Pregnant after IF
Options

Baby measuring behind

Hi ladies! This is my first post and would be super grateful if anyone could share their experience....I am currently 8 weeks preg from IVF. We went in for our second scan yesterday and baby had a strong HB (181) but was only measuring 7 weeks. RE put me on blood thinners in case there was a blood flow issue in my uterus and I have to go back in a week for another US. I’m just totally freaking out b/c he said it was “concerning”. Has this happened to anyone else and baby caught up growth wise?

Re: Baby measuring behind

• Options
    @meln314 I'm sorry you're going through this! I haven't had a similar experience, but hopefully someone else will be able to offer you some reassurance. It is awesome that baby had such a great heartbeat!!! That's encouraging! I hope you get some answers soon...
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Have you joined the 1st Tri thread? There is someone there who was measuring behind and while I wasn’t a full week I was a few days behind initially. I think that the RE’s are overly cautious with everything. I had some bleeding/sch (due to my blood thinner) and they put me on bedrest and said I was an “abortion risk” when I was 8 weeks- i was so upset and it was overly dramatic- what terrible wording and bedside manner! I think they are so used to seeing the hardest cases and don’t choose their words well. I’m currently 24 weeks and have had smooth sailing so far. Take care and hang in there XO
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was measuring 5-6 days behind at my first ultrasound after transfer. My RE saw me 2 weeks later and baby had appropriate growth so my RE changed my due date. Baby was healthy and measured exactly to the new due date throughout pregnancy. Good luck
  • Options
    My baby measured behind initially, he came out at 8 lbs 7 oz on his due date. They’re very overly cautious which is good, just stressful! Hang in there mama 
  • Options
    meln314meln314 member
    Thank you guys so much for your stories! They have made me feel a lot better about things. Just have to make it to Wednesday to see the doc again. Feels like 3 years away!