January 2019 Moms
Options

Plus size mom check in 5/16

A place for plus size mommas to talk about anything and everything!

Due date / how far along are you;

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms);

Questions / comments / concerns;

GTKY: What’s your style?
Me: 28 DH: 26
Married: November 2015  3 
TTC#1: January 2016
BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
DD Born 06/23/17 3
TFAS: April 2018
BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

Re: Plus size mom check in 5/16

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Due date / how far along are you; - EDD 1/9, 6 weeks today

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms); I feel great this morning. Started to wake up early for no reason but still exhausted. My boobs hurt and I'm always super hungry and wanting weird combos on things. 

Questions / comments / concerns; DH and I want to announce to my MIL and SIL but we wont have an opportunity for another month which is fine but my mom (who has known since BFP) is waiting to tell family until MIL knows. DH doesn't want to tell her until we get a proper heartbeat on US cuz I guess shes a blabber mouth....anyway, I just think it will be fun to tell them next month then them complain that we didnt tell them earlier....hope that made sense....lol

GTKY: What’s your style? - I would say I'm an artistic nerd? I'm not much of a girly girl. I refuse to wear makeup and I'm happy with a pair of leggings and a star wars tshirt
  • Options
    Due date / how far along are you; - EDD 1/9, 6 weeks today

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms); I feel great this morning. Started to wake up early for no reason but still exhausted. My boobs hurt and I'm always super hungry and wanting weird combos on things. 

Questions / comments / concerns; DH and I want to announce to my MIL and SIL but we wont have an opportunity for another month which is fine but my mom (who has known since BFP) is waiting to tell family until MIL knows. DH doesn't want to tell her until we get a proper heartbeat on US cuz I guess shes a blabber mouth....anyway, I just think it will be fun to tell them next month then them complain that we didnt tell them earlier....hope that made sense....lol

GTKY: What’s your style? - I would say I'm an artistic nerd? I'm not much of a girly girl. I refuse to wear makeup and I'm happy with a pair of leggings and a star wars tshirt
    @nottodaysatan I haven't told my mom yet. I really want to because with DD, we told my mom/inlaws on mothers day (I was about 16 weeks already)... and I did a cute little gift with a pacifier and a note that said "keep this at your house, because I may need it one day" or something like that... then my mom tells me a few days later she wishes I would have told her when I knew. But my mom is a blabber and she will run off and tell my grandma, aunt and who knows else... even though she says she wont. She will tell them not to say anything... and I just want people to find out from us. I think we are going to wait until at least 12 weeks before we tell the family. I am 5w6d-ish, so I feel like its going to take FOREVERRRRR to get here. Just taking it day by day, and praying our little bean sticks for good. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date / how far along are you: 5w6day-ish

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms): boobs feel a bit full/achy 

Questions / comments / concerns: Blood sugar was high again this morning. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am eating right, staying away from starches, sugars, and the bad stuff. Very frustrating. 

GTKY: What’s your style?: Texas-casual I guess. I enjoy wearing shorts and flipflops... sundresses, but also enjoy my comfy yoga pants and a tank top on these bloody hot days lately in Texas. There are days I want to put makeup on, and days I go natural. :smile:
  • Options
    Due date / how far along are you; EDD 1/10 So 5+6

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms); I am very nervous and excited! I was very healthy 1st pregnancy with DD but gained too much weight and haven't gotten it off so I'm scared this time around! Nausea is pretty manageable as long as I eat small meals frequently I've been known to skip meals so no more doing that. My boobs are KILLING me! 

Questions / comments / concerns; I'm a serious coke(a-cola) addict so going without caffeine has been a big sacrifice for me but one I quickly made the day we got our BFP. I'm excited to be an active member of this group and I hope to get to know all of you!

GTKY: What’s your style?  Hmmm this one is hard for me! Definitely comfy mom. I'm a stay at home mom so I tend so lounge around in comfier clothes that I can get messy from cleaning and playing with my 2.5 year old. I love dressing up but tend to struggle dressing my new body since having DD.
  • Options
    Due date / how far along are you; 6+3 today

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms); I PGAL so anxiety has been through the roof. I did feel excited a couple of times over the weekend, which was nice. As for symptoms, I'm starting to get MS pretty bad which is comforting in a messed up way, and DH thinks my boobs are bigger :lol:

Questions / comments / concerns; None right now.

GTKY: What’s your style? Hm good question. @nottodaysatan I am also nerdy and your outfit sounds perfect (pretty sure I have worn just that more than once)! I do also like vintage shapes though - if I wear a dress or skirt, it's almost always a vintage silhouette. But, I am not very stylish and all and typically way more function over form.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Due date / how far along are you; 6+2 today

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms); Nausea has officially begun as a persistent symptom! I've felt it in the middle of the night, and yesterday in the shower, but I've been feeling nonstop queasy since I woke up today.  Having some oatmeal for breakfast.  I have Trader Joes ginger mints, and I am drinking my favorite tea.

Questions / comments / concerns; Going out for lunch with my work colleagues today to an italian restaurant, and I'm anxious about what I'll get that won't make me want to vom!

GTKY: What’s your style? I'm pretty classiccutesy, with my style, and girly.  I don't wear anything too revealing and I like to be comfortable.  You'll never catch me in heels unless it's absolutely necessary.  If you know who Aidy Bryant is on Saturday Night Live, she's basically my new plus size style muse.  I love the outfits she wears and that she always looks so adorable.  I wear glasses, which I love, and feel they're a great accessory in my everyday wardrobe.

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Due date / how far along are you: 6 weeks I believe, seeing the ob on Friday and I hope they can tell me for sure

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms); Hungry. I am trying to eat healthy but I feel hungry all the time and that makes it really tough. 

Questions / comments / concerns; this week is dragging on so slow. I know it’s because my first appointment is friday but I wish the time would pass faster. 

GTKY: What’s your Style? I would consider myself laid back girly. My favorite dresses right now are all floral. On a regular day you can find my in a loose dress with leggings. My husband got me a gift card for some new clothes on mother’s day and I am trying to figure out what I want because they don’t offer maternity which I know I won’t need for a bit but still not sure i want to invest in tops right now if they won’t fit in a few months. 

• Options
    Aidy is so cute, I agree! 
  • Options
    @texasmommie You might not be doing anything wrong! I have a couple of T1 diabetes friends who reallllly struggled with their sugars in first trimester. They were kind of uncontrollable. Hormones really mess things up!
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @BitterBetty12 Thank you! You could be right. I am sure my OB will see how its been when I see him in a few weeks. I hated taking the insulin with my 1st daugther, but it at least controlled my sugars really well. Anything to keep the baby healthy and growing. :smile:
  • Options
    Due date / how far along are you; 6+0

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms); overall pretty dang good! Been keeping up with exercising 6 days a week and then a 5k walk on sundays.. I’ve been having major anxiety about weight gain though. 

Questions / comments / concerns; Those of you who’ve seen your OB yet.. did they discuss weight gain goals with you? I’m currently 5’1 and 167 lbs.. last pregnancy I started at 180 and gained a total of 15 lbs and although my doctor never said anything about it or voiced any concerns I was very weary about it. This time around I’m actually exercising and being mindful of what I eat and so I’m hoping to only gain 5-10 pounds all together.. not for only my sake but also because I can’t help but feel SO guilty about being such an unhealthy weight and gaining while growing a human. Uhg.. 

GTKY: What’s your style? uh, does hobo SAHM count as a style? Lmao 
  • Options
    Due date / how far along are you; 4-5 weeks, my periods are not regular so that is best guess. 

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms); Super nervous. I have PCOS so I know that I am high risk. Every time I use the bathroom I keep being afraid I will see blood :-/. For symptoms I have been super tired. I got my first bouts of nausea today when I thought I was going to puke in the middle of a meeting. 

Questions / comments / concerns; Just trying to remember everything I should/shouldn't be eating/doing. 

GTKY: What’s your style? Laid back. I am the sort that takes less than 10 minutes getting ready in the morning. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Due date / how far along are you; Just over 7 weeks I think. I go for a dating scan tomorrow! 

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms); I am nervous being heavier this time then I was with my first. I didn't gain that much with my first pregnancy maybe around 15-20lbs but adding 15lbs to what I am now will put me at my heaviest ever! I know I should not be worrying about it too much but It just makes me feel self conscious. 

Questions / comments / concerns; What exercises are you guys doing right now? Anyone have any specific workouts they follow? 

GTKY: What’s your style? Somewhere between a tom-boy and a girly girl at times. I work as a nurse so I just get to wear lovely scrubs when working. And on my off days its just jean shorts and a top (for now in the summer) or some sweatpants. I do like to get dressed up every now and then for a date night. It's just so much work! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @drabong88 I take Pilates classes 2-3x per week and am obsessed. Been doing it since September and I feel so strong and great! Haven’t lost much weight in that time but it’s helped my back pain and I generally feel good about myself. 

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    Due date / how far along are you; 1/13/19; 5w4d

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms); First ultrasound today so very nervous. Between PGAL and PAIF brain I feel like I'm just waiting for someone to say "Just kidding, you don't get a baby." Symptoms are still pretty light. Waves of nausea sometimes, but I'm pretty sure most of it is because of nerves. Boobs hurt a lot and very tired. 

Questions / comments / concerns; Where do you guys get your shoes? I have extra wide feet but they're small (size 7 1/2) so it's hard to find. I'm always looking for new places to get shoes.

GTKY: What’s your style? A little bit vintage but also a little bit preppy. I LOVE cardigans. I also love to wear dresses, usually a-line and preferably with pockets.
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    angiesbumpangiesbump member
    edited May 2018
    @drabong88 I’ve been following the ToneItUp community/nutrition plan since January.. in January I weighed 203.. now I’m at 167.. if you’ve ever searched for YouTube workouts you’ve probably seen on if theirs, two girls on the beach working out. They also have their ToneItUp line in stores at Target with cute gear and (honestly a bit overpriced) protein powder lol! They’re in the middle of doing a “bikini series” basically an 8 week nutrition plan meal by meal- day by day - week by week as well as daily workout plan (which they normally anyway but they have a bunch of new workouts come out during the 8 weeks). One of the co owners is currently pregnant as well as one of their app (studio tone it up) trainers so they’re always posting pregnancy modifications which is super helpful.. it’s an entire community of women and it’s insane. I absolutely love it. (And I no, I don’t gain ANYTHING by telling you about it or getting you to sign up or anything, I just love it THAT much) 
  • Options
    kkb0520kkb0520 member
    Due date / how far along are you; EDD January 17th. First appointment this week to confirm.

How are you feeling (anxiety / symptoms); Nervous! My symptoms (sore boobs, mild nausea) seemingly disappeared out of nowhere the other day, but they’ve started reappearing. Getting to antsy to check in with 

GTKY: What’s your style? Pretty casual with a hint of preppy. Aside from a few nicer staples, 95% of my wardrobe is from Old Navy or Target :)