Surprise pregnancy at almost 43 — The Bump
Pregnant after 35

Surprise pregnancy at almost 43

SarahSmile907SarahSmile907 member
Ninth Anniversary Photogenic
edited May 14 in Pregnant after 35
I'm currently almost 6 weeks pregnant with my 4th. We are truly stunned, and cautiously excited. I tried to make an appt with my gyne that I switched to a few years ago assuming we were finished having kids, they scheduled me with a nurse for when I'm 7+ weeks, just to confirm. Today I called my OB that I haven't seen since 2014 and they scheduled me with her for when I'm almost 9 weeks. Due to my age, I feel like I should be seen sooner, but not sure why. Should I push to get an earlier appt with an actual Dr? I feel like others are getting bloodwork and US before I'll even be seen by anyone. 
HisPromisIsTrue

Re: Surprise pregnancy at almost 43

• I'm a bit surprised they aren't scheduling blood work right away. You'll probably do it when you have your ultrasound & be offered the harmony test
  • camofoxcamofox member
    Photogenic First Comment
    How are you doing? Im in a similar boat, 45 and pregnant, and have had no testing except a urine test. 7 weeks now, will see OB at 8.5 weeks.
    hmendoza101HisPromisIsTrue
  • You and me both honey! I am 44 and after 2 months of my body acting weird I took a test ... it said "Pregnant" Almost immediately.My DR was out today, I need to call the office back and I will schedule with the high risk department since he is unavailable. My 5 year old has had answered prayer :).
    **Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
    lwentland
  • I'm 41 and 5w0d with #3. They had me go in to verify my progesterone and hCG levels yesterday and tomorrow. But, I'm not scheduled to be seen until Dec 18, which is 7w4d, unless something wonky comes back with my results. 
    girard2019