August 2018 Moms
Options

High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 05/08

edited May 2018 in August 2018 Moms
How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?  or will you use one for your son/daughter?
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: High Risk Pregnancy Check-In 05/08

• Options
    edited May 2018
    How far along are you?
    23+5

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, Diabetes, IC

Growth scan + cerclage check on Thursday 05/10

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    talked to my mother last night- who told me i just need to 'relax' more and stop stressing out about the pregnancy.... ideally sure- but in practice, with my history, that's just not possible.. so thanks for the super unhelpful advice - 

GTKY: Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? or will you use one for your son/daughter?
    yesterday someone asked me if we were going to use a nickname for our daughter- i've never thought about it, i'm not really a nickname person and i've never had one, we're choosing a name we like, why use a nickname... so i'm interested to hear other people's thoughts on it 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • Options
    How far along?
    26+2

Why high risk?
    complete previa

Additional testing this week?
    No

Rant-
    I don't like the hot weather! Spring/fall weather is ok, but it's been summer hot. 

GTKY-
    I personally don't like nicknames and won't be using any with my daughter (or any of my kids!) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stac928Stac928 member
    @harleyquinn0621 that is unhelpful. Let us know how your check goes Thursday. 

@hopeful91 I feel like we skipped spring and went from winter to summer. Total bummer. 

How far along are you?
    25w3d

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, RPL, borderline hypertension, partial/marginal placenta previa 

I failed my one hour glucose so I have to make time for the three hour sometime soon

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I’m so not excited about this three hour test. And I have a dentist appointment tomorrow too. So a wonderful week :-/

GTKY: Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?  or will you use one for your son/daughter?

in high school I people called me a shortened version of my last name, mostly teammates 

our boy name, William, has some obvious nicknames and I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up using one of them (but not Billy or Bill) 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Options
    How far along are you? 25w2d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, 2 MC's, removed uterine septum

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Nope.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Rant but kind of rave?? Finally after calling three times, someone from my dr's office called me back. I called on Wednesday, then Monday, then this afternoon. On Wed and Mon I called the medical assistant - and apparently she's not on top of her game because I gave up and called the nurse and she called me back like 2 hrs later. I would have thought 24 hours plenty of time for the med assistant to call me back - but home girl was working on 120 hrs. Anyways, nurse told me she told my Dr. about my plans for a c-section and it would get scheduled whenI go back in on May 22nd for my check up. So that's a relief that i know she knows now.. And they'd get me a new quote for the hospital birth.

Question: If you fail the 1 hour ,when do you take the 3 hour? The next day? That same week? Next appt? 

Um - kind of? Not really. If the name we choose is 'nickname-able', we will probably use it - but most of the ones on are list are kind of shorter names so it's not looking that way. 
  • Options
    @hezzer78 with my first I took the 3 hour one as soon as I could get another AM lab appt, I think it was the following week. 
  • Options
    Stac928Stac928 member
    @hezzer78 I took the one hour last Friday, got results Tuesday. They put the lab order in the same day. I just need to figure out when to go. I’ll probably go either Friday or Monday. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @Stac928 sorry you failed the 1 hour- a lot of women that fail the 1 hour still pass the 3 hour.. so keeping my fingers crossed for you!  my dr wanted me to take the 1 hour glucose test and i said, uh isn't that going to just tell you i'm diabetic? ... she thought for a second and says, 'yeah you're right' ... smh 

@hezzer78 what a pain! but i'm glad it's getting all straightened out between the drs <3 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    edited May 2018
    ***trigger warning***
    just heard that a coworker who was 15w pregnant with her second child found out she lost the baby yesterday... i am just devastated for her and also feel guilty because i immediately thought of my appointment tomorrow- and tried to remember the last time i felt the baby 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    Stac928Stac928 member
    @harleyquinn0621 It's hard to hear about other's loss.  Hope your appointment goes well.
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621 How sad :(

Hope all is well tomorrow!
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621 - I'm so sorry for your co worker. I'm stalking for updates from your appointment.
    @Stac928 - I'm sorry about your 1 hr. Fingers are crossed that you get through the 3 hour with flying colors!

How far along are you? 26w tomorrow

Why are you high-risk? Diabetes and AMA

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? OB appt on Monday. I'm terrified. My fasting numbers are sky high again - I feel like nothing I'm doing is making any difference. She threatened bed rest if I didn't get it under control and now I'm worried that we're going to have to actually have that conversation.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just my sob fest above.

GTKY: Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?  or will you use one for your son/daughter? I've never had one but we call this baby Jellybean. We've joked that the nickname will stick around through college as often as we use it lol!

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 oh no! I hope you dont have to do bedrest...ive never heard that for high blood sugar...

my appointment went ok...shortened again a little so i did a NST to make sure there werent any contractions (there wasnt) and they are putting me on progesterone to try to stabalize my cervix...my measurement appointments will be weekly from now until 29 weeks 

but i made it to 24 WEEKS!!!!!!! 
    I seriously cant believe i reached viability 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621
    YES girl!!! Happy viability!!! So super excited for you! <3

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Stac928Stac928 member
    @mrsbubbles-2 we have an in utero nickname too...baby wolverine. Each of our babies gets a super hero nickname while inside, this one for woleverine because he can heal from anything. A twisted optimism thing. 

sorry about the possible bedrest fingers crossed there is some other thing they can do

@harleyquinn0621 that’s decent news. Yay for viability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    kc0711kc0711 member
    Woo for viability! The awesome statistic I heard from my doctor today was that at 28 weeks a baby’s chance of survival is the same as a full term baby. That’ll be here before we all know it!

How far along are you?
    27w+1d

Why are you high-risk?
    Genetic condition, heart condition, vasa previa 

Just went in for another US and check up today. I got a scolding because I am still having too many contractions in a day, and told that if I don’t police myself and back off activity more she will put me on full bed rest or in the hospital. Another check in 2 weeks. The good news is she is 2lbs 8oz and in the 62%! She finally put some weight on!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Kind of the above. I need to be better about my bed rest. I’m such an active person that it is just killing me to do nothing. 

I have a nickname that has been used on and off my whole life as does DH, and this baby already has a nickname. My family is big on nicknames and our friends group is huge on nicknames. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    25 weeks! 13 to go! Will be induced at 38 weeks.

Why are you high-risk?
    Diabetes

Nutritionist and then nothing for 3 weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I am so uncomfortable and grumpy. She is hanging out super low. I feel like when she finally drops she is just going to fall out. 

I have had a few nicknames but the two that have stuck are Heat and Hoodsie. I love hooded sweatshirts and that is pretty much all I wore in High School. Heat was a shortened form of Heather, plus I was sick quite a bit when I was little so the called me heatercore because I was always warm and it just got shortened to Heat as I got older. 

Austyn's nickname is Miss Muffet. Not sure how it came about but we just call her Muffet.
    Baby Girl two has been coined Riley Bug for now. She could possibly be an RJ we will see. 
  • Options
    @harleyquinn0621 - she threatened bed rest because my wacky numbers are almost all stress related. I'm trying to get it under control but with DH out of work I'm putting in as much OT as I can for the extra income. So her solution is to pull me out of work and that, in theory, would reduce my stress levels. But in reality, just the conversation was making me panic a little bit. So I'm procrastinating sending in my weekly numbers right now because my fasting this morning was 125 and that's the lowest it's been all week. Ugh. 

@Stac928 - I love the super hero nicknames! Do you use them in public too - like hey DH, baby Wolverine kicked me right in the belly button while waiting in line at the grocery store or something? Because that would be a hard conversation not to listen in on :)

@hoodwink89 - I've told DH several times now that it feels like my pelvis is going to split open and the baby is going to fall right out. Ugh. I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. Have you thought about one of those maternity belts that kinda lifts and provides a little support? The midwife I saw when I was having some spotting said they could prescribe one - I guess that way insurance could help cover the cost? I haven't looked into it but there might be something there?

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Stac928Stac928 member
    @mrsbubbles-2 yes we do use the nickname in conversation :) It's become habit to us so we don't notice really.  I'm sure it is amusing for others.
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    ugh so i got a voicemail from my OB's office- they said she only wants me to have one more cervix length check and no more after that.. instead of the weekly checks until 28 weeks that the MFM said they want... i have an appointment with her on Tuesday so i'll talk to her about why and see if she will let me have them until 28w since they  are already scheduled..... ... just so frustrated
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    @harleyquinn0621 that is so frustrating, I’m sorry! I hope they get on the same page quickly, maybe your OB didn’t see the recommendation from the MFM before she called? 

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 i'm hoping that is it... they didn't cancel any of the future cervix check appointments so maybe she just missed something before having the nurse call... i'm not going to bother calling since i have an appointment in just a few days- i'd rather to talk to her about it in person 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Options
    How far along are you?
    28 wks 2 days

Why are you high-risk?
    AMA, thyroid disease, previous pregnancy GD

Growth scan on Monday. I just got my second glucose test for this pregnancy and waiting in results. First one was at 14 wks since I had GD with my previous pregnancy.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Have growth scans so often and not getting an appointment time that’s convenient- I can’t take days off, need them for time with baby!

My is Daniella but I was always called Dani. My son has a one syllable name with no chance of making it a nickname - it’s a nickname in itself. 
    Whether the next one is a boy or a girl (gender is a surprise) we’ll probably do the same, give her/him a nickname name.