January 2019 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1-7

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Symptoms?

R/R/Q 

GTKY: What are you most nervous about with LO coming?
DH: 29 | Me: 29 
Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
DD: 10/5/16
TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
DS: 1/9/19
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Ticker Change: EDD January 1-7

• Loading the player...
  • Ghostie625  hope the basement project moves along... we have one too (but for different reasons) My hubs is really handy, but suuuper busy so we get help. Its taken him some time to admit he needs to hire in folks, but things get done :) 
    KLS123  the though of that avocado almost killed me! aaarrgghh lol 
  • How far along are you? 6+3

How big is baby? chocolate chip!

Symptoms? Completely exhausted all the time. took 3 hour naps both days this weekend. Getting through work is going to be awful. Also just feel nauseous/crummy/sick at night, but fine during the day. I'm pretty worthless after about 6:30 pm now. 

R/R/Q: Is anyone else having to wait till week 10 for their ultrasound? I had my first appt and my doc seemed to think everything was coming along just fine and just said, "we'll do your ultrasound in 4 weeks at your next appointment, no need to come in earlier." 

GTKY: What are you most nervous about with LO coming? Honestly, I'm concerned about birth defects and chromosomal abnormalities. I'm not even thinking about WHEN the baby's here, I'm focused on "is baby developing OK? Will he/she have a birth defect? Are my eggs so old and crummy that we're just prone to abnormalities?" I cannot wait to get the ultrasound and NT scan and hopefully get clear news from them so I can think more about what it will be like when the baby's actually here. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @dragonette505 - i hear you about "IS the baby coming". FX everything is going well for you!

@Ghostie625 - good luck with the basement project! All our family lives out of town so people would be staying with us to come meet the baby as well. and the finances are tricky business. DH and I need to do the same thing - how much leave can I afford to take? It's nice to have the job protection with FMLA, but time after you're cleared from disability (typically the 6-8 week mark, depending on delivery type) is typically unpaid, unless you live in certain states that subsidize parental leave. Hope you can come up with a good solution!

@kls123 - My friends either do NOT have kids, or they're all older moms (like their kids are teenagers now). We moved to this town six months ago and I do NOT have the support system here that I would like to have. Like you, it's rather daunting. I'm hoping that when i get a little further along, I'll feel better about joining an expectant moms group and get some local peeps who are in my same boat (that hopefully aren't 15 years younger than me to boo). I feel like I'm really going to have to put myself out there, because only having DH for support will not fly. I need girls who are in my shoes!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • catlady2015 bruh.. I don't even have the courage to say I cant wait for those later scans... but basically I am plus one-ing everything you said there... I'm old too, so this is all a crap shoot.
  • @dragonette505 - I hear you! I have stuff crossed as hard for you as I do for myself!

The waiting game is killing me. DH is so damn pragmatic about it too (which I guess I should be grateful for, but really, dude!) I just want to know if everything's coming along OK. I know my doc said I'm measuring just about 6 weeks (right on track, thankfully), but we haven't seen the bean yet. If it's not on track, then at least the tests will let us know what we might be dealing with, but I'm going to be holding my breath for the next six weeks until the ultrasound and then the NT exam (which they're sending us to the high risk doc for).
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 I can get 6 weeks paid, if I charge sick time. If I end up needing a C-section then it goes up to 8 weeks, but I'll only have 6 weeks of sick days available so there's that. Since I have summer off anyway I would need 5 months leave to be home until the baby is about 7.5 months so I'm reeeally hoping we can swing it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    How far along are you? 6 weeks

How big is baby? Sweet pea

Symptoms? Tired and emotional

R/R/Q We are having a deck built at the house finally! Hoping they can get started within the next week or so. I'm so ready to be able to grill out on the deck and play out there with DD.

Hoping DD will be a good big sister, hoping she won't hate me for taking attention away from her, hoping we get the spare room and bathroom cleaned out. Childcare cost increasing. Finances, always. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @olivemomma - my doc told me at my appointment on friday that I could have spotting after sex. we haven't had any since before the bfp (damn progesterone suppositories, hard to feel sexy when you have that going on) but was told it was normal. if it was light and went away quickly, it was just an irritated cervix and not to worry. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Thanks @catlady2015. I read it’s totally normal so decided against calling my OB. No cramping and it’s totally gone away. Always makes your blood pressure go up though to see blood!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • KLS123KLS123 member
    @dragonette505 sorry for the vivid description  :D perhaps I should have put a *TW* before my avocado story lol

@catlady2015 When do you think you will start looking for a group? I was thinking about waiting until my second trimester. Man coming right off of a move is a stressful feat in itself, I feel for you! 

@Kabazaba great point about that January vs. June theory. Unfortunately for me I live in a climate that is extrememly hot/humid all summer so you stay inside and fairly mild in the winter so that's the time to be out and about. I am just grateful I don't have to suffer through the summer heat in my third trimester so I am perfectly happy to be delivering in January!
  • How far along are you?  6+4

How big is baby? as tall as a Reese's

Symptoms? BloatYesterday I looked like I was about 4m pg. 

R/R/Q: Dh is finally talking about baby when I bring it up. Before he wouldn't say anything. I think it was a little shock of how fast we got pg after my Mirena was removed. 

like @catlady2015 I nervous about birth defects. Although I have no reason to be, nothing runs in either families and DD came out perfect, it's still worrying. I think part of it is that we have been watching Embarrassing Bodies on netflix. 
  • @kls123 - i think start of second tri. Once we've started actually telling others it's real, I'll be trying to seek out a group. Then I won't mind outing myself. :) 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • How far along are you?
    6 + 4

How big is baby? 
    Size of the iPhone home button!

Symptoms?
    All day nausea, food is the enemy, exhaustion, sore boobs 

R/R/Q 
    I wish I didn’t have to work so hard through this pregnancy. :( I have a very flexible job and am even spending the lunch hour lying on a couch, but I still just don’t wanna. And I feel guilty/unappreciative about that. 

DH has been unemployed the last 4 1/2 months. It’s really stressful being pregnant and the breadwinner. I’m nervous I will also have to be a mom and carrying the financial/insurance coverage burden. My dream was always to work for myself part time once I had kids (I have a side biz), but now I’m worried I’ll still be working part time on my own clients, full time in corporate plus parenting. 
  • Kabazaba  I wish I could eat a carrot! lol I tried some air popped pop corn today (so it has less smell) and got down a handful... I can recommend that!  When is your US? My first is Thursday... I was kind of surprised, because my last clinic always did a 5 week check to make sure the pregnancy is in the proper location. 
    @olivemomma I also have crazy dreams! ugh... My doc says the cervix gets so many extra blood vessels that spotting after sex is normal...so glad it stopped!
    @emmaaa yay for getting a deck!! Its so nice to get home projects done... 
  • How far along are you?  6+1

How big is baby? as big as a rainbow sprinkle!

Symptoms? Bloat, ever-expanding boobs, emotional rollercoastering, exhaustion (had to leave work today because I literally nodded off at my desk -- took a half day)

R/R/Q: Dh is finally talking about baby when I bring it up. Before he wouldn't say anything. I think it was a little shock of how fast we got pg after my Mirena was removed. 

something horrible happening to baby; also worried about maternity leave.  I will be at my job for just under a year when I give birth, so I won't yet qualify for FMLA.  But pregnancy can count for temporary disability, right?  I'm confused about how to handle maternity leave.  I work for a state university.  I am still going to wait at least a few more weeks before going to HR and figuring it all out.  I will have a decent amount of vacation and sick time saved up. Fun things!  I want to make sure I get the most time with baby, and that we can swing it financially!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• emmaaaemmaaa member
    @dragonette505 Yes! We've been in our house for two years this July and haven't been able to use the back door!

@roonilwazlib-2 I started my job in March so I'm in the same boat as you. I work for a local government. I won't get FMLA protection but I am hoping to use sick/vacation time and STD for ML. I will find out more once I tell my boss I'm sure.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• kaf1788kaf1788 member
    How far along are you? 
    6w3d
    How big is baby? 
    sweet pea!
    Symptoms?
    nausea anytime i'm hungry and extreme fatigue.
    R/R/Q 
    I'll stick with a rant today.  I'm already busting out of my bras. I'm starting at an F/G cup and this is AFTER a breast reduction I had when I was 19 so I definitely do not need them to get any larger. Between that and the acne I'm feeling like an awkward teenager again.
    I'm a worrier. I will be nervous about everything every second until this baby is in my arms. Right now I'm just wishing I could fast forward to my first Drs appointment on the 31st which will hopefully ease some of my nerves
  • How far along are you? 

6+2

How big is baby? 

chocolate chip

Symptoms?

Exhaustion, bloating, EXHAUSTION, a little nausea started today

R/R/Q 

Rave:  Super happy with DH, who gave up his spot in our one-car garage without hesitation so I could park there before a storm in which we could get baseball sized hail. My car has a lot of sentimental value to me because it was my mom's before she passed away 18 months ago. 

Right now, I'm really nervous about my first u/s on Wednesday.

• Wow we have lots of U/S's this week! Can't wait to see those LO's!
  • How far along are you? 6+3

How big is baby? Teeny

Symptoms? Hit or miss. Everyday I’m constipated, peeing alllll the time, tired, and meh feeling. Lots of heartburn and indigestion. I have anywhere from no nausea each day to nausea when I’m hungry, when I eat too much, when I talk, when I brush my teeth, and when I drive. But honestly nausea is such the quintessential pregnancy symptom that I don’t feel pregnant when I don’t feel nauseas. Also @catlady1215 my pregnancy with DD was like that (useless after 6:15). I magically only felt nauseas first thing in the morning and then felt nauseas / sick at night around dinner time. It was so weird but convenient to not always feel terrible at work.

R/R/Q I have an ultrasound tomorrow and I have no idea what to expect. Last week I had a gestational sac and yolk sac and a big hematoma. I’m praying to see a good strong heartbeat and the hematoma at least not getting bigger.

Finances. We pay for 0 daycare right now and will have to pay for daycare for 2 after this LO comes (if this little one comes). Also I don’t think we can afford for me to take as much leave this time (my leave went from May - December with DD so she was almost 6 months old when I went back to work, and DH took a month of unpaid paternity leave). So I might only get 4 months at home since my leave won’t back up to summer and even that is a big financial stretch. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• @rooonilwaazlib somehow your R/R/Q answer copied mine...
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    edited May 2018
    How far along are you? 6+0 How big is baby? No idea Symptoms? Sore boobs that are already busting out of my bra and making it hard to breathe lol (although right now they're not as sore as they were yesterday/earlier today so of course my anxiety is creeping up). Still feel like I just over-ate all the time and nothing really sounds good to eat. Some random gagging here and there. Crazy dreams. Mild cramping/pinching/lightening sensations. R/R/Q: GTKY: What are you most nervous about with LO coming? I'm with @dragonette505 - I'm just nervous about whether this baby will actually come or not. FX I actually get to bring home a baby that's alive and healthy this time. ETA: I have no idea why my post won't format properly....
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• 6+5
    idk, tiny, haha
    major bloating... even wore my maternity shorts today. mild nausea off and on day and night. pretty tired all the time but it could be from the insomnia and crazy vivid dreams when I do sleep. 
    RRQ- I hate that I have to wait until the 31st to get in for an ultrasound. We told our parents yesterday, but DH keeps saying 'we dont even know if this is really happening' because I haven't been to the doctor yet, which is super annoying. 
    nervous about sharing the love with DD, but more so in the way of balancing needs, not that I don't think we can love two kids. I know DH is stressing about finances already, but I'm pretty sure we will be fine. 

@Ghostie625 I was hoping for a March due date for the same reason :) (But the darn infertility meds worked much faster this time around! lol)
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • How far along are you? 
    6+1
    How big is baby? 
    Sweet pea
    Symptoms?
    Occasional nausea, heartburn, getting more tired 
    R/R/Q 
    Rant: I sliced my foot open on a can lid on Friday night, and it's keeping me off my bike which is frustrating. It should be healed by now!
    I'm 37 years old, 2 boys, but I'll have 2 under 2 when this baby comes. It's kind of terrifying!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @dragonette505 I'm still so darn excited to see you here

Good luck to everyone with U/S's this week! I can't wait to see the U/S thread blow up with all the sweet babes!

How far along are you? 6w6d

How big is baby? A blueberry

Symptoms? Not too much, just tired and a bit of nausea here and there. My boobs are a little more sensitive over the last couple days

R/R/Q Hoping to see my bean again on Thursday, of course scared as hell for a repeat of last Thursday

GTKY: What are you most nervous about with LO coming? Finances mainly, wondering how DS (5) is going to react. Also, DS was born with a heart defect, so I'm just praying this babe is healthy.
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  •  How far along are you?  7 wks

How big is baby?  a blueberry

Symptoms? insane bloating - I look 5 mos pregnant already :(  and major exhaustion.  I'm completely done with the day by 8pm!

R/R/Q:  my 5 year old has been insanely mouthy and just bad the past few days.  I know its a busy time for our family but its sooo hard when I'm falling over from exhaustion.  DH is really good about trying to keep me upbeat and play buffer but its just been getting to me lately.  Also, I feel like I need a vacation yesterday but all our upcoming trips aren't going to be relaxing because there are way too many people going.

I have been working from home for 2 years so I decided I'm keeping LO home with me AT LEAST for 6 months and I'm sort of freaking out.  I've never done that before and when my DS is home it can be a tad crazy but he's also super high energy and is constantly interrupting me.
  • How far along are you? 
    6+2

How big is baby? 
    Dried corn kernel

Symptoms?
    Sensitive & rapidly growing bbs and nipples, crazy dreams, queasiness here and there, TIRED

R/R/Q 
    Rant: It’s been really hard for me to focus at work...pg is the only thing on my mind. The days are SO LONG!
    Rave: 1st wedding anniversary vacation coming up in a week! Crossing my fingers that ms stays away...

That I will never ever want to return to my job after maternity leave and will quit and our income will shrivel. Lol. 
  • I’m so thankful to read what everyone else is nervous about. It sounds like there are so many of us worried about money and work. This makes me feel less alone. Thank you <3
  • How far along are you? 6w2d per my u/s today

How big is baby? ah... idk.

Symptoms? Vivid dreams and big boobs that are sometimes sore. I bought some True & Co bras recently and they are pretty great for my new larger cup size @tosh24. Basically I have very few symptoms and it freaks me out but everything seems like it is ok as of today. 

R/R/Q We saw and heard the baby's HB today for the first time. I thought I should be at 6w4d/6w6d LMP/ovulation, and was at 6w2d. In any case my EDD will be first week of Jan. 

Just like so many of you I am worried about this LO coming at all. 

@green_olive Where are you going on your anniversary trip? 
    @galactickates When my sister was ku with my niece she and my BIL started working with their dog to get him used to the baby. They had a baby doll that cried and they would pay attention to it and not him. It sounds silly but he was an only-dog-child and needed to learn that their attention would be divided. He likes the baby and the baby is in love with him. We have three dogs. The two little ones I'm not worried about (the elderly little boy could be an issue with toddlers but he's 14... we'll cross that bridge if we need to), but our youngest dog is about 40 pounds and has some food aggression from her time on the streets. Only with other dogs - ok, and the other day with the cat(?) so that is something I worry about once we have a child in the house that is mobile and eating solid food. But I guess we'll just have to work through it. 

• @zamora_spin Dates can routinely be half a week or so off in early pregnancy! Typically in week 8 you’ll get a dating ultrasound where they’ll oficially call your due date! And baby could surprise you and be measuring right on track then! I know I’m not the best example but my LO was measuring 4 days off yeat easy as well and while its nerve wracking it really is super common!
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• @gorgeousariel
    ugh annoying!  i must have copy/pasted your response to use the Qs and forgot to delete that.  Sorry didn't mean to plagiarize your RRQ! :D

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @BitterBetty12 It definitely doesn't help the PGAL anxiety. I have a lot of confidence on my dates - including the O date, I was tracking and had +OPKs followed by a temp shift, so it's a bit disconcerting. But I also think, well, what if it is smaller from a particular angle, or just, human error. My sister said she has a friend with two healthy babies who measured 4days behind and her friend is very type A so knew her dates, and also my sister said my niece was 2days behind and didn't catch up until 13w. It seems to me the most important thing is there is a HB. So our beans are alive and growing, and that's all we can ask for. 
  • @zamora_spin We are going to the San Francisco/Bay Area - where I’m from. SF for a bit, then escaping to a rustic bungalow (with outdoor shower!) in nature for a few days. I can’t wait!! P.S. I feel you on the worrying about too few symptoms. Some days I barely feel pregnant (like today). This is the truest  test of patience....