October 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 5/14

chopchop25chopchop25 member
edited May 2018 in October 2018 Moms
Hope everybody had a great weekend! I also definetly started to title the thread date 11/14....not November dear brain.

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do?

Re: Monday Ticker Change 5/14

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    20 weeks today with our boy!! He is the size of a banana today!

2. How are you feeling?

Dealing with some pelvic pain and fatigue still, but hip stretches seem to be helping:)

I have an appointment to go over my anatomy scan, and then an appointment with a new midwife! 

I'm pretty pissy with my current ob, this is my first pregnancy and they have been so rude to me about everything. I hate going there and I am not looking forward to my (thankfully) LAST appointment with them. Not happy to be switching 20 weeks in but it's definitely for the best, my patience has completely run out with them. 

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do?

I'm working towards my degree in social work right now and I wish I could switch/start right now! 

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 19, the size of a hot dog!

2. How are you feeling? Starting to have back pain

3. Any appointments this week? Yes! I have my anatomy scan!!! Also, I have never been to a chirom and am quite skeptical, but yoga and massage and rest and stretching have not helped this back pain so I'm gonna try a chiro. Hopefully she doesn't snap my spine and paralyze me or some shit

4. Rants/raves/questions? Dumb pain

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? Oh god, I don't know. I love my career and have never even considered something else.

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 17 weeks, the size of a large order of french fries!

2. How are you feeling? Fine, allergies are worse than any pregnancy symptoms

3. Any appointments this week? None, next week.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Just jealous of but also SUPER happy for everyone at 20 weeks with their anatomy scans!

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? I love where I work, but really want to own a B&B on Cape Cod.

• @kiwi2628 The first adjustment can make you sore, depending on how 'out of whack' you are. However, I love going. Usually they take x-rays or do an alignment check your first time so they know exactly what to work on.
  • @sammierose464 I dont think they can do xrays though since I'm pregnant. I also have just heard horror stories of chiro's permanently messing up people backs by doing inappropriate stuff, so it makes me super nervous, but I can't deal with this pain
  • @kiwi2628 duh. Didn't even think about the no x-rays and pregnancy. They will probably do minor adjustments focused where the pain is. I get the same basic ones each time and she can tell just by feeling my back where things are bad.
  • @sammierose464 full disclaimer, I also dont really like a lot of chiros because I think a lot of them are quacks. While researching, a lot of them claim chiro helps with allergies and dermatic lupus and tons of non musculoskeletal issues and that made me roll my eyes so hard, so my doctor-y side its skeptical, but I know it helps a lot of people with spinal issues, so I am hoping it helps me with this pain, regardless. Also, the one I like that has great credentials doesnt hae anything about allergies or heart disease on her website so it makes me trust her more
  • @kiwi2628 I agree with you, I only started seeing mine because a friend spoke so highly over her. When I moved away from her, I started seeing another who I didn't really like.  Now that I'm closer to her, I try and go more often. I used to have knots under my shoulder blades for years - turned out I had ribs out of place. That adjustment made a huge difference. Now I mostly go when my headaches get bad. It's kinda cool and crazy to see my X-Rays and how crooked my neck is. I have minor scoliosis, so it helps with that.
  • @kiwi2628 yeah some chiros are super hippie...I saw one where they had this video in the waiting room that essentially claimed that they could cure celiac disease and the like with some essential oils or vials or something. *Eyeroll*  but they gave me a 15 min massage before each adjustment so I put up with some quackery.
  • slizteesliztee member
    edited May 2018
    @kiwi2628 I am with you on the chiropractor thing; I was always apprehensive about it until my pain became so fierce that I had no options left. I found a doctor through my insurance and researched her thoroughly before attending. During my first session, I vetted her pretty strongly and discussed my concerns with her.  She spends the majority of our session doing soft tissue massages and stretching and spends maybe a total of 1 minute doing actual adjustments, when necessary.

ETA: After massages, physical therapy, ultrasounds, medications from my GP, etc...this was my last hope! So far, it's been really helpful.

18 weeks - an artichoke 

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good, but ditto with the allergies - I’ve had it SO BAD over the past few days.

Nope.

I feel like this pregnancy has gone so slow, but then it sounds fast when I say I’m almost half done. Weird. Oh, and DS has been hugging my belly when I tell him to say hi to little brother. He’s only a year and a half, so I’m sure he really doesn’t get it, but it’s still adorable. One last thing, super TMI: I poop every time I go to the bathroom, but it’s only a tiny bit every time. Body, can we please just get it all out at once, because this is hella annoying. 

I always wanted to be a lawyer, so maybe that. More specifically, I’d want to work for the Innocence Project somewhere. I wouldn’t make a ton of money, but I feel like that would be pretty rewarding and not as soul-sucking as some other area of law. 

• babyelbabyel member
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

17+5, the size of a pomegranate/Hershey bar.

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good energy-wise. Emotional bursts and +1 on the allergies. All of this rain/sun/rain/sun pressure change in Wisconsin is driving me crazy.

Not this week...anatomy scan is after Memorial day.

So irritated with Mom...we had a really great relationship before getting pregnant. Now it's back to "I've done this before so let me tell you how it is" and doling out lots of unsolicited opinions and advice. I know I should be appreciative and all ears, but she never really listens to what I've decided or what I want; it's always "well, I would do this..." .  It'd be nice to just have a cheerful conversation that isn't about what I should be doing. 

So many choices! I would love to work in the National Park Service as a ranger.  I love being outside. I've always wanted to go to culinary school, too.  I love going to school, so I wish I could get paid to attend higher education, haha. I went into music ed thinking I'd be a public school teacher...but it turns out that I hate that kind of teaching. Now I'm freelancing as a professional musician (never really thought I'd make it that way) and teaching private trumpet lessons (which is the type of teaching that I love). You never know where you'll end up!

• chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited May 2018
    Hi @knottief0cfd9136c96dbd3!

Please read the post about how to change your username so we can all tag you and get to know you!
    Also, since you are 17w+5 days, you would want to join in on the Saturday ticker change (someone correct me if my math is off!) It would be Saturday because that's the day you would be 18 weeks (when you 'officially' start your new week or, if you had a ticker, when it would change to show the new week.)
  • edited May 2018

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 16 weeks, baby is the size of an avocado (I'm assuming it's a hass avocado because there's no way this sucker is the size of my avocados at home)

2. How are you feeling? mostly good.Yesterday I had terrible morning sickness, which I hadn't had since before 12 weeks so it was weird. Aside from that I feel good

3. Any appointments this week? nope but a week from Thursday we have our anatomy scan so I'm nervous/excited for that. This trimester has been so easy symptom wise that I'm dying to make sure everything is ok in there

4. Rants/raves/questions? rant:  DH had too much to drink Saturday night so (big surprise) my Mother's Day was spent taking care of everything. Pregnant Nikki has zero chill so I made sure he understood I would be doing nothing on Father's Day: not a diaper, not the dishes, not feeding the animal child, nothing. I'm better today but yesterday I was livid.  

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? I really love my job, I don't know that I'd ever want to change careers. All of my extra duties (senior sponsor, AP coordinator, Internship coordinator) keep me in so much contact with my kids that I don't miss the classroom. I could do this forever and be happy as can be. 

***edited to add: This board has been so interesting to me because care is crazy different from one place to another. In my city, anatomy scans are usually at around 18 weeks and a second is usually done at 20 (they say it's only if it's needed but with all of my friends our kids have been pretty active and they've needed the second set of accurate measurements). I'll be 17 weeks 4 days at mine, In comparison to most of you ladies who are having it done at 20 weeks. 

Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @princessandthegator ugh I am so sorry you had to deal with that yesterday! Strugglebus hungover H's are THE.WORST.
  • edited May 2018
    @chopchop25 the worst. And it wasn't like he was out partying, his best friends are his brothers so we literally spend the weekends at one of the 3 houses hanging out. I let him have it yesterday. He was like "I'm sorry but you should know I feel miserable", I told him it wasn't miserable enough. he deserved much worse lol. Like I said no chill, pregnant me is not a compassionate woman.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @princessandthegator yeah no compassion for that one. It's not hard to hold it together for one freaking day. He better hope you're not still holding on to this come father's day... (I'm a bad person, I would be.)
  • Ugh @princessandthegator I'm sorry you had to deal with that. DH was a little hung over yesterday, but still put up with everything I wanted to do yesterday. 
  • @sammierose464 well he "went along" I suppose. I made him go to church but he got to watch sports which was my no-no for yesterday. And he got to nap while I didn't. Still not acceptable. I do 98% of the work all year long, the least you can give me is one day without having total responsibility. 

@chopchop25 I'm going to be the worst, I already don't like his Dad so that'll probably be the battle I wage. Minimal time at that house. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @princessandthegator Nope, I'd be pissed.  If SS had been with us, he would have been on full blown dad duty. I did drag DH to Buy Buy Baby and the grocery store with me, even though he wasn't keen on it.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  19 weeks, mango

2. How are you feeling?  Finally feeling better and I'm actually sleeping through the night without a sleeping pill

3. Any appointments this week? Nope

4. Rants/raves/questions?  I've been having weird food cravings

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do?  No idea, some job with less responsibility, so I can relax more at work

• 1. I’m 20 weeks today! Baby is half baked and the size of a banana! 

2. I feel great ((knock on wood))!

3. Yes, the anatomy scan is scheduled for Friday morning and we will find out the baby’s sex! I can’t wait!! 

4. Ummm ???

5. I’m not sure if this counts, but I’d be financially independent so that I could be a professional volunteer and/or traveler.
  • slizteesliztee member
    LMAO - half baked babies.
    18 weeks, artichoke or sweet potato (again, must be a small sweet potato...)

2. How are you feeling?

OK, think my headaches are due to dehydration, so I need to get better about water. But sciatica is back, so that's fun. Nausea is only really at night or when I'm hungry, but sometimes thinking about leftovers or opening the fridge makes me want to dry heave still. lol.

just a massage! I skipped last week because I thought it would be excessive to go 3 weeks in a row. Bad decision. I'll go every week now, no shame.

Rave about DH: he (started to make) me the cutest scrapbook of our time together. He (nor I ) are scrapbookers so it's sweet to see the time he's put into it so far, even though he's been working nonstop for the past month. Of course he included pics/quotes from Rick Astley, Oliver Queen, and Merlin. :D

Definitely would be a winemaker. I took a winemaking class in college and it was so much fun. I've also done a couple blending experiences where you can make your own blend from different pure varietals and bottle it. 

• @jemmerjams that sounds awesome. I retract my previous statement: if wine taster is a job that's what I wanna do. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 20 WEEKS!!! Banana 

2. How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good. Insomnia has officially set in. Had it with my first from second tri though the end. Started watching Sons of Anarchy so not a total loss lol 

3. Any appointments this week?  Anatomy scan is TODAY! We are pretty excited to see little and start calling him or her by name. Also, I feel like after this we can really start to prepare for arrival. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Not really. Things are going pretty normal. Second go around so not as many questions or anxiety this time. 

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? I'm in the legal field now as a paralegal but it would be fun to be an attorney. My bosses have very interesting cases sometimes and I love learning the ins and outs of law. I work for a super small firm so I actually am able to get pretty involved in cases. I also wouldn't mind being a teacher. That was my goal back when I was in middle and high school but life worked out differently.  

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• @kiwi2628
    I went to the chiro with my first and have been so far with this one too. With my first my hips were very out of wack and one leg was an inch longer than the other because of it. I got out of bed one morning and fell to the ground from the pain I was having. After 3 appts with the chiro I was completely back to normal. I had a great delivery with my daughter as well. I had a few followups post birth just because my hips were having trouble from carrying the extra weight around. Find a good one and you shouldn't have any worries. Mine is not greedy and I only go as needed (instead of a schedule).

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• So many anatomy scans this week! Good luck to everyone who is still up today and tomorrow, and hoping everyone earlier this week had a great appointment!