September 2018 Moms
Options

Mother's Day the Not so great Thread

stothistothi member
edited May 2018 in September 2018 Moms
I know that not everyone will have a great day today. Maybe you've lost your mom or never had a good relationship with her to start with. Maybe your day got completely overshadowed by your in laws. Maybe it was all supposed to be awesome but all your plans were ruined.
I know sometimes people don't want to share their bad day on a thread where everyone is happy. Sometimes because you don't want to be a Debbie Downer and sometimes because you just don't want to read about someone's good day when you feel like crap.
I want to offer this thread as a safe place to talk about not feeling great on a day where it seems like everyone else is feeling amazing. I brought a receptive ear and creepy internet hugs for anyone who needs them.

Re: Mother's Day the Not so great Thread

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    klj0228klj0228 member
    @pourmeamocktail I’m sorry your day was hi jacked. And that you have had to spend it not only doing things you don’t want to do, but also have to be primary parent. I hope as you get closer to the end of the day things will get better.
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @pourmeamocktail I'm sorry for how the day is unfolding. I hope you get to eat soon, and if I were you I'd leave your H with no choice but to be the primary parent in charge.
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail I am so sorry ❤
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Ah, butterflies!  How nice @pourmeamocktail
    @yosemite2018 I got my birthday card like a week late this year and he STILL ended up writing it in front of me!  :s I feel your pain...

My day was mostly okay, had the house to myself.  But DH was working so late that he only just got home, and is currently rinsing off before we sit down at 10 o'clock to the homemade meatball Sunday dinner I made... and I have to get up and go back to work in the morning after a week off. :/  neither of us is even all that hungry at this point... so why did I spend the last 2+ hours on my feet???

*typos/ autocorrect 
  • Options
    Ugh now back at our hotel and DH is on his computer, DD is passed out on the bed, and my parents decided to take naps. I want to go in the lagoon but instead I’m stuck inside with nothing to do.
  • Options
    I spent a few hours of my day at a walk-in clinic because my throat has been hurting. Turns out I have a throat infection. Ugh. Just hope DD doesn't catch it. 
  • Options
    @mrsman2018 hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    @pourmeamocktail ugh! That's a long not good day. That sucks :'(
  • Options
    klj0228klj0228 member
    @Sdeux I am so sorry for your Mother’s Day. I can only imagine the general pain of the day for you and even harder with the work you do being reminded of it leading up to the day. Sending lots of internet stranger hugs your way!! This group is fantastic support on the crappy days and the great days. 
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    @Sdeux I haven't had your experiences but I know what it's like to need a space to talk. Life is damn hard and we all need a friendly ear sometimes. Holidays especially can be a real kick in the pants.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm grateful to hear that your husband is doing his best to be a good partner to you and is there to support you.
    I hope that you can enjoy your anniversary with your husband and I'm sure your baby just loves you and can't wait to hug you. 

• Options
    nackienackie member
    @Sdeux I’m so sorry about the loss of both your mom and your dad. I hope this little one can provide something to help refocus all that pain.  Hugs to you. 
  • Options
    @Sdeux I'm sorry for this difficult time of year for you. It sounds like you and your family are handling it well - even when things are not perfect. I love that your husband tried to make it a little easier for you. 

• Options
    @Sdeux hugs! I’m sorry, that whole situation sounds stressful and difficult! I hope your anniversary and your H and kids provide some comfort for you!
  • Options
    @Sdeux big hugs to you, and to everyone who feels pain on Mother’s Day, or any other “celebratory” holiday. DH lost his mom about 7 years ago, sadly I never got to meet her. Mother’s Day is still hard for him, and that is perfectly ok. 

I just want to share this, for anyone that needs it. https://johnpavlovitz.com/2015/05/09/for-those-who-hurt-on-mothers-day/
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @Sdeux glad your DH tried his best to take care of you. So sorry for your losses, I'm sure these holidays will never be easy for you but I hope you and your family are able to find a silver lining on those days.
  • Options
    @lilidubs FTM here too... And DH didn't say a peep about it. Didn't bother me too much. His family called called last night to wish me a Happy Mother's Day.. And DH just continued on with his work. This past weekend was all about him and his work. He did kind of give me a taste of what it will be like when Polly gets here. We've been working on my driving and he made me drive around to three grocery stores, do the shopping by myself, order take out and pick it up, carry in the groceries and put them away by myself. All while feeling tired, hungry and dehydrated. He stayed in the car while I was inside so the air would keep running. Heat index reached 102 yesterday.
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker