High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Need help with bed rest question!

I have Epilepsy. My regular dosage prior to preg was low - Lamictal, about 150mg 1x/day. I had a grand mal at 26w. They’re currently upping my dosage, and next week, I’ll finally land at 300mg/day.

My job is so extremely stressful. I work remotely for a fast-moving Silicon Valley tech company. Average age of employees = mid-20s. I used to stick out as being married - now I stick out as pregnant, ha. 

My meds make me so sleepy. The headaches. My dosage still isn’t right, so I’m not driving. Can I qualify for bed rest? Or at least a note that requests bed rest, that a doctor can write, that my company's HR must acknowledge? 

I’m sinking and am breaking into two as a preg 7mo woman with this job. My boss is 25yo and my HR rep is 27. I’m constantly feeling like I’m on the verge of a seizure, several times a day. Is there a way to quantify stress levels and qualify for leave?  

What specifically can I say to my neurologist to get a note like this? Have any of you done this? Any advice would be so helpful. TIA! 

Re: Need help with bed rest question!

• Options
    I'm sorry you're struggling right now! Pregnancy is hard enough as it is and feeling alone in a work environment makes it so much harder.

When I stopped working, I simply asked my OB for a note excusing me from work. We had discussed my concerns (for me, it was swelling and elevated BP) and how it was affecting my pregnancy. I would imagine if you're honest with your OB or neurologist, they would be willing to write you a note excusing you from work as it is negatively affecting your pregnancy at this stage.

I wish I could offer more advice. The high risk board is pretty inactive. I'd suggest also posting on your birth month board as there will be a bigger audience to offer advice.