

Doing well, feeling fortunate not to be having morning sickness, but wish I could breathe without having to yawn to take a deep breath every few minutes :/

Doc says 11-20 lbs is ideal for me.  I'm struggling because I'm literally ALWAYS ravenous.  I want to eat everything all the time. I've gained and lost between 2-4 lbs, which is typical for me in a day, so I think as of right now I haven't actually gained anything. 

I'm trying to eat healthy but it's tough when salads are a no go when out to eat. Living on pizza, carrots, bananas, and yogurt mostly at the moment.  Oh and turkey jerky and sweet potato chips with chipotle yoghurt dip.  So...meh. 

I'm keeping up with my kickboxing 3-5x per week.  Been doing it for a year and a half now, and lost 35lbs doing it before getting pregnant!  Doc wants me to continue with it (modified, of course) so I don't over gain. 

I haven't taken the plunge yet, but looking into the snoogle pillow for sure.

@maureenmce can you link the Jessica Simpson dress?  I'm so intrigued now!

How do you curb cravings!?  Seriously, I was dying for chicken strips from mcd's today and caved...  I have no will power.

Also, are there really only 3 of us????  

I am looking forward to/ dreading the bump.  All non plus size mommas actually look pregnant with their adorable bumps, I fear I will just look extra bloated and extra fat :/  This makes me sad because I feel like I'll end up wanting to hide the bump instead of show it off.  Especially in the summer when I'll be pregnant, but not obviously pregnant.  Ugh.
  • Options
    I'm here too! 

Doctor and I really haven't discussed this yet but when I went off birth control in August I gained like 20+ pounds so I'm already well over where I would like to be. I haven't gained any weight so far; I always seem to be hungry but then after a couple bites I don't feel like eating anymore. My first two appointments were with my gyno and were ultrasounds due to my history of loss. She no longer practices OB so I'm switching to a new doctor in the same practice and my first appointment with her is June 11 so I hope to discuss this more with her. 

My main goal is start getting better about drinking water. I don't like drinking water in general and I know it's so much more important now. Since I've been craving fruit, I am going to get a large container to keep in my fridge with fruit and water and hopefully that will make it easier. I walk with my dogs a lot in the spring/summer but the weather has been so off here in New England, we haven't done that much yet. 

I haven't bought anything yet but I have found so many cute things I want to buy! I need to buy some stretchier pants for work, the waistbands on mine are starting to get a little uncomfortable. My favorite jeans from Old Navy have an elastic like waistband and no zipper/button anyways so those are still fitting pretty well. I have a formalish wedding in June, I need to find a dress for that still but I think I will still be able to pull off a regular size dress that isn't form fitting. 

@scaredunprepared I totally understand how you are feeling. But you are growing a tiny human and screw what other people think! I hate to be hot so especially in the summer I am going to focus on dressing for my comfort whether that shows the bump (or just my bloat haha!) or not. 
  • Options
    Dr hasn't said anything about my weight. I gained 26lbs with my son, but I started this pregnancy 22lbs heavier (and 6yrs older, ugh), so I'd love to gain 15lbs or less if possible.

No, not yet. Doing terrible. I haven't been exercising during first Tri because I'm irrationally scared. I did walk 30min this a.m. with a friend. Felt fine. But then was crampy when I got home. Going to talk to my Dr tomorrow & maybe pick Zumba back up next week.

Nothing yet, but I might go buy some of the t-shirts with the ruching today. My shirts already seem too short.

• Options
    k_m10k_m10 member
    OB hasn’t mentioned anything yet but I’m trying to keep it as low as possible. I guess I should do some research.

I’m really struggling with this because I’m exhausted and having a hard time eating non-carbs. The good thing is that I haven’t really been snacking so that helps. 

I think I’m going to get a pillow soon. I definitely need some shorts and jeans. I got some jeans from Target on clearance but they don’t fit super great (I still look like a busted can of biscuits in them). Might be because they’re skinny jeans and I never wear those. 

4. Any rants/raves/questions
    I just feel fat and gross, which is to be expected but it’s still not fun.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @maureenmce that dress is gorgeous!  Have you tried it on?  I see so many adorable maternity clothes but I'm terrified to purchase any without trying them on first. Anyone else?
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I did try it on! They only had a large though and it was a bit big, so I'm going to wait until I'm a little further along and see if the large or medium works best! (I do think trying on in person, especially with maternity stuff, is key!)
  • Options
    gordj87gordj87 member
    I’m 10 weeks 5 days. 

11-20 lbs ; so far I’ve bounced up and down 2-3 lbs. likely just bloat.

I want to keep eating healthy; I’m not a big junk fod eater... but I do love deserts.  I’m eating entirely vegetarian for all meals but dinner. Lots of protein. I’m trying to avoid carbs, but some days they are the only thing to curb my nausea. Thankfully my nausea has not been too bad!

I want a pregnancy pillow. I’m going to need maternity shorts soon. 

My insurance not being clear if genetic screening is covered. We want to screen for trisomy and neural tube defects.