July 2018 Moms
Options

Young mother

currently 20 ears old and 33 weeks along. I'm still with the father. However, he is still childish and immature. He isn't the most financially responsible. I don't work that often and I'm going on maternity leave soon. I feel inadequate myself. I have never second guessed myself this much. Not only that but the father has a bad habit of talking to other girls but I have stayed with him in hopes he will grow up and move past that. I love him and I want him to step up and be there for me and his daughter but I don't want to feel like this is a mistake staying with him. 

Re: Young mother

• Options
    I know I deserve more than being cheated on but it's just texting, nothing in person. I also know that I am afraid to be on my own. I am worried I don't work enough or if I work to much, I won't be there for her as much as I should. 
    i just feel like I'm not enough right now and I don't want her to suffer because of me and I want to feel happy and not worry about being a failure. I feel like I should be further in life right now but part of me also knows I'm still young myself- I'm just starting to try and get my life together. Everyone tells us we are struggling and that this is too soon and I feel like that plays a big role in the way I feel right now. 
  • Options
    I just need some reassurance, advice, and positive energy right now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    stillcozystillcozy member
    edited May 2018
    I agree with what the others have said. If you are not feeljng he is responsive to your requests and feelings than leave. Lots of single parents make it and there are resources out there to help as well. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing