January 2019 Moms
Options

team rainbow (lgbtq* peeps) check-in; week of 5/13... (a day late oops!)

Hey all! I hope everyone's feeling well this week. Let's answer a few Qs!

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

What method did you use to get pregnant? Any medications? Known or unknown donor? Do you have any sperm left for future tries?

How, if at all, did you celebrate mother's day?

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

Re: team rainbow (lgbtq* peeps) check-in; week of 5/13... (a day late oops!)

• Options
    How far along are you?
    6 weeks + 1 day!

How are you feeling?
    Breasts still growing and sore, I am an emotional wreck, and I've started to feel some nausea and have some food aversions.  A creamy caesar salad dressing nearly sent me into a fit yesterday, and a plate of cold cuts (I wouldn't have eaten them anyway!) was very displeasing too

What method did you use to get pregnant? Any medications? Known or unknown donor? Do you have any sperm left for future tries?
    We completed 4 rounds of medicated IUI with clomid, ovidrel, and progesterone.  We used an unknown donor but he is Open ID so the option is still there for our kid to seek him out.  We don't have sperm left and there are no more of our guy at the moment.  If this pregnancy continues to be a success we might have the cryobank contact the guy to ask for some more.

How, if at all, did you celebrate mother's day?
    We went out with our families as one big group (my mom, her boyfriend, my sister, my wife's parents, and us).  It's actually last night that we told our families we are pregnant!  We got our moms cards that said "What do you get for the mom who has everything? A promotion! Congratulations Grandma!"  Everyone was really shocked and excited! Many tears shed!  Although they're upset they can't tell anyone for another 6 weeks but that's the way it goes! :smile:

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

• Options