October 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms 5/14

2»

Re: Symptoms 5/14

• Options
    @knottieamusements I do! Dinner at 7, late night pizza at midnight, but we always have a ton of fun at our conferences.  Even pregnant I didn’t go to bed until 2 am both nights.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @sammierose464 at least it starts at 6 and not later? Maybe you could stay for like half and then duck out early? :wink:
    It's possible since I'll probably be getting my own car.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My entire back is killing me... sciatic, mid, upper, all of it... I need to figure out something!
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @mamabearcj mine was bad too and I got a massage. It really helped. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @chyvie that sounds amazing and I'm going to have to see if I can find a prenatal massage place close to home, though I doubt it.. I live in the sticks lol
  • Options
    @mamabearcj @chyvie as soon as massage heights let me back, I was there. I went 2 weeks in a row, and skipped last week. Big mistake. I really think it helps with my sciatica and definitely my neck/shoulder tension and headaches.
  • Options
    16w3d - this week has been a decent week so far! I am away for a training course all week with long days (12-13 hours of class each day) so was dreading my morning sickness kicking in but so far it’s kept to a dull roar! I have been getting wicked heartburn this week though which is new. Energy levels are pretty good (despite insomnia still going strong) so overall I can’t really complain - hopefully this keeps up! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    chyviechyvie member
    18+5 weeks and the heartburn started two days ago and hasn't let up! I'm eating Tums like they are candies. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @mamabearcj yeah massages aren't cheap...I have the membership at massage heights and it's like $60/month, and you get 1 massage a month. Each additional massage is $50. So essentially, if you went once a month, it's $60 a month. Still not cheap though, and something I've included in my budget for the past 4.5 years lol. 
  • Options
    19 weeks 5 days. I'm concerned im not feeling movement at all for days now. I know I felt DS at this time. My AS scan is tomorrow so I'm hoping to hold out till then. Just paranoid something is wrong even though it probably be alright. Im feeling pain all the time time from bending and picking up DS. I know some of it is gas pains but man I had to lay down for 2 hours for it to go away last night. People have commented that I'm pregnant now which is always nice. No nausea. Trying to eat well, not succeeding. Not sleeping well, DS got his first 2 teeth at once,
  • Options
    rc-colarc-cola member
    20 weeks today! Movement on and off. Happened in a meeting yesterday and I just started laughing and smiling. Sleeping has been a huge struggle and excercise has good weeks and bad weeks. I’m still on track for too much weight gain so that isn’t great. 
  • Options
    I agree on massages being stupid expensive. I have coverage for $500/yr which I am very thankful for. In Ontario we average $90/1 hr session. So basically I can get 5 throughout my pregnancy unless I want to pay out of pocket. Any chance 5 will cut it? Doubtful! 

Also, I think it's about time I cave and get a pregnancy pillow. I slept for maybe 3 hours last night. Tossing and turning alllll night long, gah!
  • Options
    @linssears4 - I was on the road for basically a week between a family thing and the work conference.  That is what pushed me to buy actual maternity clothes, because I knew they would fit and be comfortable for traveling.  

The one thing I don’t normally pack to travel that I wished I had was panty liners.  I’m not having trouble with snissing, but when you have the choice between the airplane bathroom and waiting 30min for a full size stall, your bladder occasionally protests.  
  • Options
    @knottieamusements  GREAT tips!  I was sick all weekend and managed to sniss 4 times in one day.  Panty liners, check!!! Luckily its a short flight 
  • Options
    @linssears4 OMG! I snissed for the first time the other day and was like wtf was that!! 
  • Options
    I've been snissing a bit recently...also get the RLP with it sometimes too. So much fun.

Re: travelling- I brought my heating pad to the bachelorette party 4 weeks ago. Best decision ever, my back was hurting from all the walking and it was so nice to just sit and relax for a bit with it. I normally travel with it pre-pregnancy because that's what I use to get rid of headaches, since NSAIDs give me ulcers and tylenol sucks.
  • Options
    18+6

Been feeling lots of stretching and "growing pains" the last couple days. Last night I swear I grew a lot. Which is good, starting to look more like a bump and less bloat. But today I am STARVING. I've been eating nonstop. I should really plan some better snacks for work instead of just scrounging and grazing around the office.
  • Options
    For those of you talking about massages, I’m sure you probably have done this already, but look into your medical insurance to see if there’s any coverage for massage therapy. Mine covers up to 12 massages a year without any medical necessity (up to 25 if you have medical necessity) and I only have to pay 20% after my deductible is met, which obviously with prenatal care it already has. It works out to like $25 for a 60 minute massage, so it’s pretty sweet! I didn’t know I had coverage until I looked for it specifically, so you never know! 
  • Options
    To add to @pumpkinpancake's comment, also check into weird loopholes. Mine is only covered if a chiropractor refers me - it's a string of referrals but worth it if I need them to get them covered!
  • Options
    Speaking of my earlier post. Felt baby a 3ish times today. He is just not as active as DS I guess. I need to quit worrying 
  • Options
    nmadjeskinmadjeski member
    edited May 2018
    18 weeks

I feel pretty normal this week, just really tired. I've dealt with some heart burn and the carpal tunnel is still bothering me but over all I'm pretty ok. 

@momoflogan20 I totally get it. With DS I was feeling him a lot at this point. This time around I hardly feel anything and it definitely makes me worry sometimes. Yay to AS today for you! I have an appointment Friday that I'm anxiously awaiting. Haha

Edited because apparently I dont know what day it is
  • Options
    I'm over this nausea all the time, even on diclegis. However, I can't get enough of the little movements. 
  • Options
    HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited May 2018
    Even though this is my second, I am starting to get anxious in advance of the ultrasound next week. People have mentioned that I don't look pregnant. And I haven't gained much weight. I know some people would love that, and I have to keep reminding myself it was this way last time too - no weight gain for a while, and then BAM all at the end. But when I can see him on Monday and know he's growing, then I'll feel better. I am exercising this pregnancy which I totally didn't do last time, so I also know that could be a factor.

Other than that I'm in second trimester bliss except I'm still itchy (although NOT as much) and my skin reacts to everything on the planet. But I "had" to go buy some nice skincare products at Kiehl's yesterday :) And I'm having some carpal tunnel, which happened last time, too.

I am starting to feel flutters, only late at night so far. I'm about 17.5 weeks and last time they appeared at 20 on the dot.
  • Options
    18w+4
    Noticing some ladies mentioning sciatica pain. Just today, I've had leg numbness starting in my butt, and going down the back of my thigh. Got up to walk around, and it started to work itself out, but the second I sit down, it's back. It's not painful, just annoying. I tried some stretching, but nothing seems to helping. Any suggestions? Send help! Ha 
  • Options
    @amanda_ru do you have a body pillow? Those help a lot, because they can go between your legs and help support your back. I also get frequent massages and focus on stretching. But that's about it.
  • Options
    @jemmerjams I've used a smaller pillow while I'm sleeping. Maybe I should graduate to a body pillow. It might also be a good reason to focus on getting back to the gym. Thanks! 
  • Options
    lest12lest12 member
    18w3d.  It feels early, but I started getting Braxton hicks.  Yesterday and today.  I happened to have my Dr appointment today and was told to drink more water.  I just have such a hard time getting it down. 

image        image

• Options
    slizteesliztee member
    The saddest @linssears4! I will say the cleanser and ointment my dermatologist prescribed me is making improvements. 
  • Options
    @linssears4 you and me both, girl. I haven't broken out this bad in ages. I can't figure out if it's because I'm eating more dairy, or if it's just my crap luck with hormones changing. Where is my beautiful glowing skin??? To be fair, my hair is looking pretty good right now, so I'll take what I can get.
  • Options
    18+1 today and last night while watching tv, I definitely felt baby kicks for the first time this pregnancy!! I quickly told DH to feel, and he was able to feel them too!! It’s amazing how feeling that immediately brought back memories of feeling it last time, and I love it! So excited to finally feel baby moving for sure, and I hope he keeps it up! 
  • Options
    @linssears4 I too have been breaking out so bad ever since before my BFP, and I have never had trouble with acne. 17w now and the last two days are the first days I didn’t have a new breakout. I’m hoping it is starting to die down a bit, but have heard it will usually come back worse in the third tri, so that’s something fun to look forward to. I have only been using Cetaphil cleanser and makeup wipes in the morning and at night. It helped a little, but I still broke out pretty bad. 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @lest12 I’m pretty sure I started getting them at 13weeks. They seem to only happen when I’m dehydrated so I usually just chug a bottle of water. 
  • Options
    tropical1982tropical1982 member
    edited May 2018
    Pregnancy related carpal tunnel is a thing...who knew?!?!  Sitting at work feeling silly with two wrist braces but my palms hurt so bad otherwise.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @tropical1982 I had it bad with DS and it's getting bad with this pregnancy as well. It's worse at night but I'm finding lately I need my braces all the time.