Baby Names
Options

Name twin A!

Jyoung327Jyoung327 member
edited May 2018 in Baby Names
Hi all, so we finally found out our twins are boy/girl and I've been pestering dh to talk names with me "for real" since his excuse before was that we didnt know for sure what they were. This week he committed to baby b (boy) being named Wes.ley Jam.es (James is Dh middle name and his dads name).

You may have seen me posting about Quinn for months and months for baby girl. That's my favorite but he can't commit to it "yet" bc he always hears "queen" prior to middle names and he can't decide if its a deal breaker for him. So looking for suggestions to go with Wesley. Last name is one syllable, rhymes with drink. DS is Theo(dore).  Other names I like:

Quinn
Olivia
Lauren
Kate
Rowan 
Ava (but can't use)
Annabelle

I dont like flower names or old names

Thanks!
Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
DS and DD born 8/21/18 

Re: Name twin A!

• Options
    saham07saham07 member
    edited May 2018
    I would use a 2 or 3 syllable first name with a 1 syllable last name, if not the name sounds choppy to my ear. 
    From your list I really like Annabelle and Olivia (Ava too)
    Suggesting
    Stella
    Cecilia
    Afton
    Sylvie
    Lyda
    Mia
    Allison
    AnnMarie
    Sarah
    I would take Rowan and Quinn off the list
  • Options
    I really like Lauren and Annabelle with Wesley. 

Vera
    Harriet
    Penelope
    Gabrielle
    Ophelia
    Matilda
    Willow ( I assume tree names are okay since Rowan is on your list)
    Corinne
    Lydia
    Reina

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your boy name is such a great choice!  I really like Quinn for both boys and girls, but, in my humble opinion, it's much better as a middle name for girls than a first name.  I always think boy when I see it on paper, and the Queen MiddleName issue would personally bother me. 

Your other ideas are good with the exception of Rowan.  That one is all boy.  Rowena is a nice female option.  Some other first name ideas:

Amelia
    Ashley 
    Carolyn 
    Cecily
    Claire 
    Clarissa
    Ella
    Ellen
    Elizabeth 
    Emma
    Felicity 
    Gabrielle
    Gwendolyn 
    Helena
    Jillian
    Juliet 
    Lila
    Maria 
    Morgana
    Paige
    Phoebe
    Victoria, nn Tori 

• Options
    You say you don't like old names but Wesley is very old in that sort of cute grandfatherly way so putting a modern girl name with it will seem very strange. I agree with everything saham07 said above, esp her suggestion of sticking with a multi-syllable name given your one syllable ln. I like Anabelle or Annabel (these are the two spellings-- one French, one English) best from your list. How about:

Lydia
    Corinne
    Mirabelle
    Lola/Lula
    Rosalie

My one suggestion of a more modern name would be Avery. 

• Options
    I like Quinn, Lauren and Kate. Would suggest Laurel, Lydia, Fiona, Lucy, Wren, Sadie, Aria, Claire/Clara
  • Options
    I like Lauren. Seems from the same generation as Wesleynif that makes sense. Quinn sounds like twin boys  although I am fully aware of the queen is a unisex name but when it comes to a set of twins Wesley and Quinn sound like boys to me. It also sounds very choppy given that both the first and last name would be only one syllable. 

Most of the other on your list are quite old fashioned so Inwould keepmlooking since you said you’d only like old names.

Petra
    Sutton
    Chloe
    Piper
    Talia
    Cassidy

• Options
    Lauren is beautiful and classic so is eva

hate quinn hard
  • Options
    I like Olivia and Rowan. I also love Gemma, Hazel, and Reese.