August 2018 Moms

High Risk Pregnancy Check-in 05/01

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: When did you know your spouse/SO was "the one"?
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: High Risk Pregnancy Check-in 05/01

• edited May 2018
    How far along are you?
    22+5

Why are you high-risk?
    IC, diabetes, AMA

had my cervix check yesterday, no change! nothing else until next week 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Still loving feeling her move and even more excited now that DH can feel her. although i think it weirds him out a little (there's a PERSON in there lol) 

DH and i met at our previous workplace. I ended up being the one that trained him on an overnight 3rd shift position... i knew the first night we worked together that he was the one... we were working at a place that had these huge boxes and he made a joke about going to make a fort out of them, and that was the minute i knew he was it for me, Even after we started dating and he said he never wanted to get married or have kids i knew we'd get here, and not because i pushed- each stage came at his own suggestion, when he was ready for it-  but it just made sense. just this past weekend his aunt said to me, 'i never thought he would want to have kids' and i told her, neither did he lol 

**edit to add** anyone being talked to about baby showers yet? my SIL is also pregnant and due mid July- so my mother in law wants to throw my baby shower June 16th .. i'll be about 29 weeks-ish at that point so it's a little early but July is a busy month (not only my SIL's baby but multiple family birthdays throughout the month) so i understand... i'm not a super 'baby shower' person- so i asked it be a super casual co-ed/family BBQ so it's nice and easy and not a lot of fuss
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • How far along are you?
    25+2

Why are you high risk?
    complete placenta previa

Any additional monitoring this week?
    nope, just the standard OB check

Rants-
    I was a bit unhappy about my weight this week. I'm on exercise restrictions, so I think that's a factor. 

GTKY-
    That was so long ago! I guess I'm a bad wife to say I'm not sure. 

I'm not a shower person. I had a family only shower with my first because the in laws wanted to throw it. Not having one this time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hopeful91 ugh the weight gain... i try not to focus on it- because she is healthy and thriving and that is what's important.... but i can't stand the weight gain 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Stac928Stac928 member
    How far along are you? 24w3d

Why are you high-risk? AMA, RPL, creeping up blood pressure, partial/marginal placenta previa

Regular OB appointment on Friday with the dreaded glucose tolerance test 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    We got our house painted! Next week new carpet. I can’t wait. 

I think the baby has moved lower. I’m feeling lots of pressure in my pelvis and sometimes sharp pains. It seems early though? 

im not sure there was a moment, just a gradual comfort and safety that came. We met at a time when I was considering a job change and then shortly after went back to school. He was there through it all. 

@harleyquinn0621 yay for the cervix! 
    Our shower is scheduled for June 30. I’ll be 33 weeks. And if the placenta doesn’t move that’s only 3 weeks from giving birth. 

@hopeful91 sorry about the weight. That sucks. Exercise restrictions can’t help, that’s for sure. 
    Me: 39  DH: 30
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:
    BFP #1 2/26/17, MMC 5/2/17
    BFP #2 10/10/17, MC 11/4/17
    BFP #3 12/17/17 Birth 8/13/18
    BFP #4 4/21/19 Birth 12/5/2019

• Yeah I'm not too far off from weight now (25w) than I was at 40w with my daughter! My OB wasn't concerned though, just said I "could have gained more" with my first. I was taken back though as I hadn't weighed myself recently and had just assumed weight gain would be about the same as with my first. 

@Stac928 I sometimes have sharp pains too, but mines more in my cervix area...I wonder if it has to do with the previa.
    I hope the glucose test goes well for you!
  • Stac928Stac928 member
    @hopeful91 might be cervix. I’m not super worried. It’s just a bit anxiety provoking when something changes. But I’ll ask at my appointment Friday. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• kc0711kc0711 member
    How far along are you?
    26w today

Why are you high-risk?
    Genetic condition, heart condition, vasa previa 

Nothing this week, nice break after two last week. I’ll be back at MFM next week for a growth check, ultrasound, and a planning discussion about hospitalized bed rest vs at home bed rest. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I had an emotional week, the isolation of bed rest hit me this week and I was pretty down. My two best girl friends don’t live close and I just miss them dearly and wish they were nearby. 

DH set up a golf date for us for date #2, I said yes and then totally regretted it because I cannot golf. I planned to cancel the day of and try to reschedule to something not golf related. I got so busy at work that day, I was never able to cancel so I had to go or I’d look like a total B blowing him off super last minute. Well I’m really glad I got busy and didn’t cancel, because it was an amazing date. I saw a whole new side of DH, and he was a phenomenal teacher and never made me feel bad about not knowing how to golf. I went home that night and knew I was going to marry him. He actually went home and said the same thing to his roommate at the time. It was meant to be!

As for showers, mine is next weekend at 27w+4d. My parents live across the country and will be visiting, so it got planned for that weekend so they could attend. We also picked this because I hopefully will not be in the hospital on bed rest, I wanted to attend my own shower!
  • @kc0711 how have you been feeling?
  • kc0711kc0711 member
    @hopeful91 I feel ok-ish. I still have contractions daily, and at least once a day have to count to make sure I don’t need to go in to the hospital. All the contractions just leave me sore and with back pain all the time. I just keep telling myself 9 weeks and 4 more days!
  • edited May 2018
    @kc0711 i'm sorry you're still having contractions..  i can't imagine ... :( but you got this! keep that countdown going!! 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @kc0711 hang in there!!!!
  • Stac928Stac928 member
    @kc0711 sorry about those contractions. Just keep on keeping on. You can do this! 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Hi ladies! I’ve been MIA pretty much all week - work is killing me right now. But I wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing!

How far along are you? 25

Why are you high-risk? Diabetes and AMA

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Fetal echo and growth scan were today, everything looked good! Baby was totally uncooperative as usual so I had to roll from side to side, drink ice water and then walk for a bit to try to get her to be in any kind of good position. But we got to see her face so that was pretty incredible!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Small rave but I’ve been sleeping better lately! I had to move to the couch for back support but that’s helped a ton! My pregnancy pillow just wasn’t cutting it.

GTKY: When did you know your spouse/SO was "the one"? Oof, this is a tough one. We worked in the same building for a while before we started dating so we got to know each other a little bit. I think the big moment for me was when he would talk about his son, my step son. He’s the best dad and I just knew!

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @harleyquinn0621 that sounds like the perfect time for a shower! You’ll have plenty of time to get everything set up and buy anything you still need with loads of time before baby comes!
    @kc0711 I’m sorry you’ve been down because if the bed rest. It’s so tough to be away from close friends when you could use a shoulder. I’m sending hugs, I hope the contractions stop soon!
    @Stac928 yes to the pelvic pains! The RLP has been brutal lately, sorry you’re dealing with it!
    @hopeful91 that’s awesome that your OB is chill about your weight! I’ve definitely gained more this time around but I’m hoping it evens out a bit as we close in on the home stretch!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 24w+6d

Why are you high-risk? Old, 2 previous MCs, uterine septum removed

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? I had my last MFM appointment on Tuesday. Rant below.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    So I had my last MFM appointment on Tuesday. And he tells me my RE says I have to have a c-section. Honestly, I'm fine with the news - safer for me and the baby, I'll do it. I'm really salty about the lack of communication between the three doctors offices and me.  At my last MFM appointment, my doc was like.. "Did your RE mention if you have to have a c-section? Cuz she usually makes that recommendation in cases like yours."  I did not remember her saying anything like that, so I called her and left a VM to confirm it was okay to have a vaginal birth. She never called me back, but called my MFM and told him I had to have one. WTF. Why not call me? Anyways. I'm PRETTY damn sure my OB knows nothing about this - I've had lots of appointments with her, and it's never come up. AND the price she quoted for me for a hospital birth was for a vaginal one. So I'm running on the assumption she doesn't know.  So I called the OB office on Thursday and left a message telling her the details and that she would need to contact the RE's office to get the c-section information and that I'd like to schedule it and get a new price quote. Didn't hear anything back yesterday, so I'll be calling her AGAIN on Monday. Gah. It's like the communication train just got seriously derailed. Hopefully after all this crap everyone can get on the same page, but it scares me what would have happened if my MFM would not have asked me about it... I would have never known I needed to have a c-section and something scary could have happened.

Rave: I've been MIA from here lately due to wrapping up grad school and I'm super happy to say I have one little tiny thing to do today, then I'm done and I have a masters! YAY!

Honestly, the first time I saw him. We had been chatting a while online, then I met him and he was really amazing and just like his online persona. We clicked instantly. 

@harleyquinn0621 I'm having a shower June 2nd with my friends - no family at this one. It's kind of early (28w) because my friends are all teachers and some will be leaving for the summer, so we had to do it before everyone scattered. Most of our family lives in Dallas, so I wanted to have a second one there for them, but my MIL refuses to host a shower for me because she thinks it breaks some antiquated etiquette law.  (My parents are a hot mess and couldn't do it)  So. Whatever. If she wants to play 1945 Emily Post, that's fine I guess. I told her it wouldn't be a big deal - just a bunch of family members together for a BBQ, but she didn't feel comfy. She said we could do it as long as it wasn't called a shower.... Ok. Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess. :)

• @hezzer78 that is so frustrating!!! Sounds like it's all getting sorted out but in a very complicated and annoying way
  • Stac928Stac928 member
    @hezzer78 yay for grad school being done! 

Sorry about the doctors. That’s incredibly frustrating that they are not coordinating care. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• Stac928Stac928 member
    @mrsbubbles-2 glad the scan went well! and awesome you are sleeping better! 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• ugh looks like i'm hitting the time where managing blood sugar is going to get hard.. the same breakfast i have been eating for months while still maintaining good blood sugar (less than 140 1 hour post meal) shot me up to 170 today... looks like i'll be cutting back on morning carbs 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• Stac928Stac928 member
    @harleyquinn0621 that sucks
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• @harleyquinn0621 - same! My diabetes nurse called and explained that getting closer to 3rd tri will be when an increase in insulin is usually seen. So I got a bump up in my NPH and my meal time dose and that helped for a bit but they had to bump me again yesterday. It's so hard to keep up with but I keep telling myself we're getting closer every day!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Stac928Stac928 member
    I might be looking for diabetes help. I failed my one hour. Fingers crossed for the three hour but I’m not feeling optimistic. 
    Married 1/28/17
    TW:

• @Stac928 when's your 3 hour?
    I failed the one hour with my first (but passed the 3 hour well below the threshold). I'm hoping to pass the one hour this time... 3 hours was brutal to be waiting in the lab.