July 2018 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 5/2

How far along today? How big is baby?

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms

Appointments/US this week

Random Questions

Rants/Raves

GTKY: What's the #1 food or drink that you miss and can't wait to have when no longer pregnant?

Meagan
<3 Married 6.12.10 <3
DS 11.8.12
 Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 5/2

• Options
    stlmegsstlmegs member
    31 weeks!  A bushel of Asparagus

It's really fun watching her move my whole belly when she moves now.  It has really made it obvious how big she is getting!

Friday.  I had one scheduled yesterday but I got about halfway there and they had to cancel because she had to go to a delivery. I forgot about this fun part about the last trimester..... 

Random Questions
    None that I can think of 

Rants/Raves
    My OB was just named one of the Top Performers in the System that I work and I am super excited for her (and me! lol)  

GTKY: What's the #1 food or drink that you miss and can't wait to have when no longer pregnant?
    Whiskey!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    30 weeks! A zucchini.

Nosebleeds! Why! Still having trouble falling asleep, but I eventually do.

Nothing this week. My next one is toward the end of May, and I think that's when I start going twice a week (I'm high risk).

Random Questions
    None that I can think of.

Rants/Raves
    I actually have a rant. My mom basically wants to take over Mother's Day. We offered to host, and just wanted it to be our parents and siblings. Then she wanted me to invite my cousin, whose daughter is abroad now. So, fine. Then she wanted me to invite my aunt, uncle, and their kids and grandchild to teach someone in that family a lesson about inclusion (my sister and I weren't invited to my cousin's daughter's first b-day party, which I've been over since I found out I wasn't invited, but CLEARLY my mom is not over this). So I did invite them, and it's just my aunt, uncle, and the single cousin who are able to make it. It's not the amount of people I have a problem with. It's the fact that if she's not in control of something (like hosting), she needs to find some way to control it, whether it's the guest list or the menu. It's really frustrating, but I know it also won't change. Which is the other frustrating part.

So I told her how I felt, that we just wanted our parents and siblings there (as a way of saying, in the future, please don't tell me who to invite, unless I egregiously leave someone out), and she is now saying that she'll just host and invite everyone she wants, including everyone in DH's family (so she wants 40 people at her house?!). We wanted to host! She seems to think I'm stressed over this, and I'm not; hosting isn't the issue for me. The issue is her need to control things. I get that it's her day, and maybe I should be more accommodating, but I don't see what the problem is with just having parents and siblings, if that's what we want. Maybe I should have just let this go.

But I also realize that this need for control is not something I want to pass on to Nugget, and I also know that we're going to need to set boundaries with my mom, and not feel bad about saying no to certain things.

Raw sushi! I've been eating the cooked kind, which is fine, but I miss spicy salmon rolls.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    stlmegsstlmegs member
    @supersara2 that is super annoying.  Especially when you were trying to be nice and do something kind for your family.  I am sorry!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @stlmegs We worked it all out! We're still hosting, with the original people who are able to come. Just next time she asks about inviting other people to our house and we just want to keep it small, I should say something about having to invite some of DH's family, and then she'll back down. I don't think she thinks that way, so she needs to be reminded of that sometimes. She's very much into including everyone and doesn't like leaving people out, which is nice and I'm the same way, but sometimes it's not necessary/warranted...sometimes small events can just be small events!