November 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in and Ask a STM (5/16)

edited May 2018 in November 2018 Moms
Sorry for the delay on this ladies! Thought I would combine the two since we haven't had an ask a STM in a while. That way we can get a little more interaction with the group and all the STM+ can check in with one another. Hope that's ok!

For STM+ 

How far along are you? 

How are your kiddos doing? 

Rants/raves/questions? 

GTKY: What is the last thing you told your kid not to touch? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: STM+ Check-in and Ask a STM (5/16)

• Options
    @middleschoolmommy I feel like this pregnancy is lasting forever too. Hoping second trimester speeds things up.

How far along are you?  
    15 weeks

How are your kiddos doing? DD is so excited to be a big sister again. She desperately wants a sister, but I think this will be another brother. We will see. DS has no clue. His little world is going to be turned upside down.

Rants/raves/questions? DS will be 2 in August. I breastfed DD until 2 so I really want to do the same for DS. But, my nipples are dying. I am ready to be done. And SO ready to be done with the 5 am wake ups to nurse. He is only nursing before bed and at 5 am. I'm hoping we can wean off one of them soon, but I have no idea how to do it!

GTKY: What is the last thing you told your kid not to touch? Bubblegum on the ground at the school parking lot.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    14 weeks
    DS is 3 and he is doing great! We had his 3 year appt yesterday and the doctor was super impressed with his speech and how smart he is. His daycare teachers tell me daily how smart he is, but it was nice that he finally wasn't acting shy with the doctor and was showing off :)
    Rants/raves/questions? 
    The question phase is making me mental..."WHY" Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
    Hmm...I can't remember? I think I told him not to touch my car this morning when it was wet.

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    12w2D

Today is beautiful, so we’ve been out and about enjoying it. It’s been a fun day so he’s been pretty happy. 

Rants/raves/questions? 
    My son will be starting preschool in the fall. I’m quite nervous that I’ll have a newborn during cold and flu season, especially since my toddler is likely to bring home lots of germs from school, and will probably get sick a lot too. Can any 3rd time moms ease my anxiety about this?

Today I met a mom at the park. She was with her toddler and newborn (6 weeks) Her toddler wanted to get into the swing, and she hesitated on what to do since she was holding her newborn. She was about to go and get her stroller parked at the opposite end of the park. I offered to help her by putting her kiddo in the swing, and she was very appreciative. It really makes me think about all the things I can easily do alone with one kiddo, that becomes much more difficult with two. 

His water cup leaked all over the floor and made a big puddle. He obviously wanted to play in the mess. 

• Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited May 2018
    How far along are you? 15+4

How are your kiddos doing?  the 11yo is not pumped about another baby but is starting to come around. The (will be on the 29th) 2yo doesn’t quite understand there’s a baby. He points at himself when we talk about it haha

Rants/raves/questions? I will rave about baby wearing since lots of us seem to be worried about having two now. It makes life so much easier to be hands free and you accessible to do the things you thought you couldnt. I also wouldn’t worry about being born in cold and flu season but this might just be me. My oldest (winter/cold/flu season baby) NEVER gets sick. The toddler (summer baby) is sick ALL the time. 

GTKY: What is the last thing you told your kid not to touch? my blind cord. I opened my blinds and forgot to tuck it up and he was going crazy. Of course naturally I wasn’t fast enough and he smacked himself in the face but we made it through!! Ooof. I am secretly praying this new baby is so calm and happy lol 
    nws
  • Options
    Yes, Baby wear! It's the best even if you still bring a stroller.  I love the k'tan because its snug like a woven wrap but easier to put on without all the tails so I literally just wear it all the time like a shirt accessory.

As far as illnesses go, they just stink but they are virtually  everywhere so you just do your best.  This is probably one of my favorite benefits of breastmilk or  even donor milk.

How far along are you? 
    12+5

Fine.  Littlest is getting difficult when it's time to leave fun places.  I hate that phase.

Rants/raves/questions?
    Just ready for some energy! Whew I'm tired.

I told littlest to stop licking the sink.  Blech! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16w

How are your kiddos doing? On the one hand - great! I know 2 gets a bad rap, but I really think it’s a fun age. She’s such a delight! That said, she is really unhappy about getting a baby sister. She has been extra clingy lately, doesn’t want to care for her baby dolls as much, and screams “no baby sister!” Or “my mommy my daddy!” When we talk about it. Other than new baby books (which we have) any tips from three time plus moms on getting DD on board or less anxious would be appreciated!!!

Rants/raves/questions? See above

GTKY: What is the last thing you told your kid not to touch? Her own poop. We are potty training and she had an accident in her pants. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    14w3d

Ds is good. He goes between being super lovey and driving me crazy from all the destruction and mayhem he likes to cause. There is a reason we call him a hurricane.

Rants/raves/questions? 

GTKY: What is the last thing you told your kid not to touch? It was either the stove, the cabinets under the sink, or the light switch. We are at my dad's and nothing is really toddler proof. I will be here for a week and I'm already exhausted. 
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 I am always amazed when you mention have DD at work with you. I have no clue how you get anything done! Seriously impressed. MDO has been awesome for my kids. They get the socialization and I still have a decent amount of time with them after school. We’ve loved it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you?
    13 weeks

Good.  Overall she was an easy baby and has been a pretty easy toddler so idk if she's going to turn 3 and become a holy terror, or if the next baby is going to be a nightmare lol.

Rants/raves/questions?
    Nothing really right now.  We just got DD a big girl swingset and it's a blessing and a curse.  It's nice to have it right in our backyard but all she wants to do is swing and can't do that by herself yet.

Probably some random piece of trash on the ground outside.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    16 weeks

Fine? DD1 just had pre-k graduation, which was adorable. I’m wondering how DD2 will do at daycare without her next year. Both of them seem indifferent about the baby, ha.

Rants/raves/questions? 
    In general? This SI joint pain is absolutely kicking my butt. With my kids? Not really, I feel like they’re pretty low key and easy at this age, so I’m still nervous/not looking forward to starting over at the baby stage for that reason. I’m kind of terrified this baby will be as hard as DD2 was, which I don’t know how I would do again (I mean, I know I would because that’s just how it goes, but it was super rough and I don’t want to do it again with a baby who always cries and doesn’t sleep for the first year, especially with having an hour commute to/from work now).

GTKY: What is the last thing you told your kid not to touch? No idea. I don’t think I say it very often.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker